Michigan coming after Brian Jean-Mary... [official — He’s gone]

"I think Brian Jean-Mary's preference would be to remain on staff at Tennessee," said Price. "I think the family is really comfortable in Knoxville. Michigan is trying to surround Sherrone Moore with as good a staff as they can. Famed defensive coordinator Wink Martindale is the new DC at Michigan. I think they're trying to put a lot of pieces around Coach Moore to give him the best chance to be successful. And that starts with going out and getting someone that Sherrone Moore really likes in BJ (Jean-Mary)."

"You'll probably hear something on Coach BJ in the next 24 to 48 hours," added Price. "Again, I think his preference is to be back on Rocky Top. But it always doesn't play out that way because schools toss around a lot of money. We'll just kind of see where it goes."

According to USA Today, Jean-Mary earned $665,000 as Tennessee's linebackers coach in 2023.

Exactly. Why would he go back for the same position he left?
Only thing I could think of is Moore being the new HC, I think Moore has been at Michigan 6 years and he's African American so he might have a long friendship, other than that conjecture not sure. I know living in Tennessee vs Michigan should be a no brainer IMO.

why would he leave for a similar position? I can see offering him a better position or substantially more money but I do not believe either is the case.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I've been to Michigan. It's similar to upstate NY. F*** living there year round lol.
We have friends with a lake house up there and we love going up in July when it’s sweltering here. Great weather, great natural scenery. But man, I can’t imagine buying a vacation home I could only enjoy 3 months a year. Their money, not mine, though! 😂

There are parts of Michigan that are beautiful. And the weather is great in the summertime. Ann Arbor is a fantastic town. But those winters are brutal.
Summers although short happen every year but those brutal winters and bad roads pop up about this time every year as the weather changes the Pothole state ensues.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We have friends with a lake house up there and we love going up in July when it’s sweltering here. Great weather, great natural scenery. But man, I can’t imagine buying a vacation home I could only enjoy 3 months a year. Their money, not mine, though! 😂

I think the late great Lewis Grizzard said he spent a year in Chicago and realized they only have two seasons there; winter and the 4th of July. I would assume Ann Arbor is similar.
8^)

VN Store

Back