Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

It literally means some random dude dropped her name on twitter via "the spidermen pointing at each other" meme and then a gazillion other people shared or commented on it, which got her name trending on Xitter.

Seriously, go put Beyonce in that same meme and tomorrow, someone will be back here saying that they have "heard" Beyonce is a done deal because it is all the buzz in the "WBB world."
I bet Beyonce could recruit.

Nah, I think he just said, Josh you wanna ride to Knoxville?
If you did any background research you'd know that isn't true. Heupel wasn't on his initial interview list. When he failed to get the top name and he started interviewing assistants he realized those candidates were all worse than Heupel. He made the pitch to Plowman about giving Heupel an interview and he even called the UCF AD and Chancellor to tell them in advamce out of respect. He also had Plowman interview him and she was blown away.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If you did any background research you'd know that isn't true. Heupel wasn't on his initial interview list. When he failed to get the top name and he started interviewing assistants he realized those candidates were all worse than Heupel. He made the pitch to Plowman about giving Heupel an interview and he even called the UCF AD and Chancellor to tell them in advamce out of respect. He also had Plowman interview him and she was blown away.

It was a joke.

For starters, I don’t care about Kentucky, I don’t watch them unless we’re playing them. If they want to fire and hire in a week, or six months, just don’t care, but while we were in the Tournament, Kentucky wasn’t, and while we now have no Coach, Kentucky is playing the portal. That I care about.

Well now that is one perception that I do not subscribe to .Danny White is a professional at his job and should not be influenced at all about what fans think in hiring someone /anyone to right this program that has been run in the ditch and buried . He and his whole family know basketball better than any LV/Vol fan and will make the best choice that he can based on the criteria he has established not how fans feel .

The one thing I know ,the talent cupboard is bare with the departure of Key and Jackson.....Spear is the only real talent left and next year expectations should be formed with that in mind......that would have been the case also with Coach Harper in charge. The only real hope for a reasonably good season next year is to hire someone by Monday and 5 - 6 of the top players in the Portal are convinced to come to Tennessee and that includes posts,Forwards and guards ...they need a complete overhaul.
Not necessarily true about next year’s TN roster. Take Ky, their roster prospects look brighter for 2024 less than one week after hiring Brooks and they have 8 entering the portal.

This is where college BB and football are headed. No classes, celebrity coaches. Only two practices only a week because the players' complained that 5 practices a week cut into their Hookah parlor time.
Do the kids still hookah? I thought they were all into vaping now. I’m in a health-adjacent field, so my students are a biased sample.

Come gather 'round people, wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
Your old order is rapidly fadin'
And you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
For the times, they are a-changing

I would be willing to bet that Danny White reached out to Lawson, to obtain an interview.
I’d also be willing to bet that Lawson knows the expectations and how the last 2 “Pats girls” couldn’t cut it. It’s entirely possible that Lawson declined an interview, simply because she knows that she nor 99.9% of coaches can ever fill the shoes of the GOAT. Maybe she just wouldn’t feel comfortable coaching at and trying to reach the expectations that she herself holds this program to.
no, this job “ain’t what it used to be” but it’s a damn sleeping giant and if the right person walks in, slaps it across its Big Orange face and wakes it up, women’s college basketball better be very, very concerned!
GBO!!
Or Lawson wants to see her current project thru to fruition. Lawson and DW probably haven't interacted at all. Both sides are not interested.

Reactions: Lucy
It would be....something....if Kentucky hired Brooks and we ended up with a coach who cut her teeth for several years at Glenville State followed by--count 'em--a whole, entire one year at Marshall. That might dull the White shine just a bit....

That would be an unmitigated disaster. Hopefully she has people in her corner telling her to slow her roll. There's such a thing as too much too soon in any profession and that would be it.

I do actually care about Kentucky in this respect. I would like to know if we talked with Kenny Brooks at all before he was hired and wink nodded for him to slow his roll with big blue.

If we didn't, that indicates this decision was made the last two weeks and then I'm definitely concerned where this is going and if they have someone lined up. If we did talk to him then he either (1) wasn't interested in waiting/took the sure thing/Mitch Barnhart gave him a deadline or (2) he would rather be at UK than Tennessee. That's a brutal fact if its true.

That would be an unmitigated disaster. Hopefully she has people in her corner telling her to slow her roll. There's such a thing as too much too soon in any profession and that would be it.

I do actually care about Kentucky in this respect. I would like to know if we talked with Kenny Brooks at all before he was hired and wink nodded for him to slow his roll with big blue.

If we didn't, that indicates this decision was made the last two weeks and then I'm definitely concerned where this is going and if they have someone lined up. If we did talk to him then he either (1) wasn't interested in waiting/took the sure thing/Mitch Barnhart gave him a deadline or (2) he would rather be at UK than Tennessee. That's a brutal fact if its true.
Nah. Diving into obviously boiling water or into the nice cool pool with a lower set of expectation the first year. May have also eyeballed the current rosters.

VN Store

Back