The thread about Islam/Muslims (Merged)

1. Edmund Burke never said that. It is falsely attributed to him...therefore, your statement re: credibility is interesting at best.

2. Not every Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc. is a Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu theologian and/or scholar; therefore, not every ex-Muslim, ex-Christian, ex-Jew, ex-Hindu is a Muslim, Christina, Jew, Hindu theologian and/or scholar. There are plenty of Christians who disagree as to the interpretation of the scripture; there are plenty of Jews that disagree as to the interpretation of scripture; there are plenty of Hindus that disagree as to the interpretation of scripture; and, shockingly, there are plenty of Muslims that disagree as to the interpretation of scripture.

3. If I quoted Christopher Hitchens on the evils of Christianity, would you refer to him as a credible source since he was an ex-Christian?

1. I realize that, whoever was the first to say it sure hit the nail on the head though.

2. Examples of muslim scholars who disagree with the mainstream interpretation of islamic scriptures?

3. I like reading Hitchens, imo he is honest and straightforward, at least he isn't trying to deceive me.

For someone such as yourself, who exudes intellectual arrogance, it would appear that you could reconize that the substance of the letter gives even more credibility to Geller.

"There is no God but Freedom, and everyone can be his messenger!"

Holy ****.

That did absolutely nothing to counter my post. I've never seen someone abuse the strawman argument so much. Old, crazy white people... I swear.

So where is your quote that gives you the least amount of credibility in your attempted defamation Geller's credibility?

The ex-muslim says quite a bit to support her from first hand experience.

Do you have something against freedom and individual freedom of choice?

1. I realize that, whoever was the first to say it sure hit the nail on the head though.

2. Examples of muslim scholars who disagree with the mainstream interpretation of islamic scriptures?

Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri

For someone such as yourself, who exudes intellectual arrogance, it would appear that you could reconize that the substance of the letter gives even more credibility to Geller.

It does not.

Media censorship of gang-raping of children now endemic in Britain | Vlad Tepes

Today brings another example of what these astonishing set of instructions, in a supposedly “free” country, mean in practise: the deliberate and intentional concealment of reality. The purposeful avoidance of reporting unpalatable truths.

The truth in this case being the terrifyingly enormous scale of organised gang rape in Britain. The victims being non-muslim children, the perpetrators being almost exclusively Muslim men.
------------------------

The 11 men: Abdul Aziz, Abdul Qayyum, Abdul Rauf, Adil Khan, Hamid Safi, Kabeer Hasan, Liaqat Hussain Shah, Mohammad Amin, Mohammad Sajid, Qamar Shahzad, and Shabir Ahmed were committed to stand trial at proceedings on the 3rd of January, the day before yesterday. You’ll not find a single reference to their crimes or their upcoming trial anywhere in the British media.

Anywhere.

The same is true here in America.

For instance the Texas Santa Claus killings, as soon as it became known he was a muslim, the story disappeared.

I always try to find humor in any situation or circumsance, in reference to the link and exerpt posted above; I read a few days ago about another city in England that was experiencing the same problem.

The city council found a novel solution, they spread pig offal in their city park and guess what?

Problem solved, now the dwellers in that city can take their kids to the park without fear of attack from gangs of miscreants, you have to watch your step and the odor might be offensive at first but still, the solution is better than having to deal with the problem.

1. Is this the same Great Britain in which the government kidnapped a Muslim baby from his Muslim father?

2. News stories regarding any murder that does not involve middle to upper class white persons (or, beautiful 'killers') only stick around for a day or two. This phenomenon has nothing to do with Islam.

1. Is this the same Great Britain in which the government kidnapped a Muslim baby from his Muslim father?

2. News stories regarding any murder that does not involve middle to upper class white persons (or, beautiful 'killers') only stick around for a day or two. This phenomenon has nothing to do with Islam.

1. Was that covered in the media?

At leaast you are accurate when you say a muslim baby, since his purported father is muslim then that poor child will be muslim all his life or if otherwise, then he will be an apostate living under the threat of a death sentence.

