Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they send a note back explaining how to challenge plays and a list of times to do it.

Maybe they will highlight the section that says:

You may challenge the spot of the ball. :crazy:

:lol:

it's insane how many administrative hiccups we have had under such a Detail Oriented, Meticulous, Stickler of a Head Coach

:zeitung_lesen:

Reactions: 1 person
No announcement anytime soon. What im hearing is this, some boosters are trying to strong arm Hart to make a public statement about Dooley. As ive said all along, Hart most likely makes no announcement unless he has a coach ready to take the job. Ive heard some booster have been in contact with gruden, But Hart HAS NOT spoke with Gruden or his agent. Thats whats floating around the ad, dont know anymore than that.

Do you think it's possible that a coach could be offered a job & accept a verbal deal without even talking to Hart?

Ok moving on to Troy. They are 4-4 with wins against: UAB, North Texas, South Alabama, and Florida Intl and losses against: Louisiana-Lafayette, Miss St, Western Kentucky, and Florida Atl.

They have thrown the ball 319 times total and ran the ball 305 times. Pretty good balance of run/pass (A lot better than I previous thought, I thought they were pass heavy).

On offense, they like to spread the defense out. (Exactly what Akron did). They will go multiple and 3-4 WR sets at a time. They basically only have 2 running plays. The draw and zone stretch. They throw the ball around 40 times a game, and they run the ball around 35-38 times a game. So thats obviously about 80 plays on offense for them.

On defense, they run a 4-3 bandit with 1 DE, 2 DTs, and the bandit (which is a DE/LB hybrid). The bandit usually lines up in a 2 or 3 point stance. His main goal is to rush the passser but he also has LB responsibilities.

From what I can tell they are VERY small on the D Line. Their DE weighs 249 and the 2 DTs weigh 279&274. They are starting a freshmen at corner who is 5'8 and opposite him, they start a 5'10 corner.

UA will miss on more recruits than we get. That is a no brainer because we go after so many top tier, like many other programs. You figure for every 5 star your program lands you miss on 7.

In regards to coaching I know you have never been high on Saban, but I am very happy with him as a coach. But Meyer was good when no one else was in the conference to compete yet. Lets remember he showed up as Saban was leaving, Miles and Spurrier arriving, and Fulmer on the downslide. Once the competition got tough he had a heart attack and left.

Muschamp is using Meyer's talent. If Spurrier did not whine I would have more respect for him but is a good coach. Carroll as well.

And so far no one has been able to stop UA. Does not mean they will not but no one has yet. Just saying. Go ahead bash because again I know you hate UA and Saban.:hi:

Yeah about the response I expected from you. I said Saban wasn't head and shoulders above these other coaches while you want to say he is to an extent.

Meyer won with Richt, Fulmer, Tuberville, Spurrier, Miles and Saban(guess these coaches suck huh) were in this league. He beat Saban without Percy to go on and win the championship. Also the coaches I named were in the league when Saban was at LSU and Bama.

So your point about Meyer is BS. Saban showed up with Fulmer on his downside as well. Because when he was at LSU they were going toe to toe when matched up.

Also Carrol was coaching against what other coach on the West Coast? But he's that much better than Meyer huh? Stop the nonsense.

Saban won big his second year so was he using Shula's talent??? Muschamp point is now BS too.

I've said before I respect Saban but you want to diss every coach not named Saban. Now I guess I'm bashing Saban with facts huh. And you don't like Spurrier because he's a better gameday coach than Saban with equal teams. Cut the Bull Chip. :)

:lol:

it's insane how many administrative hiccups we have had under such a Detail Oriented, Meticulous, Stickler of a Head Coach

:zeitung_lesen:

Any normal person with a salary of 2+ million would be fired immediately for making bonehead mistakes like DD.

Yeah about the response I expected from you. I said Saban wasn't head and shoulders above these other coaches while you want to say he is to an extent.

Meyer won with Richt, Fulmer, Tuberville, Spurrier, Miles and Saban(guess these coaches suck huh) were in this league. He beat Saban without Percy to go on and win the championship. Also the coaches I named were in the league when Saban was at LSU and Bama.

So your point about Meyer is BS. Saban showed up with Fulmer on his downside as well. Because when he was at LSU they were going toe to toe when matched up.

Also Carrol was coaching against what other coach on the West Coast? But he's that much better than Meyer huh? Stop the nonsense.

Saban won big his second year so was he using Shula's talent??? Muschamp point is now BS too.

I've said before I respect Saban but you want to diss every coach not named Saban. Now I guess I'm bashing Saban with facts huh. And you don't like Spurrier because he's a better gameday coach than Saban with equal teams. Cut the Bull Chip. :)

Honestly, in college football right now. Who is a better coach then Saban at the moment? Lets be honest and look at the whole scope of major division 1 FBS program. Like I said I hate to say it, but Sabanhas the Alabama college football program on another level. From player development to actual gamedays, who at the moment has done more then Saban recently. You say his first national championship was with Shula players, what about last year. Even if Bama loses to LSU and I don't think they will. They still play in Miami, look at last year. They have the best coach in college football at the MOMENT. Looking at it from a neutral position, It's not that hard to see. Also no one else is churning out draft picks like BAMA at the moment. End of story.

