Recruiting Football Talk VII

But if she had missed it (being wide open), that result doesn’t mean she saves her job. If a contested shot had been made, there would be complaining too, especially about missed FT’s and the foul strategy. Strictly making a decision on 1.1 seconds isn’t something an AD cares about. It’s about the body of work.

Personally, I think it’s going to be hard firing a coach who’s made two straight Sweet 16’s and making another NCAAT. But another side of me also understands that it’s LV basketball, which is a blue blood and should strive for titles.
You're right, it IS about body of work. And the body of work is a pile of straw on top of the camel. That play call to cost the game is part of that bad body of work.

They underperform consistently. Recruiting lacking. Often unfocused. Seem technically unprepared. Performing below program standards. They seem to play well in tournaments- I think because the team is focused and usually more raw talent than opponents. But most importantly - has there been any improvement?

I don’t pull for anyone in the SEC besides us. What other teams do against each other, don’t really care unless it benefits us.

I’m just saying the baseball team and fans will view Vanderbilt as their biggest rival.

Basketball views Kentucky as its biggest rival.

Only football views Alabama as the biggest rival, and fans that come over from football have a misconception that it’s the case for all sports when it simply isn’t.
I've followed Tennessee in football, baseball, and basketball most my life as has my family and its always been bammer in everything. Think its an age difference, younger vols feel like you say and older crowd feel more like I do. Doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan, just means we see things different.

So it doesn't matter to you if bammer wins a basketball game or baseball game as long as it's not against us? A bammer loss is almost as enjoyable as a Tennessee win. I just can't hate them less than anyone else in anything, but I'm almost 50. Us old folks just feel different.

"When we are at our best"...I agree, but it is winning against really good teams when we are not at our best that will get us to the Final Four.
Yes. Just need someone really good not playing their best while we aren't playing their best...then we good.

In the end it's a random crapshoot. USCjr has one appearance from 05 until now and in that one appearance they made the dang final four 🙄 even though there are countless programs that have had faaaaaar more success with no final 4's.

I do feel really good about making it. I think DK is made for the stage and will go absolutely nuclear on teams and there's nothing they can do about it.

You pull for bammer to beat Kentucky in basketball and vandy in baseball? I cannot ever pull for them in anything. Just can't do it. I may hate different teams more depending on what sport we are playing but they're all second to bammers. Guess we just feel differently.
My wife's uncle passed away this week and we are in Hellabama today for the viewing...and one of my stupid Bubbagumper cousin-in-laws is one of those garbage "Bama fan in football, but I've always been a Kentucky fan in basketball" losers...of course he was cackling at me about us losing and I was like "I don't take 💩 from garbage bandwagon fans"...😒

I thought it was just losers from Kentucky that said that stupid 💩...but nope...Bubbagumps do it too.

Random fun stats

Vandy is 141-457-18 all time in SEC play.

Losers.

Also, DePaul is similar in the Big East in men's basketball as they are now 66-274 all time in conference play.

Bumming off the spoils of the programs that care!

Reactions: Volunteer821
My wife's uncle passed away this week and we are in Hellabama today for the viewing...and one of my stupid Bubbagumper cousin-in-laws is one of those garbage "Bama fan in football, but I've always been a Kentucky fan in basketball" losers...of course he was cackling at me about us losing and I was like "I don't take 💩 from garbage bandwagon fans"...😒

I thought it was just losers from Kentucky that said that stupid 💩...but nope...Bubbagumps do it too.
A gump-cat is the worst kind of cat.

Oh yeah, bammercats are real. Down here in GA I see a fair amount of house divided plates, ga/bama. The bandwagon is strong here too.

Edit: apologies for my rudeness, condolences for the family on the passing of your wife's uncle.

I don’t pull for anyone in the SEC besides us. What other teams do against each other, don’t really care unless it benefits us.

I’m just saying the baseball team and fans will view Vanderbilt as their biggest rival.

Basketball views Kentucky as its biggest rival.

Only football views Alabama as the biggest rival, and fans that come over from football have a misconception that it’s the case for all sports when it simply isn’t.
I hate em all...and I want ALL of them to lose in a embarrassing way every game.

UNC will get a SERIOUS push, and they beat us head to head.

We’ll be the top 2 seed at worst though. I fully expect us not to get the 1 seed.
If it's UNC, so be it. At least there's a heads to head to run that against, and I can get my head around that.

I couldn't with AZ.

I've followed Tennessee in football, baseball, and basketball most my life as has my family and its always been bammer in everything. Think its an age difference, younger vols feel like you say and older crowd feel more like I do. Doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan, just means we see things different.

So it doesn't matter to you if bammer wins a basketball game or baseball game as long as it's not against us? A bammer loss is almost as enjoyable as a Tennessee win. I just can't hate them less than anyone else in anything, but I'm almost 50. Us old folks just feel different.
I'm youngish (30 now 🤮) but during covid I watched a million old YouTube clips and learned everything about Vol history and I now truly understand how I must hate Bama in everything more than anyone. Heck my pawpaw laced them up against the bammers in the 60's so, my DNA has gone to battle in the third saturday in October.

They are our most important rival in football. Football is most important. Thus, they must be hated in everything above all else.

Our university's athletic programs would not be who they are without what our rivalry with Alabama has meant to our existence.

NeverBama.

An usc going to win this for us.
I gotta say...I did NOT see that coming...horrible horrible loss with a #1 seed on the line. I don't think any Q3 teams could have got within 20 of us today..

It took what is probably the most purely TALENTED team in CBB shooting out of their minds while our defensive intensity was not what it usually is (understandably imo) to barely sqeak by us today.

VN Store

Back