2. Riiiiight, just workplace violence, nothing at all to do with islam.

So tell me more about ul-Qadi.

I've not read anything that discredits Geller to begin with.

Do you claim she isn't credible?

I do not know if she is or not; I do claim that that letter does not make her credible.

ul-Qadi has been very public in his denunciation of Islamic terrorism. There are also groups of clerics in Somalia, India, and Jakarta (off the top of my head) that are vocal in such denunciations. They do not get much press in America, though.

1. Was that covered in the media?

At leaast you are accurate when you say a muslim baby, since his purported father is muslim then that poor child will be muslim all his life or if otherwise, then he will be an apostate living under the threat of a death sentence.

2. Riiiiight, just workplace violence, nothing at all to do with islam.

1. Both his parents are Muslim; he might choose to remain so. His choice.

2. Hmm...

So where is your quote that gives you the least amount of credibility in your attempted defamation Geller's credibility?

Theoretically, that's your call goat cheese.

The ex-muslim says quite a bit to support her from first hand experience.

Why should her past faith give her any credibility? It hints fear, indecisiveness, and a good bit of bull****. But hey, I guess she knows equally scared old, white Christians like yourself will keep buying into it and giving AtlasShrugs it's monthly dose of hits so she can continue to afford looking like a jersey mob wife.

Do you have something against freedom and individual freedom of choice?

Of course not, but then again I'm not the one opposed to sharia mediation, abortion, gay marriage, and the legalization of controlled substances.

1. Both his parents are Muslim; he might choose to remain so. His choice.

2. Hmm...

If he chooses to leave islam then sharia law calls for a death penalty against him, a powerful motivator wouldn't you say?

In cases in which the death penalty isn't carried out, the one leaving islam is more likely than not to be estranged from his birth family for the rest of his life.

U.S. Mosques: Repositories of Muslim Brotherhood Literature and Preachers | Islam in America Right Side News

Washington, D.C., December 14, 2011 – Perspectives on Terrorism, recently released a comprehensive study on violence-advocating texts in American mosques titled Sharia Adherence Mosque Survey: Correlations between Sharia Adherence and Violent Dogma in U.S. Mosques.

The Shariah Adherence Mosque Survey found that 80% of U.S. mosques provide their worshippers with jihad-style literature promoting the use of violence against non-believers and that the imams in those mosques expressly promote that literature.

The study also found that when a mosque imam or its worshippers were “sharia-adherent,” as measured by certain behaviors in conformity with Islamic law, the mosque was more likely to provide this violent literature and the imam was more likely to promote it.

Perspectives on Terrorism is a scholarly, peer-reviewed international journal of the Terrorism Research Initiative (TRI), a global initiative that seeks to support the international community of terrorism researchers and scholars through the facilitation of collaborative projects and cooperative initiatives. TRI was established in 2007 by scholars from several disciplines in order to provide the global research community with a common tool than can empower them and extend the impact of each participant's research activities.

ikhwan.gif

Theoretically, that's your call goat cheese.

Why should her past faith give her any credibility? It hints fear, indecisiveness, and a good bit of bull****. But hey, I guess she knows equally scared old, white Christians like yourself will keep buying into it and giving AtlasShrugs it's monthly dose of hits so she can continue to afford looking like a jersey mob wife.

Of course not, but then again I'm not the one opposed to sharia mediation, abortion, gay marriage, and the legalization of controlled substances.

Goat cheese?

islamic_rage.jpg

120103islamophobia.jpg

If he chooses to leave islam then sharia law calls for a death penalty against him, a powerful motivator wouldn't you say?

In cases in which the death penalty isn't carried out, the one leaving islam is more likely than not to be estranged from his birth family for the rest of his life.

1. The crime is the kidnapping.

2. If he chooses to renounce Islam he is no longer subject to any type olf Sharia Law, seeing as he is in the UK and does not have to choose such medation.

