Recruiting Football Talk VII

Also unrelated, Tim Duncan really gets no respect for how good he was.

1 of 6 players to reach 3,000 blocks (more than Ewing, Shaq, Alonzo, KG, & Ben Wallace)

1 of 7 players to reach 15,000 rebounds (more than Malone, Parish, Hakeem, Shaq, Barkley, Rodman, & Ewing)

1 of 22 players to reach 26,000 points

Only him and Kareem have done all 3 feats in their career, Kareem played 168 more games & 2 more seasons though.

Wilt also would be on the list if they recorded blocks when he played.
I know I'm in the minority but I have Timmy ranked over Kobe.

1 of 6 players to reach 3,000 blocks (more than Ewing, Shaq, Alonzo, KG, & Ben Wallace)

1 of 7 players to reach 15,000 rebounds (more than Malone, Parish, Hakeem, Shaq, Barkley, Rodman, & Ewing)

Only him and Kareem have done all 3 feats in their career, Kareem played 168 more games & 2 more seasons though.

And 5 titles. More than Curry, James, Chamberlain, Bird, etc..

Incredible fundamentals. Loved his use of the back board. He was a 00s player transported from the 1950s.

The 1989 Illinois team was one of best teams not to win National Championship.
1983 Houston Cougars
1985 Georgetown Hoyas
1991 UNLV Running Rebels
These were the other 3 imo.
My nephew is an Illini alumnus and his brother is an even more ardent fan. They hate Bruce Pearl with a passion over the Deon Thomas recruitment scandal.

My all time favorite player.

Did it with class, unselfishness towards his teammates, and loyalty to his franchise.

He also stayed 4-years in college which undermined his NBA stats and didn't play basketball until he was a junior in high school (was a swimmer prior).

The 1989 Illinois team was one of best teams not to win National Championship.
1983 Houston Cougars
1985 Georgetown Hoyas
1991 UNLV Running Rebels
These were the other 3 imo.
1999 Duke
37-1 going into Championship game against UConn...lost by 3.

Had 4 players go in the first round that year...plus Shane Battier, who was 6th overall pick 2 years later.

I bet he hates putting pillow cases on.
I bet he hates putting pillow cases on.
spit-shocked.gif

Honestly based on the players I have been able to see during their careers, Tim Duncan is in my top 5. He may be my favorite big ever.

Don’t know that I’d put him ahead of Kobe or MJ or even Lebron…but to build a franchise around it would be difficult to pick anyone else ahead of Tim.

VN Store

Back