Pat Summit has lost it some

All Pat has done and you are talking crap about her. Unreal, She has the number 1 class for next year so hearing all this crap i guess she needs to retire. One think we do not have to worry about at Tennessee is Lady Vols basketball.

I love Pat, and I would never criticize what she has done for this university or her intentions. However, she needs to reinvent herself a little on the offensive side. Our offense has been brutal in the previous NCAA tourneys. You can't blame tonight on cold shooting because we didn't miss many wide open looks. The spacing has been terrible for our offense in recent years.

The Lady Vols were in shock over the new mens coach and werent able to snap out of it.

Agree with alwaysorange81. Women's basketball has become a lot more competitive over the years. Getting to the Elite 8 is a good thing - frankly, I didn't expect this team to win. Pat IS UT.

Can't use this argument and the most wins of all time argument. . .they're mutually exclusive.

There are 2 teams left who can beat UCONN, but I don't think either one will, and UCONN will only have to play one of them, at most.

baylor will lose to them in the title game. close game probably, but not good enough to win

Why keep bjourkland out the whole game? She could have gotten hot at one point. A ton of coaching mistakes and got out coached tonight and other times throughout the season.

I love Pat but she made some dumb decisions tonight.

This is a joke!! This team havnt been this deep in the tournament, and their young too.
Child please.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pats problem is similar to that of Pearls. They simply play too many players. Yes Pat has 10 McDonalds all-americans but at some point you decide on 7-8 and let them play. You shouldnt be changing your starting lineup in a regional final when you are the number 1 seed. The better team should not be making the adjustments. When you play 10 plus players its difficult for individuals to get in a flow and stay hot. The mens tournament game Harris started 5 for 5 and sat out and shot poor the rest of the game. Decide on 7-8 and let them play.

So does anyone else. You don't really think Geno has been on top lately because of ungodly coaching ability, do you? It's because he's had the best player. UCONN will come back to earth once Moore is gone.
Bingo

this team just didnt play well, it happens.Notre Dame probably played the best game they could of played.Heck Im going to blame it on the refs.they hate Tn.
This is a young team and they will win NC before they leave Tn

this team just didnt play well, it happens.Notre Dame probably played the best game they could of played.Heck Im going to blame it on the refs.they hate Tn.
This is a young team and they will win NC before they leave Tn

Simmons will not forget tonight

How can anyone hang this loss on Pat? Poor shooting, bad fouls and turnovers from a young team...they will be back

Simmons is the next Maya Moore I believe. She is the game changer. Tonight is like what happens in a sports movie. they lose the close game to a good team, cue training montage (aka this summer), and Simmons comes back better than ever and they cruise to dominate the regular season once more.

This team is not young. It's filled with juniors. The Lady Vols were outplayed and out coached tonight. It is what it is. Congratulations to Notre Dame. They earned this win.

How can anyone hang this loss on Pat? Poor shooting, bad fouls and turnovers from a young team...they will be back

Easy. Her substitutions tonight made no sense and this is not a young team. They were young two years ago. Not now.

I love Pat, and I would never criticize what she has done for this university or her intentions. However, she needs to reinvent herself a little on the offensive side. Our offense has been brutal in the previous NCAA tourneys. You can't blame tonight on cold shooting because we didn't miss many wide open looks. The spacing has been terrible for our offense in recent years.

Agreed!

You kidding me? Look at her record this year...a little older but the same Pat. She can't coach, pass, shoot and play D herself...was an off night and the Lady Vols just got beat...

Why keep bjourkland out the whole game? She could have gotten hot at one point. A ton of coaching mistakes and got out coached tonight and other times throughout the season.

I love Pat but she made some dumb decisions tonight.

The truth of the matter is Simmons is the key.....but she got in foul trouble early.....and then when she came in the game her anger which was obvious on the sidelines and showed with her on floor as she was completely out of control...her 15 pts. a game was the difference tonight.

As for the rest of the team I believe they really spent themselves in the Ohio St. game and simply thought Notre Dame would be 0-21 against the Lady Vols.....not 1-20. No focus, sloppy, and 90% effort against a team that is giving 110% effort ain't gonna get it done.

VN Store

Back