Atlanta Braves III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone expecting them to wilt down the stretch is kidding themselves. They are the real thing. The Braves aren't going to have anything handed to them.

I quit believing they would wilt awhile ago. Power hitting and pitching, pretty good combinaton to have.

Nats are for real. All those years of stockpiling early 1st round talents are paying off.. They can win a pennant if they don't shelf Strasburg.

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
now
Sources: Boston called Texas and Atlanta within last 48 hours trying to dump Josh Beckett. No deal is imminent. Red Sox gauging interest.

realllly hope Wren says no

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
now
Sources: Boston called Texas and Atlanta within last 48 hours trying to dump Josh Beckett. No deal is imminent. Red Sox gauging interest.

realllly hope Wren says no

He's owed around $15.75 million next year I believe. Sounds a whole lot like Mike Hampton to me.

Unbelievably easy schedule to finish up the year. Three with the nationals at home-only 3 games in September vs a .500team

Reactions: 1 person
Beckett the player would be worth taking a low-risk flyer on. Beckett the contract is radioactive.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Beckett pitch pretty well again if he got out of Boston. That is a mutually terrible situation.

He's owed around $15.75 million next year each for two more seasons I believe. Sounds a whole lot like Mike Hampton to me.

As I said, radioactive. At some point the Red Sox are going to decide that they just need to get him the hell out of town and will eat virtually all of that salary to make it happen.

As I said, radioactive. At some point the Red Sox are going to decide that they just need to get him the hell out of town and will eat virtually all of that salary to make it happen.

Derek Lowe style. If they made it where we only owed 5 mil a year I would do it.

Reactions: 1 person
This is just a thought, but knowing how the Braves can be aggressive with their young guys at times, do you see the Braves being aggressive with JR Graham(power righty just got to AA) by putting him in the bullpen? The Braves don't really like to pay for bullpen players, so he would be a cheap option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back