Game thread: NCAA Second Round: No. 6 Seed Lady Vols vs. No. 3 Seed NC State

I think if Puckett works on her ball handling and drive she has a chance to be a good offensive player. Needs to work on her D too though.

Sometimes it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. We've had PGs before that were not big that could finish like Tony Parker did in San Antonio.
Tony Parker was 6'2" which is not small for a PG in the NBA but closer to average. If he was 5'10" it would be more comparable.

Think Caitlin Clark 6'0", Paige Bueckers 5'11", JuJu Watkins 6'2", Aneesah Morrow 6'1", etc. They are able to drive, shoot over defenders and defend. We have not had many like that recently. Only one that comes to mind is Jordan Horston who was not a true PG and had too many turnovers.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We need a new coach and a couple of new players. Our offense isn’t great, and our defense is piss poor. I’m tired of seeing a stagnant offense and players getting blown by on defense.

KJH seems like a really nice person and a LVFL, but she is reaching her ceiling. We have way too many bench players getting too many minutes due to lack of recruiting.

Sad. This was my first season really investing in the Lady Vols basketball program after we got hooked last season. I’ve only been in Knoxville for a year and a half and am more of a soccer person tbh. I remain so proud of this team despite the fact that I think they should have won today and could have gone further. Most of them won’t play pro ball, and the grit and resilience they showed today and in the latter half of the season will serve them in every aspect of life. I also interact with more 18-24 year olds through work than a lot of folks do, and I know they’re still mostly kids so I’m probably gonna bounce from here for a bit cause many appetite for blaming them doesn’t exist. Hope Kellie can snag some great talent in the portal and look forward to tormenting the much older and more subdued season ticket holders around me next season when I am jumping up and down screaming for our Lady Vols.

I think if Puckett works on her ball handling and drive she has a chance to be a good offensive player. Needs to work on her D too though.
We need three starters next season. I am ok with Jewell and Tamari starting and maybe Cooper have to see her play. We need some bigtime scorers and a really great point guard.

In your 5th yr and the product your putting out reeks. Players not getting any better, offense still not existent, and defensively we suck. Do we a sacrifice of one the assistants? Or Kellie is too bullheaded to change things.

Assistant coaching changes when you're forced to make them normally doesn't pan out and only serve as a band-aid. It's when you have success and preemptively make changes to the betterment of the program is when you like to see it.

Good comeback, but ultimately just too many mistakes.

If e don't spot them two points in the opening seconds, it would have been really interesting at the end. Wouldn't have been forced to foul. That initial play epitomized the first half with them outhustling us all over the court.

Sad to see Rickea go out with a loss, but she played her rear off. Left her mark on LV history and almost led us to an upset today.
In literature, that would have been considered foreshadowing.

And that is what I told my wife when it happened.

You don’t know “get your money up”

It was trending here for our lack of NIL
Ok for sure it is NOT lack of NIL..... (as compared to NCSU not NCST)

BTW, NCSU has two arenas one for women and one for men.. 5.5K for Women, 20K for men... Some games for women are played at PMC 20K arena.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sad. This was my first season really investing in the Lady Vols basketball program after we got hooked last season. I’ve only been in Knoxville for a year and a half and am more of a soccer person tbh. I remain so proud of this team despite the fact that I think they should have won today and could have gone further. Most of them won’t play pro ball, and the grit and resilience they showed today and in the latter half of the season will serve them in every aspect of life. I also interact with more 18-24 year olds through work than a lot of folks do, and I know they’re still mostly kids so I’m probably gonna bounce from here for a bit cause many appetite for blaming them doesn’t exist. Hope Kellie can snag some great talent in the portal and look forward to tormenting the much older and more subdued season ticket holders around me next season when I am jumping up and down screaming for our Lady Vols.

That's the right call then. This place is going to be a toilet bowl until May (and longer, but after a while the stench sort of mellows for the summer).

Kellie should kiss her shoes before she leaves Knoxville. If Rickea doesn’t come back for a 5th Kellie is gone.

I’m still hoping White shocks the basketball world and makes the hard call. It’s time. This isn’t going anywhere. It may not get much worse but it dang sure ain’t getting any better.
This was Rickea's fifth year.

YES. And NC St fired Kellie for putting up the same numbers she's giving us.

Interesting post game note... NC State fans were saying Kellie should have known better than to come in their arena and spite them by wearing light blue uni's instead of orange. It was said the team didn't like it either and it put fire in them early in the game. I didn't have a problem with it as it's Summitt Blue and showed some moxie, but, man, those Stater's hate UNC and anything light blue. Sort of like me and crimson...

We are going to the NC St v Vols football game in the fall... Nico, we need some payback for the Lady's... and maybe I'll wear light blue

VN Store

Back