Recruiting Football Talk VII

They are trying to balance the integrity of the game with reducing injuries and liability. This change seems to be about creating more excitement, but they got to the current state to reduce injuries. Fans are going to have to realize that the old game isn’t coming back, and part of it is to keep the game viable altogether.
It is 🦬💩

The NCAA is lying. And Baker is intentionally deceiving the public. This is yet another attempt to swindle the naive and misinformed into believing that the NCAA is in any way necessary and to cover the tracks of the politician Charlie Baker.

The states are banning prop bets. Just like the states are the ones who have been required to protect college athletics from the thoroughly corrupt NCAA. The fact is that by means of its enforcement double-standards, the NCAA is itself the number one stronghold of corruption and outcome manipulation in college athletics.

Charlie Baker signed the bill legalizing prop bets in Massachusetts. Links: Baker signed the law. Baker's law included prop bets on college athletics. The latter was changed only after the Baker was out of office and lacked the power to protect the prop bets he legalized.

Charlie Baker -- as he was planning to legalize sports betting -- accepted campaign donations from gambling interests, including a donation from DraftKings toward Baker's inauguration.

Charlie Baker is the leading proponent of the NCAA getting directly involved in sports betting to "enhance its revenue steams."

Baker has been the leading advocate of the NCAA weakening the penalties on college athletes who bet on sports. He calls stiff penalties "Draconian."

Every time this rogue politician or Saban open their corrupt mouths, they lie.
NAIL. HIT. ON. HEAD. It is up to the organizations (NCAA), not the government, to protect their game from gambling by ex-communicating anyone involved or associating themselves with gambling or gamblers. None of the Black Sox went to jail. Pete Rose didn't go to jail. They were thrown out of the game.
Ohtani will get off because he's too big and valuable to baseball. Pete Rose was an embarrassment but his time was over, nobody was going to ball games to watch him manage.
The people running the book don't like to gamble, but that has always been the case. The real problem with gambling is the recent fact that the people who can provide the book with its comfort level of surety (NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA) are in the bed naked with them.
By going to the states and feds they are provided cover and can claim they are trying to do something.

That’s not why they are doing it. They are doing it for player safety. I get the frustration because it’s not the game we grew up with. The NFL concussion settlement was $765 million, and I’m guessing they keep paying more. They are trying to keep players safe, keep the game viable and not get dinged with ongoing lawsuits. It is what it is.
It is ******* 🦬💩

It will not be called correctly. You can take that to the bank. Other rule that lets ref manipulate games. Can’t grab collar, can’t land land on tackler. It’s like they don’t want defense to be able to tackle. Offense gets all the rules on their favor in the nfl. Let’s hope college stops following nfl lunacy. The body weight rule on qb’s is BS as well. They refs are all over the place calling that one and this will be the same BS. Hope defenses keep getting tougher just to piss the nfl off.
they love subjective rules because it enables the officials (and the league) to influence games in real time

Ice Cube be like...
Money Out The Window Money GIF - Money Out The Window Money Cash - Discover  & Share GIFs

For some reason watching made me think of Tyler Baron...what a f'n idiot. He could have went out a VFL...instead he is going to playing in a crap stadium for a crap program that has a crap fanbase that will never really give a crap about him.

It ain't where you start your career...it's where you finish...and he walked away from all that a VFL legacy brings for the rest of your life...just for a lil more money now.

Money is important...but in 20 years he will never remember what he did with that money...I guarantee you he would ALWAYS remember going out a VFL.

Louisville won't ever give a crap about him or love him like we do Bru McCoy for example.

It is actually sad.
Unfortunately, some guys don't feel any attachment to their school...it's just the next step for where they want to go. There are several former players who graduated, moved on to whatever was next, and have never been back around the program. I think Baron was probably one of those types. He must have felt like he wasn't going to do well in the draft since he went chasing money.

I actually like the NFL's new kickoff rules. I would have been okay with them just removing the kickoff altogether, but I think the new format should make that play matter every time.

The hip drop ban, I don't like. I think you'll see scoring spike this year. I'd like to see them get rid of Illegal Contact. God forbid they do anything to help out defenses.

Reactions: MockingVol
🦬💩...I wish these scum would just be honest..they know athletes are doing corrupt crap and instead of speaking the truth they wrap it in that same old 🦬💩 lie they always use for everything.."to protect our student-athletes"

Somebody should do something to protect the integrity of the game...just don't lie about it.
1711565579688.png

Unfortunately, some guys don't feel any attachment to their school...it's just the next step for where they want to go. There are several former players who graduated, moved on to whatever was next, and have never been back around the program. I think Baron was probably one of those types. He must have felt like he wasn't going to do well in the draft since he went chasing money.
That one hurts. Not because I think we missed out or anything. I don't think he's all that good, and I doubt he was worth whatever money he was asking. But as a Knoxville native, I'm positive he will look back one day and wish he didn't throw that VFL card away for one year of football and some 5 figure paltry amount of money.

He was definitely one of the guys who 180'd the Pruitt culture overnight. He would have been held in high esteem by Vol fans if he stuck around.

After a week off so far for recovery from hip surgery, it dawned on my that my mod talents aren’t being appreciated. I give so much only for the heathenry in this forum to mock and ridicule me at every step. They don’t respect my authority, buncha ingrates!
Wish you a speedy and full recovery.

VN Store

Back