Recruiting Football Talk VII

Not trying to give you away or anything but where do you stay down there? Airbnb, Vrbo or a resort? Been several times to the Bahamas but it’s always on boat during a fishing trip, get gas and turn and burn type deal.

Wife’s wanting to go and actually stay lol
We did a VRBO. This is a very nice place but it's only negative is it doesn't have much of a beach. Plenty of beaches close by.

Here's the interesting part. My son, son-in-law and I ran my 24' center console over from Ft Lauderdale. Never again. We did it in 2 days to beat weather. We were demolished when we got here. I'm dreading the trip home. Problem down here is if you want to stop, there's no holiday Inn express to stay at. We used a make shift tent and slept on the boat the first night at Highborne Cay. Made it to Georgetown a day early with no place to stay. Fortunately we got in the house a day early.

We had to enter the ocean around a point here on Great Exuma. Huge 8 to 10 footers about every 2 seconds. Scary. I need a bigger boat. 😅

Last edited:
I fully expect Kellie Harper to be let go after the season, once a replacement has been identified. This team is not well coached to the standards of this program. The sweet sixteen should be the minimum expectation for this program (fair to Kellie or not) and it instead looks like a ceiling. They consistently look like the worse team, even when they’re leading. They’re out of control, they make poor decisions fouling and taking bad shots, and at times they just look less capable. I do think they try hard, but that’s not enough. They don’t look like a team capable of and expecting to win the way a more talented team should. They should be dominating in a landscape that has far less parity than other sports. Instead their best performances are playing “competitive games” against those teams enjoying the success they should be having. Similar winning percentage as with Holly. Last elite 8 was under Holly. Last SEC regular or tournament championship was with Holly. Holly got 7 seasons with better results. They are underperforming, and I don’t get why. Maybe the answer is to chart a new path instead of holding on to the connections to Pat and hoping they can replicate her success. Not sure what the answer is, but Kellie ain’t it. Sucks because love her as a player and wish she was the answer as coach, but at this point I just don’t see it. Just like the end of Holly era, looks like we’re getting worse when we should be ascending.
I agree it's time to move on, but we won't, so I wouldn't "fully expect it" if I were you.

I wonder how many will demand a change in the Coach for the LV only to name every person that ever played for Pat to replace her......it's inevitable.
We should be able to have our pick of anyone in the business not named Geno Auriemma. There is not a women’s basketball program with the historical performance of Tennessee or UConn. That said, Stanford along with Texas and notre dame are next echelon lower not too far behind, and South Carolina, LSU, now Iowa (bc of CC) and previously Baylor, have all made recent strides over the past decade to threaten that pedestal we’ve stood on.

We’re at about a decade of playing below the historical standard Pat set forth. It’s time to get back to dominating. We have all the resources to make it possible.

We should be able to have our pick of anyone in the business not named Geno Auriemma. There is not a women’s basketball program with the historical performance of Tennessee or UConn. That said, Stanford along with Texas and notre dame are next echelon lower not too far behind, and South Carolina, LSU, now Iowa (bc of CC) and previously Baylor, have all made recent strides over the past decade to threaten that pedestal we’ve stood on.

We’re at about a decade of playing below the historical standard Pat set forth. It’s time to get back to dominating. We have all the resources to make it possible.

Geno is so 2010s. Dawn Staley is the prize. But she’s staying put.

Reactions: vol_in_ga

VN Store

Back