'13 GA OLB Reuben Foster

I am sorry to assume that since he took his OV to Washington this weekend and he spoke about the trip that they interviewed him recently(today) and not a few weeks ago.

Actually it sounds like they interviewed him while still out there or I could assume while at the airport waiting to come home. But maybe there is something code in there that I missed.

While the campus is nearly 2,800 miles from where Reuben and his family live now, he feels very comfortable thinking about a future in Seattle.

“It is cold, but at the same time it is beautiful out here,” Foster said. “It is amazing out here. I am a country boy, so I am not used to this city. Beautiful atmosphere, the sunrises, sunset, it just all puts me in a great state of mind. I could never get tired of living in this city.”

And this quote from the same article:

“I am looking forward to getting to Alabama next weekend and seeing if it is home,” Foster said.

Again assuming the article is accurate in the fact that it took place today. Who knows maybe ESPN made it all up.

Wouldn't be the first time ESPN is less than accurate. I just find it interesting that Foster is scheduled to be at UT to visit on the 18th per Brent Hubbs and Paul Fortenberry and ESPN has him going elsewhere. Who knows, maybe he called CBJ and told him he was cancelling, just find it interesting that it hasn't been reported on UT rivals site. Hubbs and Fort are fairly accurate and quick to provide updates. Guess we will find out as the week progresses.

And the comment referencing them being 2 to 3 weeks behind is about their recruiting info in general. They aren't the most up to date recruiting site.

Wouldn't be the first time ESPN is less than accurate. I just find it interesting that Foster is scheduled to be at UT to visit on the 18th per Brent Hubbs and Paul Fortenberry and ESPN has him going elsewhere. Who knows, maybe he called CBJ and told him he was cancelling, just find it interesting that it hasn't been reported on UT rivals site. Hubbs and Fort are fairly accurate and quick to provide updates. Guess we will find out as the week progresses.

And the comment referencing them being 2 to 3 weeks behind is about their recruiting info in general. They aren't the most up to date recruiting site.

I agree on ESPN regarding how it seems they are wrong more than most. I would rank them near the bottom for recruiting info and accuracy.

Fortenberry already said he would believe Foster would visit once he's on campus. It's still a possibility but I don't feel good about him making it in. JMO

I agree on ESPN regarding how it seems they are wrong more than most. I would rank them near the bottom for recruiting info and accuracy.

Not to defend ESPN, but they are a National Sports service. Rivals, Scout and 247 Sports each have represenatives in areas of the teams. Such as volquest.com and Knoxville News SEntinel. ESPN relies on news primarily through the grapevine and interviewing only the top talent. Where the other site rely on direct and constant info from smaller, regional sites to populate the national sites...it puts ESPN at a disadvantage, but ESPN isn't hurting financially, they can afford to be slightly behind in this respect...

Not to defend ESPN, but they are a National Sports service. Rivals, Scout and 247 Sports each have represenatives in areas of the teams. Such as volquest.com and Knoxville News SEntinel. ESPN relies on news primarily through the grapevine and interviewing only the top talent. Where the other site rely on direct and constant info from smaller, regional sites to populate the national sites...it puts ESPN at a disadvantage, but ESPN isn't hurting financially, they can afford to be slightly behind in this respect...

That makes sense. I would say Scout is getting pretty bad with their talent evaluations as well. Seems as if they are the outlier when it comes to player rankings when compared to the other 3. ESPN always lost me with not including JUCO rankings in there system. Not to mention, in other sports news, how many times has ESPN jumped the gun with breaking news only to have to recant the story. They have been so sensationalized over the last 10-15 years that their credibility is at an all time low IMO.

247 seems to be the hot recruiting site right now with Rivals in 2nd IMO.

That being said, I hope Foster makes it in this weekend.

Agree but I have found ESPN to be wrong more just by not trying to update their content. They will rerun the same info on a recruit 6 months later even if the recruit has already committed. They also show way to much bias in my opinion in their rankings based on who will participate in the Under Armor game they sponsor.

It's relly hard not to think about what might have been had Wilcox and Sirmon stayed. Especially after reading exerpts like this.

You would hope last season would have been better. Although Dooleys most prominent attribute seemed to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so who knows...

Long term though? Even with Wilcox, I dont think Dooley was the guy to put up consistent results. I was a glass half full guy until the middle of the season last year, but looking back and trying to be objective, I cannot remember a bigger failure at a major program; unless you count University of Washington as a major program.

Apparently Hubbs is looking into it. Said Foster's recruitment is fluid and wouldn't be surprised if he changed plans this weekend.

Malzahn visiting with Foster tonight. While in Washington, Foster's mother yesterday visited coaches at athletic facilities.

Malzahn visiting with Foster tonight. While in Washington, Foster's mother yesterday visited coaches at athletic facilities.

Yeah just read his mother will come with him on the visit to UA this weekend.

But question how legit are the concerns about his academics. Starting pick up alot of steam on both UA and UGA boards as well.

Yeah just read his mother will come with him on the visit to UA this weekend.

But question how legit are the concerns about his academics. Starting pick up alot of steam on both UA and UGA boards as well.

Could be, but his HS coaches recently said he is fine.

Five-star linebacker Reuben Foster made the trek out West to visit Washington over the weekend and all reports are things went well. The reason the Huskies have a chance at Foster, and perhaps fellow five-star Jalen Ramsey, is the bond that defensive coaches Justin Wilcox and Peter Sirmon built with the duo while they were at Tennessee. Ultimaely it's a long way from Alabama to Washington, but if Wilcox can sell Foster on being a part of an up and coming program out West, it could be a huge steal for the Pac-12 school.

Rivals -

Not gonna happen.

Malzahn had in-home visit with Foster last night.

"It went great. My mom was there and they spent a lot of time talking," Foster said. "She likes him a lot, she cooked dinner and everything, she has to like him.

"This was a big moment. It was (Malzahn's) time to prove himself and the staff, and he did a marvelous job."

"It feels like I'm getting that feeling again," Foster said.

Reactions: 2 people
Nah, Mama's cooking is all good. Cam is back on campus taking courses to finish his degree and we all know he has deep pockets now. :whistling:

Hahaha, maybe that's an effort to get around NCAA sanctions.

"It was just a loan, he's paying it back now that he's in the NFL."

I can't believe Cam's back taking classes. I know for a fact he didn't have much interest in them the semester he was here. Good for him, I guess.

Saban and Smart visited Foster today at his school. Are doing an in home this evening and then traveling to see Kamara for an in home as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back