3. Estrangement from friends and family is no greater for an ex-Muslim living in a Western state than for many ex-Christians.

Am I historically ignorant or did Christians used to burn apostates, heretics, and blasphemers at the stake?

Photo of your recent brain scan??

Interesting.

You remind me of what Pamela characterizes as quislings in the article below.

"Moderate" Muslim Tunisians Greet Hamas leader with chants of

Once again an illusion of a moderate Islam is unmosqued.

And it is ugly.

Why do civilized men tolerate this barbarity? Why do civilized men walk on eggshells for fear of insulting savages, as if they had human sensibilities? They don't, and we'd be wise to buck up and fight this gruesome fight. We will have to.

Instead, the media quislings allow Islamic supremacists and stealth jihadists to smear, defame and libel those who challlenge jihad and dare to speak the truth about the most radical and extreme ideology on the face of the earth. To what end?
----------------------

Cries of ‘Out with the Jews!’, ‘Kill the Jews!’ greeted the arrival at Tunis airport of the Hamas chief in Gaza, Ismail Haniyeh…

A few hundred people gathered on 5 January at the Tunis-Carthage airport to welcome Haniyeh. As they waited for him they sang antisemitic chants and slogans to the glory of Palestine and the liberation of Gaza. They carried Palestinian flags, the flags of the Ennahda movement, and the black flags of the Salafists.
----------------------------

The Guardian characterized Rached Ghannouchi (after his Ennahda Party won the Tunisian elections) as ushering in to Tunisia a “moderate” brand of Islamism.

The Guardian’s Jonathan Steele, in Oct., complained that secular (anti-Islamist) Muslim parties which competed in the Tunisian elections were playing on Islamophobia by warning of the threats posed by Islamist parties such as Ennahda.

CiF’s Rachel Shabi, in her shameful apologia, on Dec. 27, for the ethnic cleansing of Jews by Arab leaders, wrote the following:

Tunisian Jews, a deeply rooted but diminished community of fewer than 2,000 people (once numbering more than 100,000), are integrated and involved…Tunisia’s President Marzouki has said that Jews who left the country are welcome to return – powerful words that carry trailblazing possibilities.

Interestingly, a professional Arabic translator has informed us that the following can also be heard in the above clip:

“Killing the Jews is a must!” (0:16)

Crowd:”Duty” [wajib] (It is a duty)

“Chasing away the Jews is a must!” (0:20)

Crowd:”Duty”

Yes, the “new”, trailblazing, down-right philosemitic brand of Tunisian Islamism, which inspires its Muslims to “moderately” call for the murder of the country’s Jews.

Moderate Muslim:
jihader.gif

Extremist Muslim:
jihader.gif

Freedom+Go+to+hell.JPG

Yup... my ex girlfriend, my former boss, and my neighbor are all just sleeper cells.

You dumbass. You're going to have to learn to distinguish extremists from moderates if you ever hope to accomplish your mission of raising awareness (aka hatemongering the living **** out of forums).

Last edited:
Yup... my ex girlfriend, my former boss, and my neighbor are all just sleeper cells.

You dumbass. You're going to have to learn to distinguish extremists from moderates if you ever hope to accomplish your mission of raising awareness (aka hatemongering the living **** out of forums).

Dumbass?

He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Taqiyya-For-Dummies-18725996835.jpeg

Haniyeh Promises

Speaking at a rally in the Tunisian capital of Tunis, Haniyeh urged Arab Spring revolutionaries to fight for an independent Palestine. AFP reported that he received an ovation from a crowd of some 5,000 men, women and children, who gathered in a stadium waving PLO, Tunisian and Hamas flags.

“Israel no longer has allies in Egypt and in Tunisia, we are saying to the Zionist enemies that times have changed and that the time of the Arab Spring, the time of the revolution, of dignity and of pride has arrived,” Haniyeh was quoted as having said.

He added, “We promise you that we will not cede a single part of Palestine, we will not cede Jerusalem, we will continue to fight and we will not lay down our arms.”

