Recruiting Football Talk VII

Eventually, there will be two conferences.

You will have a 12-game regular season, followed by an 8-team conference playoff. Then, the two conference winners will play for a natty.

Very reminiscent of the NFL.
I agree, the smaller conferences will become the minor league of the Big 2. With the portal the stage has been set.

Reactions: knoxvol52
People love an underdog or a cinderella, makes a good storyline.
images

We have a group of 8 and possibly a couple more and we were thinking of going there for 5-7 days to golf and drink. We’ve been doing this every year and now we venture out more and stay longer bc we have more money which is probably a bad thing lol
How’s the area bars, are they open late
It’s a guys trip. While we’re all in our upper 30s we still like to drink like crazy after golf and with no wives around lol
What are a couple courses we definitely need to play bc we usually do a 1-2-1-2-1 play schedule for 5 days
It looks nice on the internet but just wanted someone’s perspective
My favorite Hilton Head course is Hilton Head National (which is in Bluffton). I think it is the only course that doesn't have houses lined up on both sides of the fairways. We saw bald eagles, deer, and of course gators while we were playing. Sometimes you can get a good price there also. Oyster Reef was kind of swampy and there were hundreds of mosquitos. I also played the course where the PGA tournament is held. It was ok but way overpriced.

Reactions: csprig9
My favorite Hilton Head course is Hilton Head National (which is in Bluffton). I think it is the only course that doesn't have houses lined up on both sides of the fairways. We saw bald eagles, deer, and of course gators while we were playing. Sometimes you can get a good price there also. Oyster Reef was kind of swampy and there were hundreds of mosquitos. I also played the course where the PGA tournament is held. It was ok but way overpriced.
Thanks for the tip
Avoid oyster reef -check lol

Plenty of CEO’s have been hired and then had to be let go bc they didn’t have what it takes. I’d love to have that golden parachute though.
Ya gotta have the credentials competent or not. The dude pushing buggies at Walmart can resent Exec. pay all day and fact is they weren't willing to do what it takes to become qualified.

Ya gotta have the credentials competent or not. The dude pushing buggies at Walmart can resent Exec. pay all day and fact is they weren't willing to do what it takes to become qualified.
Let's just be honest here. Yes, some buggy pushers can go to College, excel - get into Harvard MBA programs. But, if we are talking the upper echelon CEO gigs, by and large you will need an MBA from one of the top schools in the nation.

Not bc of the education, but bc of the connections. In my experience, its who you know. Perhaps that's why 'children of' business owners, CEO's etc seem to start the race one lap ahead. Just an observation.

There's 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps.' And then there's 'here's the keys.'

Tennessee’s 10 best wins (NET):
1. #6 Auburn (Home)
2. #8 Alabama (Away)
3. #8 Alabama (Home)
4. #16 Illinois (Home)
5. #18 Kentucky (Away)
6. #21 Wisconsin (Away)
7. #35 Florida (Home)
8. #46 TAMU (Home)
9. #47 SC (Away)
10. #69 NC State (Home)
Avg 27.4

North Carolina
1. #5 Tennessee (Home)
2. #10 Duke (Away)
3. #10 Duke (Home)
4. #36 Clemson (Away)
5. #40 Pittsburgh (Away)
6. #45 Wake Forest (Home)
7. #46 Oklahoma (Home)
8. #50 Virginia Tech (Home)
9. #60 Virginia (Away)
10. #69 NC State (Away)
Avg 37.1

As of today, our resume is significantly better than North Carolina’s. This shouldn’t be the horse race the pundits are making it out to be.

Last edited:
Tennessee’s Losses (NET)
1. #3 Purdue (Neutral)
2. #7 North Carolina (Away)
3. #18 Kentucky (Home)
4. #19 Kansas (Neutral)
5. #41 Mississippi St (Away)
6. #46 TAMU (Away)
7. #48 South Carolina (Home)
Avg 26

North Carolina’s Losses:
1. #2 Connecticut (Neutral)
2. #18 Kentucky (Neutral)
3. #36 Clemson (Home)
4. #39 Villanova (Neutral)
5. #87 Syracuse (Away)
6. #127 Georgia Tech (Away)
Avg 51.5

Last edited:
Let's just be honest here. Yes, some buggy pushers can go to College, excel - get into Harvard MBA programs. But, if we are talking the upper echelon CEO gigs, by and large you will need an MBA from one of the top schools in the nation.

Not bc of the education, but bc of the connections. In my experience, its who you know. Perhaps that's why 'children of' business owners, CEO's etc seem to start the race one lap ahead. Just an observation.

There's 'pull yourself up by the bootstraps.' And then there's 'here's the keys.'
Acting like people at the bottom are just too lazy to make it to the top is...a take that exists lol

Acting like people at the bottom are just too lazy to make it to the top is...a take that exists lol
Oh it definitely exists. I'm not arguing it doesn't. However, that 'pull yourselves up....' mindset seems to be pervasive for a lot of certain politically affiliated folks.

Sometimes it just is what it is. Asking me to pull myself up and play like DK. 😂😆 There are a set of limitations that I may have, that disallows me to do anything near hwat that guy does.

I dunno, that's my rant for today.

Reactions: kennedy262

I don't disagree with this. The bottom line is compensation is dictated by value, purely economics. Connections create value and so do relationships. Every person has opportunities to make themselves more marketable and valuable (for some it is simply kissing azz), many are unwilling to make the sacrifices necessary. You can't party hardy, skip class and get an engineering degree.
It should not be everyone gets a trophy in little league or the real world. If you don't want minimum wage don't be minimum value.

I'm not saying that all are too lazy. The people at the bottom who are doing stuff to get to the top aren't the ones complaining about how much the top makes because they have the ambition and hope to be there one day. They don't waste all their time whining about how unfair things are. We all know things are not fair (Vol fans in particular) and we should never stop striving for fairness. Winners don't allow unfairness to stop them from pursuing excellence or use it as an excuse. Ask my Grandfather, that's who showed me this.

VN Store

Back