I don't see them scoring less twenty honestly. They have a solid QB and we have a habit of giving up career days.

They will put up 30. That is a good offense, they scored 24 on Miss State and gained 572 yards. This is NOT a gimme by any stretch. Should be a tight high scoring affair

So you don't think a program in the country can prepare players as well or better than Saban? You don't think we can hire a coach that can go toe to toe with Bama?

Looking at the draft, I don't think any coach at the moment can develop players for the NFL better then Saban. I don't think UT can, unfortunately. Butch Davis Would be as close or better then developing and scouting players that have tools that translate to the NFL. AS. A game day coach, I would still give Sabn the nod. It is what it is.

Honestly, in college football right now. Who is a better coach then Saban at the moment? Lets be honest and look at the whole scope of major division 1 FBS program. Like I said I hate to say it, but Sabanhas the Alabama college football program on another level. From player development to actual gamedays, who at the moment has done more then Saban recently. You say his first national championship was with Shula players, what about last year. Even if Bama loses to LSU and I don't think they will. They still play in Miami, look at last year. They have the best coach in college football at the MOMENT. Looking at it from a neutral position, It's not that hard to see. Also no one else is churning out draft picks like BAMA at the moment. End of story.

You guys act as if what Saban is doing has never been done before. Butch Davis is one of the most underrated overall coaches in history. He had Miami with first rounders the same way. Les Miles is putting guys in the first round. Florida is also putting players in the NFL. Check this draft class for this year coming up. UGA has first rounders on that squad. The media is hyping Bama up to crazy heights. I'll see how they react after these next two weeks. Because beating UT, Miss. State, and Michigan doesn't prove anything. I'm not saying they aren't good. But people saying they're unstoppable. GTFOH.

You crack me up. Meyer arrived in 2005 the same time Saban left. The first time they went head to head was Saban's 2nd year and Meyers 4th year in 2008. His 2nd year at UA after an 7-6 season. But the next year Urban had the all world Tebow, Saban beat Meyer.

Spurrier arrived at USC in 2005 a program with nothing, but oh guess what when Spurrier finally gets the talent to compete with UF in 2010 he rolls into UF and beats Meyer.

Love on Meyer all you want but once the other teams caught up to him in talent he got out coached and beat and ran to the Big10. If Meyer could do what he did with all the teams in the SEC now nationally ranked I would give him credit. But doing it when what LSU and maybe UGA for the most part were the only teams out of 11 that could even come close to competing with him sorry not going to give him a thumbs up. Meyer had the opportunity o stay and compete when the conference saw multiple teams challenge for top dog and decided to bail.

My original statement was also referring to putting talent into the league. I do not care who USC played against or what conference they were in. Carroll put players into the NFL every year.

And in regards to Spurrier, what I can not like him because he always has an excuse for why his team gets beat but never his fault. Go watch the ESPN show on the SECCG. Spurrier in 91 barely beats UA and is not scheduled to play them in 92. Meaning UF had an easier schedule to go undefeated and get to the NC. In the documentry he is complaining about having to play the game and says it is not needed and if he had his way the game would not happen. Then UF did not have the season he was hoping for and finished the regular season 8-3 and he was interviewed right before the game and was praising the SEC for creating it. Just like him complaining on TV now that UGA did not have to play LSU, UA, or Ark this year. If the was USC in that situation he would not say a word. Never said he was not a good coach just whines to much about everything in public.:hi:

63-27.

I think Troy makes it exciting in the first half because our defense sucks and then we just have a field day with them in the second half. I think this team wants a win so badly, they will play all out and destroy them.

We should honestly destroy Troy. Offense should score tons of points but defense will more than likely give up some big plays so I see Troy scoring a few as well.
Ill say something like UT 52 Troy 21

You guys act as if what Saban is doing has never been done before. Butch Davis is one of the most underrated overall coaches in history. He had Miami with first rounders the same way. Les Miles is putting guys in the first round. Florida is also putting players in the NFL. Check this draft class for this year coming up. UGA has first rounders on that squad. The media is hyping Bama up to crazy heights. I'll see how they react after these next two weeks. Because beating UT, Miss. State, and Michigan doesn't prove anything. I'm not saying they aren't good. But people saying they're unstoppable. GTFOH.

You were saying the same thing about how UA would be after playing UT and MSU. Just saying.

I think everyone still thinks this is the 2011 Vols that will roll over and die and they just aren't. Outside of the Bama game, these guys have proven they are fighters and I expect to see that going forward. We will out talent everyone else on our schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
I think everyone still thinks this is the 2011 Vols that will roll over and die and they just aren't. Outside of the Bama game, these guys have proven they are fighters and I expect to see that going forward. We will out talent everyone else on our schedule.

I fully expect us to win out, and possibly in impressive fashion. With our improved O-Line play, our offense has really developed into one of the elite offenses in the SEC. When we play subpar competition, we put up video game numbers. Our defense will continue to be problematic but should have a distinct advantage up front against Troy, Mizzou, Vandy, and UK.

images

we also out talented miss state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back