Heupel To Showcase Nico?

77' Vol

Heupel would be wise to showcase Nico's abilities these next two games to show our Commits that they are coming into a program that is still on the rise. We have some highly rated WRs/ skill players that we don't want them looking elsewhere. Need to get back to our feared high scoring passing attack that took a big hit during the Bazooka Joe reign. GO VOLS! Let's crush some Candy and win our Bowl Game!!!!

3 plus 1 equals 4, and bylaws allow for a Bowl game to be exempt from counting towards a redshirt. Do better.
Still don't think he'll play much. Maybe against Vandy (that's not even a guarantee with how the team is playing), but I'd be surprised if he does in the bowl game.

The Bowl game doesn't count against his redshirt. He could play these last two games. Milton will play versus Vanderbilt, probably sit the bowl game out would be my guess.

Reactions: feathersax
Hahaha. Well fans are hoping Josh is satisfied with his Milton experiment and that he and Joey can continue to tutor Joe and prepare him for the NFL draft while playing the Vols’ prize rookie quarterback that fans will pay to see play in actual games. Thanks for sending along that strong hint to the staff that Nico is the man of the hour now. Vandy will have prepared a game plan to face old Joe who is easy to defend and then they face the Polynesian playmaker instead.

Nico will not start against Vandy unless Joe is hurt. That is Senior night and Joe has earned the right to start, just like he has started every game this year. Whether Nico plays will depend upon how the game goes. We do not want to be 7-5, 8-4 is the goal. Yes, I know it is Vandy and we should win, but you don't start your second-string players just because some in the media and some fans say "do it".

If CJH started Nico and we ended up losing the game, those of you who are saying start Nico, would be bashing CJH for throwing the game away. Let him coach.

And same would be true for the bowl game - the only way Joe doesn't play in that is if either he is hurt or he decides not to risk getting hurt. Joe doesn't seem like the type to shy away from playing though.

Reactions: 08Vol
No offense, but fix the title to where it’s less sure.

That being said, he’s not going to showcase Nico unless we’re way up on Vandy, specifically because it’s senior night. And I have a feeling this game is going to be much closer than we want it to be.

Everyone is saying the bowl game does not count, yet every article out there says it was a one-time waiver for the 2022-23 season. I'd really love to see where everyone is saying that rule is still in effect.

Heupel would be wise to showcase Nico's abilities these next two games to show our Commits that they are coming into a program that is still on the rise. We have some highly rated WRs/ skill players that we don't want them looking elsewhere. Need to get back to our feared high scoring passing attack that took a big hit during the Bazooka Joe reign. GO VOLS! Let's crush some Candy and win our Bowl Game!!!!
i dot expect to see Nico in Vandy or bowl game unless Joe gets hurt. They are avoiding playing him at all costs it seems.

I've said it in other threads - here is the way this needs to play out:
Joe starts Vandy game and gets us to a 3 score plus half time lead behind a brutal rushing attack.
Nico takes over the second half and neither Gaston or Navy see the field until late in the 4th qtr when we are up 5 to 6 scores.
Joe starts the bowl game, but Nico takes over at the second series regardless of the score.

Milton will play. Heupel is going to try to get him drafted. Nico won’t see significant time unless Joe gets hurt.

And UT will definitely lose to whoever the bowl opponent is if JM plays but it seems like that’s what will happen. They’ve avoided playing Nico like the plague this year even though the fanbase wants to see him play.

VN Store

Back