Texas A&M/SEC megamerge thread extravaganza

It would be a real pleasure meeting some of you mouth breathers one of these days. Sadly, I have a zero tolerance policy on dipsticks and crayon chewers at my tailgate. Sucks for you I suppose.

And on that note, I've had about all I want from some of you.

We'll see ya out there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't you have a cow to inseminate?

He's really not to blame for the downfall of his conference.

With all due respect, if Beebe had backbone, he would have held the conference together...and Colorado and Nebraska would still be in the Big 12...and A&M wouldn't be flirting with the SEC.

He should have let Texas go independent...which in my opinion is what they want...but they just don't have the gonads to do it. It's much easier to blame someone else.

This is one of the few posts in the thread that we can almost all agree with.

I dunno. Seems to me that reality says that Texas has always been Beebe's boss. Was he ever going to make a move that would piss them off?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Seems like some UT fans are afraid of expansion, not because of the possibilities of lost rivalries, but merely because they think UT will have a harder time getting to the top with a stronger SEC

Not unusual in todays society where everyone expects the easy way out.

Strive to be winners not whiners

Seems like some UT fans are afraid of expansion, not because of the possibilities of lost rivalries, but merely because they think UT will have a harder time getting to the top with a stronger SEC

Gotta beat the best to be the best, etc.

I am excited.. Oh well. It was going to happen one way or another with the uneven big12 payouts. What team would stay with that?

What? We measure ourselves against Florida and Alabama every year. Adding a perennially underachieving cow college from out in the desert into the other division doesn't change a thing about Tennessee's competitive situation in the SEC. None of the programs that are on the table for expansion are even close to the ones that we already have to get good enough to beat.

What? We measure ourselves against Florida and Alabama every year. Adding a perennially underachieving cow college from out in the desert into the other division doesn't change a thing about Tennessee's competitive situation in the SEC. None of the programs that are on the table for expansion are even close to the ones that we already have to get good enough to beat.

Why are some UT fans ****ting their pants about Texas A&M coming into the league if they are such a non-factor?

Seems to me they are ranked higher than we are at this very moment and have played better football over the last 5 years

They are better than Miss. St, Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Piss

The rivalry angle is pure BS

No way in hell we will lose the 3rd Saturday in October
No way in hell they get rid of the Iron Bowl, or Egg Bowl, or any of the traditional rivalries.

Why wouldnt they?

They are almost guaranteed the Big 12 Championship game every year

Playing weaker opponents will eventually catch up to them

well there's not a "championship game" anymore

but yeah, they (TX&OU) are pretty much guaranteed to be the championship winner each year

Verci,

I think you are one of the most solid posters and my angst is not aimed at you personally

I am just getting really tired of the incessant *****ing and moaning that has permeated the UT fanbase.

Verci,

I think you are one of the most solid posters and my angst is not aimed at you personally

I am just getting really tired of the incessant *****ing and moaning that has permeated the UT fanbase.

It's like that everywhere, sadly.

The people who whine will always stand out.

+1. Im all for expansion. Texas A&M is a perfect fit for this conference.

VN Store

Back