Recruiting Football Talk VII

I thought Spyre flew them here. I thought we were not involved with the flight at all.
They see Spyre and Booster as one in the same BECAUSE Nico was not committed. In their ridiculous view you commit 1st and NIL second. Hence the potential infractions and ultimately the case.

Here is one of my greatest regrets in a life of many big ones....we used to go to the old Roxy theater in Buckhead and watch shows sometimes of up and comers or popular regional bands...one weekend a friend got tickets and asked me to go with and see this group called Stone Temple Pilots..I was like "who the 🤬 is that"? and he said " Don’t really know...some group from California somewhere that is supposed to be pretty cool" and I was like "nah..I think we're just gonna go up to Chattanooga with some friends"..

That was early in 92 right before they blew up...🤦‍♂️
Live long enough, you'll have plenty of regrets. Mine is not joining the ROTC. But, cool story bro.

May be stronger for us after the judge actually hears arguments. And will probably be a bit more open to it when it's not a rush job the day before NSD.
Yeah, I don’t think it’s foreclosed, but I do think it’s a clear signal that the AGs have an evidentiary gap to close by next week.

It’s very frustrating, because the judge is already signaling that the NCAA is going to eventually lose.

The issue is we flew a recruit here on an unofficial visit on a booster jet before he had committed. We say it was due to permissible or undefined NIL dealings others say it was impermissible benefits.
According to UT and the NCAA, that is factually incorrect. "We" did no such thing. Spyre flew him on a plane that they paid for, and the NCAA is in possession of the receipt that proves it. They also have testimony from everyone involved that says it wasn't a recruiting trip.

The NCAA just redefined the definition of "booster" after the fact and is trying to punish UT for what Spyre did.

I am grateful to have grown up with a dad with an album collection as diverse as a Walmart on Saturday night. Lots of freaks from all kinds of genres. Most importantly, an admiration for anyone that could make great music, independent of style. I try to live that now with my kids. They hear me listen to a mix from flamenco guitar and jazz to delta blues and Alt rock.
I like a lot of diverse stuff too..but nobody is making pure country music anymore...that is what we are saying and you are so high up on your stupid elitist smart ass high horse that you don't understand.

on3 (J.D. Pickell) Top 5 College Football list (track record very important/Recruiting/Trajectory/Culture): 5. Norvell; 4. Ryan Day; 3. Steve Sarkasian; 2. Brian Kelly; 1. Kirby Smart.

I wanted Sark last time around. Would you take Sark over Heupel?

"It's so wild how the greatest music ever made was all made during my formative years."

- Everyone
Grew up in the 80s and 90s and think it was largely weaker music overall and the birth of commercialized music and image over substance. The original downfall before the internet and independent labels revitalized music.

See: 80s hair bands and formulated 90s boy "bands"

on3 (J.D. Pickell) Top 5 College Football list (track record very important/Recruiting/Trajectory/Culture): 5. Norvell; 4. Ryan Day; 3. Steve Sarkasian; 2. Brian Kelly; 1. Kirby Smart.

I wanted Sark last time around. Would you take Sark over Heupel?
No. Last season was the first time Sark really met his expectations. UW fans called him "7-win Steve" for a reason. If he sustains it and Heupel lingers around 8-4/9-3 territory for a few years? Yeah, probably.

Reactions: screenthis
Probably means that the judge didn't want to do anything drastic the day before signing day.

The only thing that this case has to do with UT/NCAA is it would have prevented the NCAA from any sanctions against UT.

I suspect the NCAA is probably going to be a little more hesitant with UT going forward after UT blasted them, their AG basically sued them on grounds that will basically end them, TNreps are pushing a law to skewer them, and the entire nation came out against them with pitchforks.

UT has received a notice of allegations. Nothing else. NCAA expected UT to be easy victims. Nothing is saying now that NCAA will even follow up now.

If they do, UT has courts and suits of their own at their disposal.
I don't think UT has received the NOA, just been told it's coming.

VN Store

Back