2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Games slow down when n crunch time, so who gets the ball when we absolutely need a bucket?
Ok. Separate question then going through a 5 minute drought haha…. I don’t know that we’ll have a “go-to” per so that everyone will know who we want to get the ball to like with Rickea… whoever has the open shot? Could be Jewel, Sara, etc.

If you are talking about after FTs or TOs, I don't think we will be able to do hero ball like we did with RJ. She will probably call a play with multiple scoring options and trust the team to execute.
The problem was we didn’t play hero ball, too many times in crucial situations Rickea wouldn’t even touch the ball, I would say on here during the games, that the reason wells some of those games.

Ok. Separate question then going through a 5 minute drought haha…. I don’t know that we’ll have a “go-to” per so that everyone will know who we want to get the ball to like with Rickea… whoever has the open shot? Could be Jewel, Sara, etc.
Jewel is a player I would trust to take those shots.

You can’t do a salary cap without a union and collective bargaining agreement so it ain’t happening Without the whole thing being blown open.

The sports left will have to be revenue positive so then you only have 50 schools left playing football. 30 MBB and 10 WBB.
There is no cap on what you can make from your name image and likeness. Union and collective bargaining only have to do with what some company pays someone. All pro athletes have contracts however they can still be paid for a commecial or spokes person. Some pro athletes will sign with a pro team in cites that they think they have more marketable offers. A college athlete has greater market @ UTK vs UT Martin. Unversity of Alabama Tuscaloosa vs Huntsville. NIL is money outside of any corporation / university etc.

There is no cap on what you can make from your name image and likeness. Union and collective bargaining only have to do with what some company pays someone. All pro athletes have contracts however they can still be paid for a commecial or spokes person. Some pro athletes will sign with a pro team in cites that they think they have more marketable offers. A college athlete has greater market @ UTK vs UT Martin. Unversity of Alabama Tuscaloosa vs Huntsville. NIL is money outside of any corporation / university etc.
Exactly. I don’t know why people who keep bringing up Caps can’t get that through their thick non reasoning skulls.

i just hope we aren’t done in the portal. we NEED more.
Yes we do. I hope the silence means we are NOT thru. We have been told the NIL money is there so it would seem we have more to add then the two we have added unless Spears is getting more and we are having to pay more to retain what we have.

I believe the solution will be revenue sharing which the BIG 10 and SEC are working on right now.
Agree - next big change will be as ESPN kills cable networks. Each power conference will partner up with a streamer, and we'll land closer to the future of the college landscape. The bigger question will be is it just football or do other sports follow? If just football, what does that landscape look like? Will be interesting to see.

Reactions: alexvol
Yes we do. I hope the silence means we are NOT thru. We have been told the NIL money is there so it would seem we have more to add then the two we have added unless Spears is getting more and we are having to pay more to retain what we have.
We’ve missed out on the big targets that should could have paid big Nil money to, don’t just spend for the sake of spending. Use that money to get the top recruits in the 2025 class.

VN Store

Back