Tennessee Softball 2024

Would anyone else have put White on instead of giving her the opportunity to get another hit against us? She was pretty much the only Bammer who was consistently putting the bat on the ball this weekend, so when she came up I was thinking, "Put her on!"
Nice call. Did not cross my mind, but should have.

Our pitching has given up 3 runs in 7 games. That's pretty dominant. Our offense has got to get better going in to post season. Alabama pitcher was average at best today. Hitters are not locked in and guessing on location. They need to get up on the plate and take away the outside pitch. Kiki only one to make the adjustment today. Not many balls are being hit to the right side of the field. We are still pulling outside pitching or striking out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tough loss. Alabama played well and deserved to win. We won the series which is the real prize.

We now lead Texas A&M by 1 game (in the loss column) and Florida by 2 games ( in the loss column) with three games to play.
Win 2 of 3 at home and hope UF does the same. Either way just win 2 and we share the title at the least. Sweep and it's ours all alone.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Pinch hitting for Nugent was just plain dumb. She is about the top clutch hitter on the team.
BS, her average isn't any thing to talk about. None of them outside of KIKi had a clue hiw to attack that pitcher. She pitched out of her mind today. I guess being a Tennessee native gave her extra motivation.

Maybe even put a couple in the lineup. I know, anathema.
You had me scrambling for dictionary.

anathema​

/əˈnæθəmə/​

IPA guide
Other forms: anathemas
Something that one absolutely and positively cannot stand is anathema. Garlic is anathema to vampires (ditto for stakes and daylight). So is kryptonite to Superman or a silver bullet to a werewolf.
Originally the term anathema comes from the Catholic practice of denouncing a particular individual or idea that was antithetical to the Catholic Church. If done to a person, it excommunicated them, meaning they could no longer partake in the church's sacraments (with presumably pretty poor consequences for the soul.) That's a lot worse than kryptonite.
Definitions of anathema
  1. noun
    a formal ecclesiastical curse accompanied by excommunication
    see more
  2. noun
    a detested person or thing
    “he is an anathema to me”
    synonyms:bete noire
    see more
  3. noun
    something that inspires dislike; something horrible
    synonyms:horror

Our pitching has given up 3 runs in 7 games. That's pretty dominant. Our offense has got to get better going in to post season. Alabama pitcher was average at best today. Hitters are not locked in and guessing on location. They need to get up on the plate and take away the outside pitch. Kiki only one to make the adjustment today. Not many balls are being hit to the right side of the field. We are still pulling outside pitching or striking out.
Hitters are taking too many strikes and get themselves in a 0-2/1-2 courts which is a pitchers delight.

That’s where in game adjustments need to be made. You want to make the pitcher prove they can throw strikes but if they are then have to get more aggressive
In all three games with Alabama, they showed they could throw strikes and our offense did not respond. We have betters hitters than Alabama as shown by them scoring in only one game.

VN Store

Back