'25 MS QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame commit)

Heā€™s obviously the preference for the coaches. Until recently, mine was Deuceā€¦based solely on my belief he would be more conducive to sitting, learning and developing behind others. Gotta admit, this move serves as a red flag for a face of the program type QB. That position faces a plethora of tough situations and pressure and youā€™re judged by how you deal. He has a season and the rest of this one to present his true narrative, but in the meantime I definitely give the tiebreaker to G-Mac or QB to be determinedā€¦maybe Madden.
Madden is hurt. He didn't even play the season opener.

Honestly, none of these guys are as good as Merklinger anyway.

Still we need a QB for 2025.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Madden is hurt. He didn't even play the season opener.

Honestly, none of these guys are as good as Merklinger anyway.

Still we need a QB for 2025.
I think he got hurt in the season opener, unless what I saw was like a jamboree or something.

Well, not unexpected but I guess surprised it happened so suddenly. Hope we land GM.
Might be a case of wanting to get in while the getting is good. His performance so far hasn't really warranted a committee offer, so taking one while it's there is a smart move. It also became clear he wasn't Tennessee's guy, so for Deuce, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Reactions: Vawlz
Might be a case of wanting to get in while the getting is good. His performance so far hasn't really warranted a committee offer, so taking one while it's there is a smart move. It also became clear he wasn't Tennessee's guy, so for Deuce, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Agreed. Thatā€™s why I said itā€™s not unexpected, as it felt pretty clear we stopped recruiting him hard. Notre Dame was the other player heavy in this so makes sense he chose there. And, as you said, the sudden commitment out of the blue would make sense with how heā€™s been performing.

Looks like the Michael Penix scenario. We didn't want his commitment back in the day, and he went where he was wanted. Finally, he found a home with UW and is doing well. Now, Deuce is off the table because we wouldn't take his commitment. Good luck to him on his committment.

Should we just take every commitment from a guy who wants to commit?

Looks like the Michael Penix scenario. We didn't want his commitment back in the day, and he went where he was wanted. Finally, he found a home with UW and is doing well. Now, Deuce is off the table because we wouldn't take his commitment. Good luck to him on his committment.
Cept Penix WAS committed (along with Martinez) and Pruitt gitted him. Nowhere near the same scenario. ā€œWe wouldnā€™t take his commitmentā€ is speculativeā€¦Pruitt ghosting Penix was public.

Cept Penix WAS committed (along with Martinez) and Pruitt gitted him. Nowhere near the same scenario. ā€œWe wouldnā€™t take his commitmentā€ is speculativeā€¦Pruitt ghosting Penix was public.

Ghosted, didn't want his commitment is saying the same thing. He never wore Orange is the BLUF, but he's finally found his home and is doing well. I hope the same for Deuce.

Ghosted, didn't want his commitment is saying the same thing. He never wore Orange is the BLUF, but he's finally found his home and is doing well. I hope the same for Deuce.
Whereas I donā€™t care. He had an offerā€¦thatā€™s all we KNOW. If he wanted to commit and Heupel said ā€œnoā€? Thatā€™s not KNOWN. So not the ā€œsame thing.ā€ Might be more a matter of wanting to be the top priority at quarterback and not getting that from usā€¦because GMac exists.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Would suck to lose GM after not wanting Deuce it seems. I agree with it though. Itā€™s not a good idea to try to appease both players. Go after who you want.

VN Store

Back