Recruiting Football Talk VII

Rodney mother f***** Garner

Okay but didn’t exactly help with Williams Nwerni, Kamarion Franklin, Amaris Williams, Ayden Breland, Kameron Fountain, Danny Okoye, Elias Williams etc.

He’s our best recruiter but his style doesn’t appeal to everyone

I’m just thinking about the big fish he’s landed for us recently - Hobbs and Pearce specifically. We were in those for months and months leading up to signing day. And both wtere under the radar kids who blew up at the end. This recruitment is different. We just started relationship building and he’s been a big fish for a while.

I just don’t think ends up going our way. This will likely be another Elijah Rushing/Jordan Seaton style recruitment to include going into the commitment date with hope, only to see it go another way.

Okay but didn’t exactly help with Williams Nwerni, Kamarion Franklin, Amaris Williams, Ayden Breland, Kameron Fountain, Danny Okoye, Elias Williams etc.

He’s our best recruiter but his style doesn’t appeal to everyone

I’m just thinking about the big fish he’s landed for us recently - Hobbs and Pearce specifically. We were in those for months and months leading up to signing day. And both wtere under the radar kids who blew up at the end. This recruitment is different. We just started relationship building and he’s been a big fish for a while.

I just don’t think ends up going our way. This will likely be another Elijah Rushing/Jordan Seaton style recruitment to include going into the commitment date with hope, only to see it go another way.
We were in on Pearce when he was a lowly ranked nobody and the negas were complaining bitterly.

The Preds beat the Hurricanes in OT!

6-5Screenshot_20231215_231158_Gallery.jpg

*Disclaimer: I have now officially watched more professional Nashville hockey than I have professional Nashville football this season. 😏

*And the TN Hillbillly in me got a little loose tonight...... The Canes scored on a power play in the 1st period, so everyone gets a free blueberry biscuit tomorrow morning at their local Bojangle's locations. After we scored in OT, I yelled "enjoy your bo-berry biscuits, Canes fans!". After a couple of dirty looks (from them and my wife) I happened to remember that I don't care near enough about Predators hockey to get whooped over it. 😬

**I can't wait until the b-ball team beats up on the Wolfpack tomorrow night. Raleigh won't let me come back. GBO

We were in on Pearce when he was a lowly ranked nobody and the negas were complaining bitterly.

Similarly, whenever we’re in on lowly rated kids the cheerleaders always hype them up endlessly.

This thread right here is a prime example (Brandon Davis). Lowly rated kid with meh offers but so many homers blindly trusted Pruitt because he knew secondary guys and before too long, cheerleaders in the thread are comparing Davis to the Honey Badger.

So it goes both ways.

The Preds beat the Hurricanes in OT!

6-5View attachment 602528

*Disclaimer: I have now officially watched more professional Nashville hockey than I have professional Nashville football this season. 😏

*And the TN Hillbillly in me got a little loose tonight...... The Canes scored on a power play in the 1st period, so everyone gets a free blueberry biscuit tomorrow morning at their local Bojangle's locations. After we scored in OT, I yelled "enjoy your bo-berry biscuits, Canes fans!". After a couple of dirty looks (from them and my wife) I happened to remember that I don't care near enough about Predators hockey to get whooped over it. 😬

**I can't wait until the b-ball team beats up on the Wolfpack tomorrow night. Raleigh won't let me come back. GBO
Possum walking around NC like…

1702700780537.gif

Just repeat after me: In Pruitt I Trust

Similarly, whenever we’re in on lowly rated kids the cheerleaders always hype them up endlessly.

This thread right here is a prime example (Brandon Davis). Lowly rated kid with meh offers but so many homers blindly trusted Pruitt because he knew secondary guys and before too long, cheerleaders in the thread are comparing Davis to the Honey Badger.

So it goes both ways.
My boy speaking from personal experience lol

Reactions: volinexile17
Yeah. I don’t see how that’s relevant. He didn’t ask if winning a national title was winning anything. He asked if not winning your conference or national title, but just making it to the 12 team party is winning something. It isn’t.
It's relevant, to see if you know how it felt, at all, back then. It's relevant, to see if you have any ground to stand on to talk about such things, as it pertains to the balance of joy/disappointment of those years. If you were not yet born or just a young kid, why am I even having this conversation with you? I don't talk about rocket science, because I know nothing about rocket science.

This is the last ill say...after what we have been through since them days, if your not happy making the playoff, a chance to play for the National Title, then you're just a straight-up, miserable sap. I don't hold misery against anyone/you, sounds sh!tty enough without me piling on...but, that's not me, miserable about 11-2, 11-3, making playoffs, and challenging for the SEC. While 96 and 01 were disappointing, the awesomeness of being one of the five biggest swinging sacks in the land, more than healed what ailed me.

You see Bama, and think Championships are easy. They are not. As successful as UGA has been, and as garbage as we have been for 20 years, they passed us for most conference championships...just last year.

I understand all that. South Carolina is a point or a little more behind us. That’s close, was my point.

I get quality over quantity, but it seems like we’ve sacrificed quantity entirely for quality. And in a game like football where a season changing injury is just a play away, I think you need a healthy dose of both.
So, you're saying we need more lower ranked players in this class for depth?

Reactions: SoilVol

So it goes both ways.
First, Pruitt <<<< Heupel/Garner.

Second, I personally never make predictions on how anyone will work out regardless of ranking. Too many variables. I'll be angry if and when we don't have successful seasons, but not until.

VN Store

Back