'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

Dear Justin,

We's just messin'. Come on in this weekend.

Signed,
Heup
Seriously. Our staff is too honest. This is what happens when you don’t continue to recruit. Staff is getting left with the empty bag too often. Should have tried to get joly and staes. What you want to bet we don’t even get staes now. Smh

Ouch that is awful. Maybe time for a new TE coach. An elite recruiter.
That's 6 years of recruiting. That goes well before Heupel and his staff. If you go by that history, the last high school recruit we had to get real PT was Jacob Warren. The best high school recruit we've had for even longer than that is Ethan Davis. That was under this staff. It's definitely perplexing and why I feel you have to take 2 from the portal now.

Golesh should try to flip him back to EDGE as a 4D chess move to get a 5* talent at USF. The ole Randall Cobb razzamatazz

Reactions: bpalmer28
Wasn't that the case the last time he entered the portal too? I think the kid knows how to leverage for more money. But if he does go to Alabama? So, be it.

don't think he will have an option to return to UT this time. I was thinking Kentucky was where he was looking last year but could be wrong.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Sounds like a gitshirt to me.
Seriously???

Jesus.

The dude was a 5 star Edge that wanted to play TE. Do you seriously think Heupel wouldn't let him try TE and then try to move him later?

And usually 4 star guys that decommitt from a known P5 school to go to a G5 school end up doing so because they have limited options. Golesh is the one who wanted Echols and wanted him at TE. All the kid has done is slide down everyone's rankings as a TE because he isn't one. He didn't do anything to note his senior year. I doubt Heupel and staff are losing sleep over this one. Some kids are encouraged to look elsewhere closer to signing day and I bet that's what happened here.
Spin, spin, spin…..

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Surprises me. Wouldn’t have expected Bama to be offering big NIL for a 5th year guy that’s projected mid-late round pick. Figure they already have plenty of those guys.

The rumor was bama would offer roughly the same as UT but all things even he’d like to get that bama bump when headed to draft

Spin, spin, spin…..
Ok, you win...Heupel's staff sucks at recruiting and UT is about to crash and burn because Echols, who all recruiting services believe is a program changing TE, decided to commit to one of his worst publicized offers in USF. We should commend this future 1st round TE's courage in going to USF to try and help them become a top G5 team when he clearly could've gone to any program in the country. The sky is truly falling at UT...

Better?

I swear some of y’all are so dense and can’t see the whole chess board. Let me explain:

Echols graded high at a camp as a DE/EDGE but wants to play as a TE. Well the switch wasn’t a 1:1 as far as ratings and potential goes so his stock fell. No other P5 wanted him as a TE either. So now in this day and age do we waste a scholarship on a project TE when we need a day 1 TE starter? No. We “git shirt” him to the college farm league (G5) AND to a team coached by one of Heupel’s homeboys. If Golesh gets him developed right then he gets sent up to the big leagues in 2 years as a day 1 impact TE.

The landscape has changed so much that P5 coaches have to be bros with the G5 coaches in a similar way they develop relationships with high school coaches. When portal season opens they get the head start on developed talent ready for the big show.

More than ever you have to be super selective on high school recruits because the portal can change the entire complexion of your roster potential in one season (see Ole Miss). 8-4 to 10-2 which would be good for a playoff bid in the new era.
Wrong. See Hubbs post and try again.

Ok, you win...Heupel's staff sucks at recruiting and UT is about to crash and burn because Echols, who all recruiting services believe is a program changing TE, decided to commit to one of his worst publicized offers in USF. We should commend this future 1st round TE's courage in going to USF to try and help them become a top G5 team when he clearly could've gone to any program in the country. The sky is truly falling at UT...

Better?
More truthful.

VN Store

Back