Recruiting Football Talk VII

It’s an outlier this season. You can say what you want about Barnes’ history, but we’ve scored well this year.

I also don’t get the question over the style of offense when Aidoo missed layups and at least 6-8 of three pointers weren’t contested. Aidoo and DK missed wide open 10 footers late in the game. You have to watch the kind of missed shots, and this offense gets open looks.
We can disagree…. I think his offense tends to struggle as defensive intensity ramps…. Having DK covers a lot of it up…. we need to work harder to get him cleaner looks… He did miss some that he should have had though…. I don’t care if it is by one point… Jusy win these next two.

42-45 VOLS

Under 8 timeout

*We should have buried these guys in the 1st half. Texas has hung around and it's just a matter of time before we tighten up (even more) and blow this game.

1/21 from 3

Focus VOLS

Make some shots

Easy now possum, have a little faith. All we have to do is win by 1.

You know it’s a tough game when Possum goes negative..😬
To clarify:

I never doubted them for a second. I lost my cool and "mad posted".

VFL

We can disagree…. I think his offense tends to struggle as defensive intensity ramps…. Having DK covers a lot of it up…. we need to work harder to get him cleaner looks… He did miss some that he should have had though…. I don’t care if it is by one point… Jusy win these next two.
You see guys make tons of shots in this tournament with defenders close by. It’s big boy basketball, and you aren’t going to get a bunch of wide open shots. Gainey had good looks, SV was wide open, DK had several good looks, Aidoo missed a bunch of 10 footers and in.

But I agree, just win.

No doubt.

Joking about the Morans, I have no idea which is better or worse. We'll need our A-game regardless!!
One team has several shooters, pretty well coached. The other is athletic. As long as we play disciplined on defense I believe we can make life hard for Creighton. Dante for Oregon could possibly give Aidoo trouble but they won’t necessarily beat you from 3 like Creighton can.

I can’t match stat for stat if you are asking me to do that…. we did however just shoot 33% from the field and 24% from 3{8-33} while scoring 58 points against Miss State in the SEC Tourney… I don’t think our offense gets very many good looks in rhythm from the 3 point line in these tourneys when defensive intensity ramps up. We did miss the clean looks as well though.

It doesnt matter though…. Just win, baby!
I get what you're saying references style of play, but purely by the numbers it was an outlier shooting performance. Like my last post said, first team (1-66) to win shooting less than 15% from 3 and 35% FG.

I hear you but we struggle vs tier 2 and Oregon is definitely that. Texas sure was. We shine vs tier 1.
Oregon has some athletes that I don’t know that some of our guys can hang with. Vescovi might look like he’s in quicksand with them.

Think we match up better with Creighton.

Gonna be a battle either way

Reactions: BigSteve09

VN Store

Back