Haniyeh also urged “the people of the revolution to fight the army of Al-Quds. To Tunisia we say: ‘It is us today who are going to build the new Middle East.’”

He insisted that Hamas “will not recognize Israel”, as the crowd chanted, “Death to Israel”, “The Tunisian revolution supports Palestine”, and “The army of Mohammed is back,” said the report.

You're going to have to learn to distinguish extremists from moderates if you ever hope to accomplish your mission of raising awareness (aka hatemongering the living **** out of forums).

There, now you can read the post and respond to it.

LAGOS, Nigeria—Gunmen shot eight people dead in northern Nigeria and a mob killed six others in an Islamic school in the south, as a nationwide strike and growing religious tension rattled the oil-rich nation.
======================================================
The anger fueled ethnic violence in the north, where suspected members of the extremist Boko Haram Muslim sect killed eight people in a pub, AFP said.

Boko Haram's increasingly violent northern-based insurgency is straining relations between Nigeria's largely Christian south and its mostly Muslim north.

In the southwest, meanwhile, at least six people were killed in attacks on a mosque and Quranic school, in an apparent response to the Boko Haram's violent campaign, a Nigerian Red Cross spokesman said. An aid worker whose organization operates in the area said the attack, in Benin City, had forced 3,000 Muslims of northern origin to flee.

Killings Roil Nigeria as Strike Intensifies - WSJ.com

KABUL—Insurgents stormed a government compound in eastern Afghanistan, killing four civilians and three policemen in a failed attempt to assassinate the governor of Paktika province.

Dressed in Afghan army uniforms, three suicide bombers stormed the Patkika communications department building, which abuts the governor's compound in Sharana, the provincial capital, about 100 miles south of Kabul.

Although insurgent infiltration into the Afghan security forces has been a major concern over the last year, a U.S. military official said the insurgents likely bought the uniforms illegally and weren't enlisted servicemen.

The attack began at around 8:30 a.m. and lasted for about 10 hours as Afghan police tried to retake the compound, which insurgents booby-trapped while holding government workers hostage.

The Taliban took responsibility for the complex attack. The three insurgents were killed in the standoff.

Insurgents Hit Government Building; 10 Die - WSJ.com

As I have been arguing from the beginning, both (and, all) religions can be used for violent ends.

You're going to have to learn to distinguish extremists from moderates if you ever hope to accomplish your mission of raising awareness (aka hatemongering the living **** out of forums).

There, now you can read the post and respond to it.

Perhaps that is a question you should ask them instead of me.

Convert Out of Islam Whipped in Public - Atlas Shrugs

Woman left bleeding in front of hundreds of spectators for becoming Christian. NAIROBI, Kenya, January 10 (CDN) — A Somali convert from Islam was paraded before a cheering crowd last month and publicly flogged as a punishment for embracing a “foreign religion,” sources said.

Sofia Osman, a 28-year-old Christian from Janale city in Somali’as Lower Shabelle region, had been taken into custody by Islamic extremist al Shabaab militants in November; the public whipping was meant to mark her release. She received 40 lashes on Dec. 22 while jeered by spectators.

“Osman was whipped 40 lashes at 3 p.m., but she didn’t tell what other humiliations she had suffered while in the hands of the militants,” an eyewitness, told Compass, adding that whipping left her bleeding. “I saw her faint. I thought she had died, but soon she regained consciousness and her family took her away.”

The whipping was administered in front of hundreds of spectators after Osman was released from her month-long custody in al Shabaab camps. Nursing her injuries at her family’s home, in the days after the punishment she would not talk to anyone and looked dazed, a source close in touch with the family said. She has since been relocated.

Honor-Killings Rise Across Europe and the US, Christian News

New information reveals that more women across the United States and Europe are being murdered for the sake of preserving religious family honor.

The Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organization revealed last month that 2,823 incidents of “honor” based violence were reported to police across the U.K. last year. The numbers reflect only 39 of the 52 police stations that responded from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Nine police stations also offered data from the previous year, which revealed a 57 percent increase in honor-based violence from 2009 to 2010.

As I have been arguing from the beginning, both (and, all) religions can be used for violent ends.

While technically what you say is true, the sheer magnitude of the violence of the one isn't comparable to the other.

FWIW, one doesn't need religion to find a way to use violence, for instance the 20th century has seen the most violence from anti-religious characters such as Adolph Hitler, Josef Stalin, Fidel Castro, Mao Tse Tung, Nelson Mandela, Pol Pot and others that dwarfs even the violence fostered by islam.

Perhaps that is a question you should ask them instead of me.

Reading are real tough.

There wasn't a question... if you're implying that they actually might be sleeper cells, then you really might be a bigger imbecile than I thought.

If I had a bigger heart, I'd consider pitying you. But hey, I wasn't raised to be Mother Theresa.

I do pity you. :loco:

In Europe, free speech ends where Islam begins | The Dickinson Press | Dickinson, North Dakota

More than 20 members of the pro-Sharia groups pushed their way in shouting “Allahu Akhbar!” They demanded the event be stopped, called the speakers apostates, spat on them, threw eggs at them and threatened to kill them.

Now here’s the least funny and most Orwellian part: Few Europeans — few journalists, politicians, members of the self-proclaimed Human Rights community, Muslim organizations claiming to be moderate — have expressed outrage over this boot-stomping suppression of free speech in a city, country and continent that claim to value freedom and tolerance.
---------------------

Necessary, yes; safe, no. In Europe, increasingly, free speech ends where Islam, Islamism and even Islamic terrorism begin. Two months ago, the Paris offices of the French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo were firebombed and its staff targeted with death threats after publication of an issue “edited” by the Prophet Mohammad.

In 2005, the Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten published a dozen cartoons satirizing terrorism in the name of Islam. That led to protests, riots, death threats, an assassination plot and the bombing of the Danish embassy in Pakistan.

All this continues a trend begun in 1989, when Iranian revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini ordered any Muslim willing and able to murder British author Salman Rushdie whose novel, “The Satanic Verses,” Khomeini deemed blasphemous. Rushdie has required bodyguards ever since.

In any of the more than 50 states that hold membership in the Saudi-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC — formerly the Organization of the Islamic Conference) that probably would not have saved him. Last year, Salmaan Taseer, the governor of Pakistan’s Punjab province, defended a Christian woman sentenced to death for having said something some Muslims found offensive. One of Taseer’s bodyguards shot him 27 times.

There is not a single OIC member state that seriously guarantees freedom of speech. Nevertheless, in association with the OIC, the U.S. State Department last month hosted, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton attended, a three-day, closed-door international conference in Washington on combating religious “intolerance, negative stereotyping and stigmatization.” The conference reinforced the OIC tenet that all religions are equal — though one is more equal than others. OIC members are concerned only about the “defamation” of Islam and, evidently, they do not view militant Muslims attacking reformist Muslims as defaming their faith.
-----------------------------

The audience was reassured that “the Obama administration is working diligently to prosecute American Islamophobes and is transforming the U.S. Justice Department into the conscience of the nation, though it could no doubt learn a thing or two from the assembled delegates ...”

From which delegates exactly? The Saudis whose school textbooks describe Jews as apes and Christians as swine? Or those of the European Union which, in response to the violence incited over the Danish cartoons, has mandated religious hate-speech codes that shield Islamic militants but, as the attack against EFD’s speakers illustrates, do little to protect the rights of liberal Muslims, much less of non-Muslims?

Will the day come when Europeans and Americans again stand up on their hind legs and defend their freedoms, values and traditions?

gs says: Will the day come when Europeans and Americans again stand up on their hind legs and defend their freedoms, values and traditions?

You mean like free speech and in the case of the US the First Amendment? Or does that apply only to people who agree with your ignorance?

VN Store

Back