'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is that our 2-3 deep could have started at most D1 schools including SEC.We had some sick talent back in the day.

Thanks, StoVol.

Last edited:
Jonathan Mapu too. Hawaiian pipeline.

That two year mission really shot him in the foot...but I'm not going to dog the guy for following what he thought was a religious obligation.

Still wish he would have played straight through his four years. He looked solid his sophomore year, and then when he came back, just wasn't the same.

Nice to hear from you, RR. Let's take a look...
2012:
DE Couch 5*
NT McCullers 4*
DE Sentimore 4*

2008:
DE Wes Brown 4*
DT Demonte Bolden 4*
DT Dan Williams 3*
DE Robert Ayers 4*

2005:
DE Jason Hall 4*
DT Justin Harrell 4*
DT Jesse Mahelona 5*
DE Parys Haralson 4*

2000:
DE Jackson N/A
DT Henderson N/A
DT Haynesworth N/A
DE Overstreet N/A

One certainly could make a strong point for 2005 & 2008 but I'll stand by my earlier post and rank as follows:

1. 2000
2. 2012
3. 2005
4. 2008
IMO.

Where are you spending most of your time these days?

Two NFLers in '08 and three in '05. Let's hold up and let this D actually prove something.

Two NFLers in '08 and three in '05. Let's hold up and let this D actually prove something.

Let's not jump too far ahead, Chavisut. Analysis = first/second yr collegiate stage.
Although I have no doubt (if remain healthy) that one day we'll be watching Couch, McCuller's, and Sentimore on Sunday's as well.

2012:
DE Couch 5*
NT McCullers 4*
DE Sentimore 4*

2008:
DE Wes Brown 4*
DT Demonte Bolden 4*
DT Dan Williams 3*
DE Robert Ayers 4*

2005:
DE Jason Hall 4*
DT Justin Harrell 4*
DT Jesse Mahelona 5*
DE Parys Haralson 4*

2000:
DE Jackson N/A
DT Henderson N/A
DT Haynesworth N/A
DE Overstreet N/A

One certainly could make a strong point for 2005 & 2008 but I'll stand by my earlier post and rank as follows:

1. 2000
2. 2012
3. 2005
4. 2008
IMO.

Good to see you oskie! As for me, my time is stretched thin. Got a kid playing 7th grade junior high ball for Powell. Got a 4 yr old and another to be born at any given moment. But I'm on here daily. I don't post a lot, just when I feel the need. And I don't get on GVX too much, too many simpletons on there. The trolls don't bother me, it's the "true vol fans." you know...the ones who question your loyalty if you have an opposing opinion to the slightest degree. And you know me oskie, I'm gonna speak my mind. I'm not one to bash my Vols, just call it how I see it. But that doesn't set well with others.

As for VolNation, there are a few simpletons on here as well. But there's also some good credible info. And I'm no insider, but enjoy posting my opinion when I feel I can contribute or add to the conversation. Overall just a better site with FAR LESS lip flapping punks. Again, good to see you. Hope all is well with you and yours.

2012:
DE Couch 5*
NT McCullers 4*
DE Sentimore 4*

2008:
DE Wes Brown 4*
DT Demonte Bolden 4*
DT Dan Williams 3*
DE Robert Ayers 4*

2005:
DE Jason Hall 4*
DT Justin Harrell 4*
DT Jesse Mahelona 5*
DE Parys Haralson 4*

2000:
DE Jackson N/A
DT Henderson N/A
DT Haynesworth N/A
DE Overstreet N/A

1. 2000
2. 2012
3. 2005
4. 2008
IMO.

Antonio Reynolds was on the 08' line too.

Didn't Harrell play with a dislocated shoulder or broken arm or something one season? I remember vaguely something to do with an injury and admiring him for toughing it out. Maybe the fla game?

What I was thinking. The 05 line has the edge over this one to me. The 2000 line was so crazy. Even Saban said it was the most talented team he ever faced up front.

^^^this^^^. Folks were saying Miami would have pounded us in the NC game had we made it in 01. I think our D-line could have neutralized their offense keeping us in the game. But we'll never know thanks to those damn QB sneaks we couldn't stop in the Ga. Dome, LOL.

^^^this^^^. Folks were saying Miami would have pounded us in the NC game had we made it in 01. I think our D-line could have neutralized their offense keeping us in the game. But we'll never know thanks to those damn QB sneaks we couldn't stop in the Ga. Dome, LOL.

We would've upset them in 01. That D-line would've mangled Miami on the inside. Our offense was loaded too. Skill players: Stallworth, Witten, Washington, and T.Stephens leading the charge. The O-line wasn't too bad either. Hate we knocked Rohan Davey out of the game. LOL

Didn't Harrell play with a dislocated shoulder or broken arm or something one season? I remember vaguely something to do with an injury and admiring him for toughing it out. Maybe the fla game?

Yes sir. He had a torn bicep. The 06 Dline was nice prior to his injury. He and McBride made a nasty duo. I remember Harrell playing UF with a torn bicep. While UF played Marcus Thomas at DT when failed piss test should have had him on the bench. Yet Thomas played and dominated.

Funny you bring up Harrell. Because a friend and I were talking about just how costly that 06 Air Force game was prior to the UF game. We lost Harrell, Inky, and Arian Foster tweaked his ankle in the AF game. I still think minus those injuries that was a BCS type team. Well, those injuries along with Ainge. You know....the unwarranted QB bootleg at SC with the game already in the bag that got Ainge's ankle shredded, with LSU and Ark looming large. I've gotta stop right now. Just thinking of it is really pissing me off.

We would've upset them in 01. That D-line would've mangled Miami on the inside. Our offense was loaded too. Skill players: Stallworth, Witten, Washington, and T.Stephens leading the charge. The O-line wasn't too bad either. Hate we knocked Rohan Davey out of the game. LOL

Yes sir. Our o-line was rather beastly. As for the rest, you pretty well summed it up. All I know is that I'm dusting off my black flags with orange power T's and putting them on the truck. It's game week. So if you see a guy driving around Knoxville flying flags and flipping off UF and Bama fans it's me. And I'm not kidding. Sick and tired off UF and Bama fans in my city. Not one ounce of love here.

Yes sir. Our o-line was rather beastly. As for the rest, you pretty well summed it up. All I know is that I'm dusting off my black flags with orange power T's and putting them on the truck. It's game week. So if you see a guy driving around Knoxville flying flags and flipping off UF and Bama fans it's me. And I'm not kidding. Sick and tired off UF and Bama fans in my city. Not one ounce of love here.

Damn straight. We need to put the nastiness back in those games.

I work with 4 Bammer idiots. I flip them off on a daily basis.

I can't even go into the barbershop like I want to anymore. Have to avoid the Friday crowd because they are all RTR for life.

I can't even go into the barbershop like I want to anymore. Have to avoid the Friday crowd because they are all RTR for life.

Yeah, I hear ya. Hell, my neighbor is from Gainsville Fla. after the Fulmer/Crompton debacle in the 08 UF game I came home, and while getting out of my truck the neighbors boy said "I made you guys some cookies". He handed me the cookies and said he thought I would like the colors. They were blue and orange. I was already homicidal from the game, but this made me snap. So I took one of the cookies and crumbled it on his head, then looked at his dad and was dying for him to say something. My buddy said I had a wild look on my face which explains why the boys dad didn't say a thing. All he said was "son I think it's time we go in." Good judgement on his part, bad judgement by sending his boy with the cookies. He knew he was being a smart ass. But he didn't know how close he came to being oblitorated for doing so. Needless to say, our relationship has been fractured since and my life has never been better. True story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back