Tucker Carlson Obsession Thread (merged)

I wouldn't call him a traitor. I have seen no evidence that he is, for example, in some way part of a conspiracy with Putin and Trump or other Congressional Republicans to kill Ukraine funding.

Egomaniac who is doing some rather stupid things because he is starved for attention, is probably a better descriptor.
Did you feel the same about Robert fisk?

So Putin flat out said he thinks the CIA was behind the Nordstream attack. Tucker should have followed that up asking if Russia plans on responding.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Only watched the first several minutes. Please tell me this isn’t a 2 hour long history lesson on Russia for some justification for invading Ukraine. Weak
The first 45 minutes of it was. Disappointing overall. I'm sure he was limited in what he could ask, but there were slight push backs at a couple of points. There were also moments where he should have obviously pushed back at something Putin was suggesting (like when he suggested that Poland basically forced Germany to invade it in 1939) and he said nothing.

It was a soft interview, but not as soft as many of his critics will portray it as.

Last edited:
I got the feeling that Tucker was asking preapproved questions and followups were not allowed.
That’s quite possible, considering Putin’s long winded answers that were given to him in the ear piece. Despite that, there were some nuggets of good info. There definitely needs to be a condensed 3 minute version.

The one thing that Putin did come out with and made perfectly clear is that he and Russia are now China's bitch.
I'd been telling people that's coming for years, but Putin had been popular with younger people, and old euro hard left holdouts who viewed him as the only European leader with the guts to buck the US. They didn't want to listen because they had fantasies of Putin being some sort of spy novel assassin for the soviets and can't wrap their head around the concept that the revolution failed and there are only two relevant powers left in the world

The best word to describe Putin is just "butthurt." He and the proponents of the cause he supports and the story he tells lost. That isn't to suggest that the motives of his opponents are pure as the driven snow, but they never are. The retelling of the medieval history he rambled on and on about, for all I know, might be 100% accurate. It's also irrelevant.

He did have a chance in the 1990s to be a player in the West's game, and it would have been a better outcome for him. Instead, he wanted to run his own game.

Reactions: tvolsfan
The best word to describe Putin is just "butthurt." He and the proponents of the cause he supports and the story he tells lost. That isn't to suggest that the motives of his opponents are pure as the driven snow, but they never are. The retelling of the medieval history he rambled on and on about, for all I know, might be 100% accurate. It's also irrelevant.

He did have a chance in the 1990s to be a player in the West's game, and it would have been a better outcome for him. Instead, he wanted to run his own game.
In an article which originally appeared in Fortune, Putin has an estimated net worth of 200 Billion. If true, I think he is at peace with his decisions.

In an article which originally appeared in Fortune, Putin has an estimated net worth of 200 Billion. If true, I think he is at peace with his decisions.
Fair point. He wouldn't have a ton of people trying to kill him though, and could have had a normal exit strategy from politics had he gone the other way. I think he knows that he's trapped in that office until he dies, either from natural causes or someone kills him.

Fair point. He wouldn't have a ton of people trying to kill him though, and could have had a normal exit strategy from politics had he gone the other way. I think he knows that he's trapped in that office until he dies, either from natural causes or someone kills him.
I understand. The counterpoint is he may not fear death or may feel he is untouchable, he may not desire a normal exit strategy, and may not look at his dictatorship as a trap. In fact, Don't most dictators throughout history die in position of power?

I understand. The counterpoint is he may not fear death or may feel he is untouchable, he may not desire a normal exit strategy, and may not look at his dictatorship as a trap. In fact, Don't most dictators throughout history die in position of power?
Yeah, because they pretty much have to whether they want to or not.

The thing about Putin, and I would think most dictators, is that at some point they'd like to retain power but step away from the day to day decision making, kind of like a founder/CEO stepping down from that role and becoming Chairman of the Board. He still has power ultimately over big decisions, but wouldn't be bothered with the day to day BS and could enjoy his $200B. I'm not sure Putin could do that though, a) because he doesn't seem to have groomed anyone to take over the job (and why would he do that - that person instantly becomes a threat to him) and b) he has too many enemies who would come after him if he takes his hands off the controls.

I guess that's what I meant by "trapped," but as you suggested, he's hardly a normal person and might not see his current situation as a trap.

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
He’s also a terrifying person , you know he’s a pure killer and sleeps well at night and at the same time I could find myself liking him during that interview. He’s poised , well dressed , well mannered, well spoken and all of his answers had the impression of being throughout before he answered . The thing that would snap me back everytime was that laugh. My best friends dad had a laugh like that and he was also a scary man .

Yeah, because they pretty much have to whether they want to or not.
I've never thought of dictatorship as something the dictator is compelled to stay in. I have always thought of it as something they would choose to stay in. Increasing net worth an average of 10 Billion per year is a compelling reason to stay in power.

He’s also a terrifying person , you know he’s a pure killer and sleeps well at night and at the same time I could find myself liking him during that interview. He’s poised , well dressed , well mannered, well spoken and all of his answers had the impression of being throughout before he answered . The thing that would snap me back everytime was that laugh. My best friends dad had a laugh like that and he was also a scary man .
He’s charismatic, similar to Hitler. I think Xi Jinping is cut of the same cloth. He’s committing genocides in China and nothing is done about it.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
according to dems, women always have to be believed...

---------------------------------

BREAKING REPORT: ⚠️ Tucker Carlson Set to Release BOMBSHELL INTERVIEW with Joe Biden s-xual assault accuser Tara Reade..

Reade is now SUING THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, seeking millions in damages following alleged 'FBI operation' against her..

Reade told the New York Times "Mr. Biden PINNED HER TO A WALL in a Senate building, reached under her clothing and penetrated her with his fingers."

"A friend said that Ms. Reade told her the details of the allegation at the time. Another friend and a brother of Ms. Reade’s said she told them over the years about a traumatic sexual incident involving Mr. Biden." -NY Times

BREAKING REPORT: ⚠️ Tucker Carlson Set to Release BOMBSHELL INTERVIEW with Joe Biden s-xual assault accuser Tara Reade..

Reade is now SUING THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, seeking millions in damages following alleged 'FBI operation' against her..

Reade told the New York Times "Mr. Biden PINNED HER TO A WALL in a Senate building, reached under her clothing and penetrated her with his fingers."

"A friend said that Ms. Reade told her the details of the allegation at the time. Another friend and a brother of Ms. Reade’s said she told them over the years about a traumatic sexual incident involving Mr. Biden." -NY Times

Are these other people also Russian agents, like her ?

Nothing says "I'm telling the truth", like defecting to Russia when a perjury investigation is opened against you.

VN Store

Back