2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I thought he'd be a good fit for us at one point but this guy simply cannot keep a player. I wonder what the record is for most non coaching change transfers. Rueck has to be getting close.

It’s because they could not get in a major conference. Oregon State is now in the WCC. These kids want to be at a P5 school. He said himself he did not know if he would be able to keep his roster together because of moving down in conference alignment.

Last edited:
Dang, I thought he'd be a good fit for us at one point but this guy simply cannot keep a player. I wonder what the record is for most non coaching change transfers. Rueck has to be getting close.
This is hardly his fault. He got screwed over by the conference realignment.

Quentin Hillsman may be able to answer your other question though…

ok legit basketball question. if CKC's style is fast and aggressive, does that mean she won't be as tied to the slow, big post players like UT coaches have been in the past? or, does that not matter b/c our center position will just be under the basket on defense during the press?

e9a4187b-f6bb-464c-a93d-44d735ea206a-jpeg.99420

Take that for what you will.

Figured I'd throw in my $0.02 about UConn speculation:

Azzi - Her long term BFF Paige is coming back another year and Azzi should be completely healthy again. She's had a lot of time to recover.
Ashylnn - She's already 100% earned herself quality minutes going forward.
KK, Ice, & Q - I can't see them leaving as it stands since the starting rotation is really up for grabs right now with Nika & AE leaving and a lot of question marks about health (or even just ability) next season.

If everyone is healthy and the team is clicking, it won't just be starters playing 40 minutes for every game. Plenty of time for everyone to go around, especially in conference play. It's been done before.

She was definitely hinting at recruits are now responding back to her text!
I honestly don’t think she was talking about recruits. She mentioned connections as well and I think that’s what she was referring, especially when she pretty much stated they had hit the portal yet.

I honestly don’t think she was talking about recruits. She mentioned connections as well and I think that’s what she was referring, especially when she pretty much stated they had hit the portal yet.

The context of the question meant she was talking about recruits.

Q: “how is recruiting at Tennessee different from recruiting at Marshall?”

A: “well, so far everyone I’ve texted has texted me back!”

So yes, she was talking about recruits.

I could’ve missed it thanks for the insight 👍🏾

Reactions: VolBall09

Makes sense, Recruits not excited to get a call from Marshall but are about Tennessee.

CKC has a very deadpan sense of humor or what the Brits would call "dry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back