Recruiting Football Talk VII

JJJ once again with 2 or less points in a loss. He is a much bigger piece than anyone realizes and him not being active in the game is the common theme in all 8 losses
I agree with this. He consistently disappears on offense. I just got back home so I haven't watched. I guess now I'll just delete the recording. But, what is it about our veterans offensively slumping time and again? I almost look forward to new players that perhaps have a bit more of an edge.

With all that said, I could see this team go deep in the tournament. I mean, c'mon, NBA prospect and a bunch of veterans. But getting blown out like this? Raises huge questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
On the bright side.....DK made 2 free throws in a row
Austin Powers Dr Evil GIFs | Tenor

Complete and thorough butt kicking.

All those who said we will judge Barnes by this part of season and some on here criticized. For all the sunshine pumpers, this is why. This is when it matters, and he handle a proven record of this…
Not the SECT. He’s done very well in it. You guys always criticize something.

JJJ once again with 2 or less points in a loss. He is a much bigger piece than anyone realizes and him not being active in the game is the common theme in all 8 losses
Yea, when JJJ gets his 8-12 pts and 6-8 RBs we play a lot better. He's too inconsistent, I'll be glad to see him gone. There's much better players out there.

flame away,

but unless they all decided before the game to just throw it and go home and rest, there's really no excuse for this performance, especially coming off an embarrassing loss to KY at HOME. We've looked like straight arse the last two games, like the team the first of the season... really hope we aren't regressing at the wrong time like most Barnes teams. You can go back and forth about who's to blame, but there's absolutely no reason we should have lost like this. As a coach you are paid to COACH and motivate your players through good and adverse conditions, getting the best out of them each game... Barnes DID NOT today.

Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13
funny Barnes willing to risk points and play by letting JJJ continue to stink up the court just because he's a 5th year... Will be interesting to see what happens as a #2 seed in the tourney... We'll be luck to be the top 2 seed.

I’m worried. Today’s performance doesn’t get you to the second weekend.

If they can get to second weekend, it probably means they found a way out of this funk. But you’re right, it won’t be easy, either way.

It never is for us.
It's not about a funk. We played 2 teams that were desperate and had the athleticism to bully us.

Reactions: hooter vol

VN Store

Back