Recruiting Football Talk VII

UConn is probably the only team that can beat us when we are at our best. Maaaaybe Houston too because of their defense.

Bodes well that UK had to play their absolute A game to barely win. If a team is just making every shot they take against you and you lose then that's just basketball.
"When we are at our best"...I agree, but it is winning against really good teams when we are not at our best that will get us to the Final Four.

One game with a banked shot winner shouldn’t sway it one way or the other. It’s a body of work.
That one single moment was the epitome of the problem. It's not 1 single straw that breaks a camel's back. It's 1 straw landing on top of the rest.

Her players didn't guard their best player, and all stood around watching, hoping the ghost of Pat Summitt herself would swat the ball out of the sky.

If they had made a clutch, contested 3 that's one thing. Heck, give them a moral victory in that scenario. But that's not what happened.

That one single moment was the epitome of the problem. It's not 1 single straw that breaks a camel's back. It's 1 straw landing on top of the rest.

Her players didn't guard their best player, and all stood around watching, hoping the ghost of Pat Summitt herself would swat the ball out of the sky.

If they had made a clutch, contested 3 that's one thing. Heck, give them a moral victory in that scenario. But that's not what happened.
This. Couldn’t have said it better.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Announcer calling our team fools gold really pissed me off. I am thinking it's a CBS signal that Arizona is going to be the one seed. IMO, If our guys play defense with the intensity that they did the last few minutes of that game, we should go far in NCAA--- even if our offense is quite a bit of Dalton Knecht.

That might be tough with a Q2 loss to end the season. UNC will snag it now though w our luck.

Why is ppl worried about Arizona?? They're not that good. Weak schedule outside of a few games makes them look better then they truly are🤷‍♂️

They're best win is at Duke and Caleb Love couldn't miss that game if I remember right.?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

But if she had missed it (being wide open), that result doesn’t mean she saves her job. If a contested shot had been made, there would be complaining too, especially about missed FT’s and the foul strategy. Strictly making a decision on 1.1 seconds isn’t something an AD cares about. It’s about the body of work.

Personally, I think it’s going to be hard firing a coach who’s made two straight Sweet 16’s and making another NCAAT. But another side of me also understands that it’s LV basketball, which is a blue blood and should strive for titles.

Seth Davis (born in Connecticut and went to duke)

He said he had talked to SEC coaches and said they said TN was fool's gold. My guess was he talked to Nate Oates, Lamont Paris, and Nick Saban.
Seth Davis was also one of the people always blasting Tennessee every time gonzo cuonzo won a game at Cal

In football yes. In the other sports, no.
You pull for bammer to beat Kentucky in basketball and vandy in baseball? I cannot ever pull for them in anything. Just can't do it. I may hate different teams more depending on what sport we are playing but they're all second to bammers. Guess we just feel differently.

USC should have ended this game already. Did not see that offensive foul on the play they got an easy alley oop either.

You pull for bammer to beat Kentucky in basketball and vandy in baseball? I cannot ever pull for them in anything. Just can't do it. I may hate different teams more depending on what sport we are playing but they're all second to bammers. Guess we just feel differently.
I don’t pull for anyone in the SEC besides us. What other teams do against each other, don’t really care unless it benefits us.

I’m just saying the baseball team and fans will view Vanderbilt as their biggest rival.

Basketball views Kentucky as its biggest rival.

Only football views Alabama as the biggest rival, and fans that come over from football have a misconception that it’s the case for all sports when it simply isn’t.

I don’t pull for anyone in the SEC besides us. What other teams do against each other, don’t really care unless it benefits us.

I’m just saying the baseball team and fans will view Vanderbilt as their biggest rival.

Basketball views Kentucky as its biggest rival.

Only football views Alabama as the biggest rival, and fans that come over from football have a misconception that it’s the case for all sports when it simply isn’t.
I hate Florida more than Bama.

VN Store

Back