Harper’s future

cabbie191

I realize that this board will be highly focused on who is hired to replace Harper. Whoever it is, I hope it works out better for all involved.

Nevertheless I am curious to know folks opinions on where Kellie might end up at. Mid-major, another P4 school?

I realize that this board will be highly focused on who is hired to replace Harper. Whoever it is, I hope it works out better for all involved.

Nevertheless I am curious to know folks opinions on where Kellie might end up at. Mid-major, another P4 school?
I don't think she ever gets another opportunity outside of a mid-major.

Enjoy the payout, take a year or two off and take a job at a good mid-major program. That’s truly her speed imo. She’s shown she can really be successful at that level but both of her forays in the P5 coaching world have been fruitless. Don’t see another program taking that bait.

If I'm guessing, and I've been wrong about everything, I think she's done coaching at least for awhile. Don't think she'd go down a level at this point.

Her kids are growing up, Jackson is involved in team sports now. They may decide to just chill and take time for their kids and their activities now.

Enjoy the payout, take a year or two off and take a job at a good mid-major program. That’s truly her speed imo. She’s shown she can really be successful at that level but both of her forays in the P5 coaching world have been fruitless. Don’t see another program taking that bait.
Ummm most P5s would love a single sweet sixteen. TN fans are so dumb about the world beyond Knoxville

If I'm guessing, and I've been wrong about everything, I think she's done coaching at least for awhile. Don't think she'd go down a level at this point.

Her kids are growing up, Jackson is involved in team sports now. They may decide to just chill and take time for their kids and their activities now.

She has 4 years at 500K just to be a stay-home mom if she wants. Her transition to broadcasting would be very easy.

She seems to love coaching though and, despite her many detractors on this board, she has had enough success to be attractive to a lot of schools, certainly at the mid-major level or for a long languishing power 5 school.

I think she might be a candidate for another P5 job they may even consider her at Va Tech. She could go back to Mo St if that job opens up for sure. In the present time she is still making 550 thousand for four more seasons so I think she will be ok.

If MTSU's coach gets promoted, she could take that job and several players from the current UT roster and do very well. She would also fit somewhere like Belmont.

I think she might be a candidate for another P5 job they may even consider her at Va Tech. She could go back to Mo St if that job opens up for sure. In the present time she is still making 550 thousand for four more seasons so I think she will be ok.

I expect her to take a couple seasons off. I think this season took a lot out of her emotionally. You could see it. To me it felt like she was coaching for her job every game after that Ohio State loss. White was in the building for that one and it was such a bad look.

She got progressively more stressed after that. She needs a little R&R before she jumps into another big job imo.

BUT that’s my opinion, not hers.

If MTSU's coach gets promoted, she could take that job and several players from the current UT roster and do very well. She would also fit somewhere like Belmont.

Very true

Did Belmont coach leave? Because I don’t see them making a change unless he is gone

No, that just the type of place I could see her landing and maybe taking the Darby's and a couple others with her.

Since all h**l has broken loose today anyway the player I thought might be hitting the portal is Striplin.

Lots of random social posts with hearts and kisses from her teammates the last couple days. Like maybe she was weighing a heavy decision.

Her minutes were consistently reduced this season and unfortunately she did look out of her depth most of the season in the SEC. Not sure what changed because she played a TON for us last season and I thought she held her own. Physicality was down this year though and she just seemed lost out there.

Mid-major or lower tier P5 for her next stop, probably, and she'll probably do decently enough there with the adjustment in expectations. 3.6 roentgen or thereabouts. If she can create some positive results there, maybe another move back up the future. Or if not, it could be a more downward trajectory.

She has 4 years at 500K just to be a stay-home mom if she wants. Her transition to broadcasting would be very easy.

She seems to love coaching though and, despite her many detractors on this board, she has had enough success to be attractive to a lot of schools, certainly at the mid-major level or for a long languishing power 5 school.
If contact allows she could get two salary one from Tennessee
And one from anthor University if hired before her Tennessee contact runs out.

Chattanooga is looking for a new coach after Coach Poppie left for Clemson. Kellie is a former UTC assistant coach, but I'm sure she'd take a job at a larger school IF offered. I'm not sure how I would feel about Kellie at UTC considering I was in favor of today's move by AD White. She certainly has name recognition for UTC, but probably not the same recruiting ability or coaching ability as our previous coach (Poppie) or 2 of our previous 3 coaches before him (Jim Foster and Wes Moore.)

Reactions: Mocvol83 and Raebo
I expect her to take a couple seasons off. I think this season took a lot out of her emotionally. You could see it. To me it felt like she was coaching for her job every game after that Ohio State loss. White was in the building for that one and it was such a bad look.

She got progressively more stressed after that. She needs a little R&R before she jumps into another big job imo.

BUT that’s my opinion, not hers.
Agree few years to spin time with her kids

VN Store

Back