Mechanic ? for Chevy truck need help

addictedTOorange

I just had a blow out on my 2000 Z71. I changed the tire but now the back brakes are locked up. It's like a security feature or something. This happened to a buddy of mine and he used the key or some crazy sequence to correct it. Any help would be appreciated?

I don't know hadn't tried that, it's sitting on the side of the highway. I may have to though, I didn't think about trying to reset it.Thanks

I appreciate it man. If I can't get it figured out, I'm gonna try that. There just both locked and won't go anywhere, if it's security it indeed works.

try unhooking the battery and wait a few minutes and hook it back up,that should reset it,look and see if the emergency brake cable is hooked on something too,other than that I have no idea

Yeah I tried the battery trick for about 30 min didn't work. I'm gonna check the cables in the morning, i'm tired of wallowing in the snow for one night. Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Buy a Ford.

All I have to do with my Ford is check the gas and fill it up with oil. And always carry heavy coveralls for when I have to walk home. :)

That's what i'm having to drive now it's nice but it drinks the gas. The mechanic can't figure out what happened to mine thinks ebrake.

when you find out what happened,let us know,one of these days I'll upgrade from my 86 truck,it might be useful in the future :)

Don't make to much fun. Went back today during the daylight and noticed the spare was pinching on the caliper, so when I was tightening the lug nuts it was just cranking on the caliper locking it up. It was the factory spare but someone must've changed it out before or swapped it. Note to self start with the easiest first. It was just late and dark and I was pissed off and couldn't see it grabbing the caliper. Never would've thought in a million years it was something so simple. Live and learn.

See? If you had a Ford, this would not have happened.

Why? From seemingly endless work on my Ford, it seems that nothing will interchange on a Ford - I don't even think the air out of one tire will fit into another tire. And I don't think the wheels off one side of a Ford will fit on the other side, so you never change tires on a Ford. Just pour the oil in them, check the gas and drive on - until it comes time to walk.

Of course, you can walk off and leave it sitting beside the road. Not worth a thief's time to mess with it.

See? If you had a Ford, this would not have happened.

Why? From seemingly endless work on my Ford, it seems that nothing will interchange on a Ford - I don't even think the air out of one tire will fit into another tire. And I don't think the wheels off one side of a Ford will fit on the other side, so you never change tires on a Ford. Just pour the oil in them, check the gas and drive on - until it comes time to walk.

Of course, you can walk off and leave it sitting beside the road. Not worth a thief's time to mess with it.

I love my Ford, i've loved all 3 of them...They are a pain in the ass, yet resilient..But they are generally reliable..

When all else fails, my favorite Ford Acronym...

F$%$$ Only Runs Downhill. But we're also First On Race Day.

I love my Ford, i've loved all 3 of them...They are a pain in the ass, yet resilient..But they are generally reliable..

When all else fails, my favorite Ford Acronym...

F$%$$ Only Runs Downhill. But we're also First On Race Day.

I own 4 ford pick-up trucks and 4 ford cars. Of the 8, only one truck runs.

But if I was buying, I'd probably buy another Ford. Simply because new Studebaker is not available.

Got a 74 F100 and 77Ranchero. Been a Ford man all my life.Don't like any vehicle after 79. You can have all those sensors and computers.

Got a 74 F100 and 77Ranchero. Been a Ford man all my life.Don't like any vehicle after 79. You can have all those sensors and computers.
My 81 CJ-7 has none of these "computers and sensors" you speak of. :)

Can someone recommend a pair of jack stands? I had some from harbor freight until they were recalled šŸ˜¬

VN Store

Back