Bama fans in Tennessee.

Murvilvol

Coming home from work last monday I thought I was driving in the State of Alabama. Saw a bunch of Bama car flags. I bet 90% of those drivers never stepped foot on Alabama's campus. This brings me to my next point. I hear people talk about how much they hate Bama Fans,Florida Fans and Kentucky Basketball fans. To me the very worst fans in the world are these fans who grew up in East Tennessee that root against Tennessee. They root against UT while pulling for Bama,Florida,FSU,Miami,Oklahoma or some other Football powerhouse while rooting for UNC,Duke,Kentucky or Georgetown in Basketball. Those people are traitors.

Reactions: 18 people
Coming home from work last monday I thought I was driving in the State of Alabama. Saw a bunch of Bama car flags. I bet 90% of those drivers never stepped foot on Alabama's campus. This brings me to my next point. I hear people talk about how much they hate Bama Fans,Florida Fans and Kentucky Basketball fans. To me the very worst fans in the world are these fans who grew up in East Tennessee that root against Tennessee. They root against UT while pulling for Bama,Florida,FSU,Miami,Oklahoma or some other Football powerhouse while rooting for UNC,Duke,Kentucky or Georgetown in Basketball. Those people are traitors.

I completely agree with you on football but not completely on your basketball examples. I do hate Kentucky hoops because they are Tennessee rivals but i grew up pulling for Carolina in basketball because we often sucked and we never played them. I can only remember us playing UNC one time and of course I pulled for the Big Orange. But I don't mind someone pulling for a team we never play in hoops.

Must be like all the Tennessee "fans" I remember from back home in North Carolina during the 90s and early 2000s. Our school has been a part of this too. I only hope to get bandwagoners on board again: means we're winning.

Reactions: 5 people
I have no problem with somebody liking teams from other areas if its not a bandwagon because they are winning thing. If a family member went to bama, florida, etc and you grew up a fan then its fine. Im a 49er and dodgers fan because my dad was statiined in the air force out in california. He became a fan and i grew up watching both in the 80s and have remained a fan. I dont really like the titans or braves as the majority do but im not a bandwagon fan. That being said I have seen a lot that are florida fans one year and bama the next, whoever wins.

Should make the bassturds get a green card to live in the great state of Tennessee if you ask me. Which, of course , nobody did.

Reactions: 2 people
This post is silly. I'm still waiting on my National Championship ring from '98 but its not coming. They did gladly accept $90 from me for the NationallChamps tags on back of my car though and didn't even ask for proof I was a UT fan. It's entertainment and a business that 95% of us "volunteer" to be part of. If that bothers you, sports might be something you should avoid. Be more proud to lose with your team than mad at local Bama "fans" are winning. Feeding the ego with guys that can run with a ball better than others is just stupid.

I used to see a lot of Gator stickers on cars - now it's Bama. LSU or Jawja have a good season, it'll be them. And when (that's right - when, not if) the Vols begin winning big again, those stickers will be replaced. Bandwagon fans - bleh! I stick with the Vols, win or lose. So when we're riding high again, I can proudly say I was behind them all the time.

Tear the damn flags of the cars, and burn them right in front of them, be ready to fight.:banghead2:

I see several people with Mizzou gear in Tennessee. There are lots of people that reside in another state that are transplants.

Why should they give up their allegiance to their home state or university because they move away from there?

I think some of the negative posters on here should get on the Bama Bus for a while. I promise it will make you feel better.

Who cares? They'll lose the flags quick once Saban leaves

Funny, I don't remember seeing that many Alabama fans when they were on probation or before they won the NC in 2009

Reactions: 4 people
I see several people with Mizzou gear in Tennessee. There are lots of people that reside in another state that are transplants.

Why should they give up their allegiance to their home state or university because they move away from there?

I agree with you about the transplants but I too have a problem with people that are born Tennesseans for several generations pulling for Bama. Most are bandwagon fans for sure, but if they would go to a game and see their fellow "fans" they would give it up.

I went to the UT-Bama game this year and unfortunately, my fellow UT fans sold their tickets to guess who and the caliber of people cheering for Bama was comical. When they scored their last td against us they were screaming like they had just won their 15th :loco: NC. The jokes about most of their fans being illiterate is not far from the truth. We have some, too, but they out-dumb our fanbase by leaps and bounds.

I am so ready for Butch and Co., to get us back to the top where we belong.

GO VOLS!!

Reactions: 1 person
Funny, I don't remember seeing that many Alabama fans when they were on probation or before they won the NC in 2009

I forgot alabamer had a football team back then. They rise and fall. Bama should enjoy it, bc unlike their 9 made up national championships, this fortunately will not last.

I can relate to this. I was born in Kingsport. Ive lived in Virginia and now in Georgia. Its not much fun hearing all this dawg talk here. I guess people here in Georgia dont like me and my Vols either, but Im a Vols fan no matter where I live.

Reactions: 1 person
I know a guy referred to only as "The Old Boy" who is a Miami Hurricanes football and UNC basketball fan. He changes NFL teams every day, so I forgot who he likes there.

VN Store

Back