2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's that any different from past 3 years from high school ranks, individuals looking for excuses to bury the new coach less than a week into her tenure.
The point is it's supposed to be different from the past 3 years. That's why the old staff is gone. I wouldn't hold the new staff to any lofty standard any time soon, but the AD did exactly that in the presser.

Ok so she gets a pass, how about if we don’t get any elite recruits in the 2025 class?
I don't think anyone gets a pass much to important to get a top class in 2025 and also the portal. DW had to know this when he made this hire. Like she said about her system working her recruiting has to work also now not later. Up to DW to supply the help she needs to get it done.

Ok so she gets a pass, how about if we don’t get any elite recruits in the 2025 class?
With the portal you can turn a roster over in a year. Idk why there wouldn’t be expectations of successful recruiting this year.

Edited to add: while not explicitly stated, she implied she is already recruiting and up to the task at hand. Danny White also stated we would be competing this year. So, we should hold her to the standards they set.

With the portal you can turn a roster over in a year. Idk why there wouldn’t be expectations of successful recruiting this year.
Because they have no experience and no connections on this level and the competition for significant recruits is brutal. But that's just me, her boss agrees it's now.

How's that any different from past 3 years from high school ranks, individuals looking for excuses to bury the new coach less than a week into her tenure.
I’m not talking about the past, I’m asking who will be to blame? And I’m not saying it’s the coaches fault, I just want your opinion.

I don't think anyone gets a pass much to important to get a top class in 2025 and also the portal. DW had to know this when he made this hire. Like she said about her system working her recruiting has to work also now not later. Up to DW to supply the help she needs to get it done.
I think you go over to the men’s basketball forum some too. There seems to be rumors that some of the men’s team players are getting lured away by promises of big NIL money at other programs. If you believe the rumors, we were caught a little off guard by the interest and amount of the offers. I wonder how much increased spending by the men’s team will affect the women’s budget since they are all under Spyre now. There’s only so many pieces of the pie.

I'm still of the opinion she has to fill all five roster spots available with portal players and more if anyone leaves. We don't need that much help next year, but the following year it is three players on our roster so your tryng to add at least four two year players to this years roster and that gives you seven. You also have to take in account that of the three or ones you add this year some could leave next year. So she has to fill up that roster with all five spots available hope for three or four high schoolers and then work the portal again in 2025 for anyone she needs.

I think you go over to the men’s basketball forum some too. There seems to be rumors that some of the men’s team players are getting lured away by promises of big NIL money at other programs. If you believe the rumors, we were caught a little off guard by the interest and amount of the offers. I wonder how much increased spending by the men’s team will affect the women’s budget since they are all under Spyre now. There’s only so many pieces of the pie.
Vanderbilt is paying UNC men’s bball castoff $400K, which works out to $43,000 per point per game 😭 It’s an arms race now.

And Vol Club/Spyre has blown off my email asking how funds are distributed among the sports, and whether donations can be earmarked to specific programs. It's definitely a concern.

However, NIL can't be used as any kind of excuse for lack of recruiting per many on this board the last few years. Lame excuse for coach's failure to close.

It really is. I’ve seen where a player from Wisconsin in the transfer portal was asking for a million.
The rumor is that HVL got $500K to go to LSU, but she was already making $800K between local and national deals at Louisville. Players don’t just care about winning anymore. If smart and invested correctly, that could be generational wealth.

I’m not talking about the past, I’m asking who will be to blame? And I’m not saying it’s the coaches fault, I just want your opinion.
If we don't get any players I'll be blaming DW the most. He made this deal he has to make sure she gets the help now. She doesn't have the background to get any or many of the high school players may do ok with portal players looking for NIL. Money is the help in year one and two. If we don't have it we will know why we didn't succeed. After year two she would take some blame in year three, but don't see her here to take it if we don't have success in these first two. Tennessee fans can be abusive. A bunch of them acted like fools cause she said she wouldn't be singing Rocky Top out loud meaning she is a bad singer Not that she doesn't like the song.

Going to all come down to getting three top players and then the best you can get of everyone else. It is going to happen that way at every school. No school is going to be able to afford much more than Tennessee. There will be a few that can for sure not as many as those who can't. Looks like Barnes is going to try to find the best in the mid majors it worked last year could certainly work again a lot of excellent players there. Coach Caldwell should try to work for some of those players also. I see two or three that I think would be just as effective as the big names in the portal for our team.

Vanderbilt is paying UNC men’s bball castoff $400K, which works out to $43,000 per point per game 😭 It’s an arms race now.

It really is. I’ve seen where a player from Wisconsin in the transfer portal was asking for a million.

The rumor is that HVL got $500K to go to LSU, but she was already making $800K between local and national deals at Louisville. Players don’t just care about winning anymore. If smart and invested correctly, that could be generational wealth.
Just when I'm getting outraged about the players' NIL $ game, I read that Coach Cal is getting 7 million a year to coach Arkansas. Plus many incentives. Cal who failed miserably at KY the last few years.

Truthfully, it's all morally outrageous for this amount of $ to be prioitized to sports in a world where children are starving.

I think it hard to say because we don’t know all pieces to the pie. Is it true NIL was lackluster until now??? If there is as much NIL money available now as LSU and S. Carolina has, then I would place the burden on CKC to start making progress in recruiting. Maybe a couple in the top 35 in 2025 and a couple in the top 25 in 2026.
If the NIL money is not up to LSU or S. Carolina level, then I put the blame on DW and maybe staff for not doing more to get donations and to the fans/boosters who are critical of the team’s performance but are not supporting NIL.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back