WASH OG Nate Kalepo

Mentioned in the Z thread that I think we could have the best OL in the SEC as-is, but have to admit that adding Kalepo would make it feel like an all-star team. Anyone know his PFF grade?
Pretty bad lol. Don’t have it with me but it’s in the 50s if I remember right.

That said, PFF never likes our linemen anyway. Just need a guy that does well in our scheme.

Is this sarcasm? Or are you being for real?

Being for real. Just looking for a fat pay day if those are the places he’s interested in. Wouldn’t be surprised to read about OSU being in the mix soon with the way they’re tossing around cash in the portal

I hear ya, but if our staff thinks we have internal solutions that have been in the development cycle that can attain equal production and are willing to go through spring with money in hand to validate, then I am not going to get in line at the bridge in the near term. A no-brainer upgrade at market price is a different story. That is also based on evalution also and I am good.

The balance of filling KNOWN needs at positions vs adding game changers regardless of room is the name of the game I guess in this NIL and portal driven world. When is spending money to only incrementally improve a room the right thing to do? Timing as well. Bet those keep some analysts busy full time, and I am not expecting a call to get added to CJH's staff.
The fact that we’ve reached out to Kalepo tells me they thinks we need a portal LG.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Being for real. Just looking for a fat pay day if those are the places he’s interested in. Wouldn’t be surprised to read about OSU being in the mix soon with the way they’re tossing around cash in the portal
And who has Miami or Ole Miss gotten that we really wanted and went for from the portal? They tampered with Pounds so we went all in on heard and beat them.

And who has Miami or Ole Miss gotten that we really wanted and went for from the portal? They tampered with Pounds so we went all in on heard and beat them.

Nobody. We haven’t went after the same dudes. That’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying those are the places he’s showing interest. Leads me to believe his priority is to make money. He’s at Miami right now. Does he even have a visit set up to UT?

It is possible the staff wants to get through Spring ball to assess the current room to define our level of need and therefore our establishment of max value to offer at this and most rooms. It SEEMS to me that holding on to some big bucks for the May portal after you can establish a priority of needs on the field would be a smart play. Lack of progress and injury is what it is.

Some positions have higher potential for improvement through growth and development. IOL I would think would be high on that list and we have added a bunch of young bucks in the last cycle or two as we were coming out from under the NCAA hammer threat.

We just spent money on a much lower risk high end guy in Heard on the outside. He has a lower risk, but is still a risk. I still don't think using stars as a ceiling of ability is supported by draft days, the final analysis, but more for probability of high end production. Our staff is not blindly throwing darts at the 3 star pool and late breaking genetics is for sure in play for the big guys on both sides of the ball. We don't need to spend money to match what we WILL have in this room for the fall. I am HOPING the fact a group of our guys not getting nudged to the portal, like the DB room, means we still have some of them in play and we might better use our bucks elsewhere. That's my prayer and I am sticking to it.

I heard a podcast the other day about the Spring Portal. More times than not those transfers were beaten out and when they transfer to a new school they are so far behind they rarely contribute year 1. They are mostly for depth purposes only. That definitely makes sense. As it was said, there's an exception to every rule but that's the majority of the cases.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Are we confirmed to be after him or are we just hoping?
We have been in contact, he’s visiting Ole Miss. Believe we still would love to find a LG who has more than 1 year left as 2025 line is where most of the concern lies. I think with Heard most feel good for 2024.

Any other information on Tate R or has this moved on?
R.5aa4811f38484a7d90f5568a5cd4b6f4

VN Store

Back