'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to hoping the extra 40 lbs. does him well.

Mo, M2 and Hooch could be a real special way to kick of this 3-4 defense.

Sorry about that.

1. Mo Couch obviously
2. My take on Mount McCullers and the second-highest mountain in the world
3. if you've ever watched the show Scrubs as fanatically as I have, there's a guy on the show who started off being just a normal guy who was named "Hooch". They'd go, "Hooch is crazy." Spoilers: he turns into a crazy guy after a while. Fits with a guy who allegedly set off firecrackers in his dorm and was voted off his team.

thoughts on his OW performance.... Didn't really see him making a lot of noise, but not really saying that's a bad thing. I do know the ends in the 3-4 don't make a lot of highlights.

thoughts?

thoughts on his OW performance.... Didn't really see him making a lot of noise, but not really saying that's a bad thing. I do know the ends in the 3-4 don't make a lot of highlights.

thoughts?

He's put on 35 lbs. in three months after practically not doing anything since he left Alabama. Needs a while to get his legs underneath him. Same thing happened to Couch when he first got here. Luckily, Sentimore has the entire Summer to get the swing of things.

And if you look at the tape, you'll see he's getting some good pressure on passing downs. Nobody on the run downs was doing much of anything. Like Dooley said, the defense will probably have to "do some things" on run downs to stop other teams.

The best way I can describe what the D-line looks right now is that they are all standing in the right place, they just aren't really confident in what they are supposed to do. That's not just with Sentimore, that's everybody on the line. Probably because they're trying lots of guys in lots of different places.

Things will change when O'Brien and McCullers get here and the NT position solidifies.

Sorry about that.

1. Mo Couch obviously
2. My take on Mount McCullers and the second-highest mountain in the world
3. if you've ever watched the show Scrubs as fanatically as I have, there's a guy on the show who started off being just a normal guy who was named "Hooch". They'd go, "Hooch is crazy." Spoilers: he turns into a crazy guy after a while. Fits with a guy who allegedly set off firecrackers in his dorm and was voted off his team.

Everything I've heard/read about him says he's crazy. As long as he demolishes OL he can play with all the fireworks he wants.

Read a good article on TOS about Sentimore. Confirmed he was pretty out of shape when he arrived and that affected his play this spring. However both he and the coaches are confident he will improve this summer and he showed flashes of playing very well in practice. The other interesting fact is Sentimore believes Tennessee has talent that equals Alabama, just not as much depth as Alabama. He said he assumed we would not, but was surprised to find we did. Interesting perspectives. Hope he turns out to be a good one for us.

thoughts?

He may be one of our top 3 dlman..

Read a good article on TOS about Sentimore. Confirmed he was pretty out of shape when he arrived and that affected his play this spring. However both he and the coaches are confident he will improve this summer and he showed flashes of playing very well in practice. The other interesting fact is Sentimore believes Tennessee has talent that equals Alabama, just not as much depth as Alabama. He said he assumed we would not, but was surprised to find we did. Interesting perspectives. Hope he turns out to be a good one for us.
Gracias por la informacion!

Reactions: 1 person
Darrington Sentimore - After a sub-par spring where Sentimore was out of shape and not very productive, the junior college transfer was the most consistent defensive lineman in fall camp and has earned a starting job at defensive end. Sentimore played much more physical this fall and show the ability to play both the run and the pass effectively.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Couch, McCullers, and Sentimore. Not since Haynesworth and Henderson has Tennessee had this type elite talent in the trenches. I know our 'backers are grinning form ear-to-ear.

Couch, McCullers, and Sentimore. Not since Haynesworth and Henderson has Tennessee had this type elite talent in the trenches. I know our 'backers are grinning form ear-to-ear.

This. Our D-line play will be one of the deciding factors in whether or not we have a successful season.

The 05' D-line could compare IMO. Possibly the 08' as well.

Nice to hear from you, RR. Let's take a look...
2012:
DE Couch 5*
NT McCullers 4*
DE Sentimore 4*

2008:
DE Wes Brown 4*
DT Demonte Bolden 4*
DT Dan Williams 3*
DE Robert Ayers 4*

2005:
DE Jason Hall 4*
DT Justin Harrell 4*
DT Jesse Mahelona 5*
DE Parys Haralson 4*

2000:
DE Jackson N/A
DT Henderson N/A
DT Haynesworth N/A
DE Overstreet N/A

One certainly could make a strong point for 2005 & 2008 but I'll stand by my earlier post and rank as follows:

1. 2000
2. 2012
3. 2005
4. 2008
IMO.

Where are you spending most of your time these days?

Nice to hear from you, RR. Let's take a look...
2012:
DE Couch 5*
NT McCullers 4*
DE Sentimore 4*

2008:
DE Wes Brown 4*
DT Demonte Bolden 4*
DT Dan Williams 3*
DE Robert Ayers 4*

2005:
DE Jason Hall 4*
DT Justin Harrell 4*
DT Jesse Mahelona 5*
DE Parys Haralson 4*

2000:
DE Jackson N/A
DT Henderson N/A
DT Haynesworth N/A
DE Overstreet N/A

One certainly could make a strong point for 2005 & 2008 but I'll stand by my earlier post and rank as follows:

1. 2000
2. 2012
3. 2005
4. 2008
IMO.

Where are you spending most of your time these days?

That 2005 line looks pretty good compared to the last few seasons. Good breakdown

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back