I would rather go .500 this season with Nico than see Milton start a single down from here on out.

Sigh. I’d rather win games than not. If the coach believes Nico can survive behind this line, he’ll play. But not til then.

I would rather go .500 this season with Nico than see Milton start a single down from here on out.
And I damn well mean it. I am sick of this show. He is gone after this year anyway. Just do it and get it over with. We get to look forward to growing pains next year the longer we keep him in.
Lol thank you for your opinion mr arm chair

Nico may eventually start but no point in getting him hurt or trashing his confidence now. Tenn o line is awful, need center back, receivers playing poorly, def secondary is still awful, poor tackling and stupid penalties.

Manning could not have overcome all that.

Correct. If they put Nico out there behind this line, he will be out hurt within three games.

And I damn well mean it. I am sick of this show. He is gone after this year anyway. Just do it and get it over with. We get to look forward to growing pains next year the longer we keep him in.
F$K YES!!! ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!But also there needs to be a change on the defensive side of the coaching staff after this season to!

It’s just awesome to see that we have so many fans willing to sacrifice next year just to break even this year.
How well does Nico know the playbook right now? 100% or 30%?
Is he physically and mentally ready to play behind our O line?
Our O line let a 400+ pound lineman drill Joe into the ground with his full weight on Joe. Is Nico able to pop up ready to go after that hit or does he still need to add some protective muscle to his frame to withstand those types of hits every game?
You may not know those answers but I bet our Coach does.
Joe is not the biggest issue on this team and unless he gets injured I sincerely hope our Coach isn’t willing to sacrifice future seasons just to break even this year.

While I can appreciate the sentiment, you also have to keep Nico's future in mind. You throw him in before he's ready and it could prove harmful in the long run....especially with this OL. We need Milton to be adequate while starting the process of seasoning Nico for next year. I'd start that process in the first half of the next game and keep doing it the rest of the year.

Never thought Milton was ever a good QB. There is a reason he has lost the starting job twice.
Are you considering “lost the job” as getting injured twice and having the backup take over and start for the rest of the season. You do know that happens quite often right?

If defense can’t stop the run, it won’t matter who we play at QB.
That’s true but it doesn’t change the apparent fact that Milton isn’t going to win a championship at Tennessee. Both problems need to be corrected. Nico might struggle but we need to get him some meaningful reps in order for him to develop into the QB we all hope he can become.

Don't agree with the OP's post but Milton did disappoint last night in areas he should be handling well by now. Game - clock management was poor but that is correctable, bad reads. correctable. If by midseason these are still happening then agree its time to move on. Pulling for Joe but the season can't wait long and Nico not ready yet.

Reactions: Pennheel
Don't agree with the OP's post but Milton did disappoint last night in areas he should be handling well by now. Game - clock management was poor but that is correctable, bad reads. correctable. If by midseason these are still happening then agree its time to move on. Pulling for Joe but the season can't wait long and Nico not ready yet.
Sorry that’s kinda the point with joe none of this is correctable. 6th year do you think all the sudden it’s all going to click. No way

Dump and dink may give Joe confidence throughout the game but I don’t think HFCH has the patience. We need pass accuracy.

Reactions: Pennheel
Sorry that’s kinda the point with joe none of this is correctable. 6th year do you think all the sudden it’s all going to click. No way
Thank you! He is a sixth year player. What in the world makes you think a light bulb will all the sudden go off?

I would rather them not put Nico out there before we get our OL issues sorted out. God that would suck if he got hurt. Milton is not our future let him take the risk.

Don't disagree but other than throwing Nico to the wolves early, what other choice does Hype have other than continue coaching him. Hype has put himself in a tough spot now.

No one was expecting anywhere close to an undefeated season but you use that to make you sound like you were always super reasonable.
I'm quite negative and unreasonable. Everyone knows this. But the ones crying about losing a game and acting like it's the end of the world is laughable.

If Tennessee loses one more game…
You start Nico, and the freshman DB’s.
It’s not even a debate.
We go into next year completely in the discussion for the playoffs.

It’s not even a debate.
Personally, I think Nico needs to get reps early and throughout the UTSA game. Wouldn't wait and hope for a blowout. Kid needs reps with the starting unit and he needs it before they turn the keys over to him assuming that happens this year. I'd also be sprinkling in several of my young recruits much the same way with the first units. We need the depth and we need the experience for next season. Not giving up on the season, but my expectations have always been that this is an 8 win team at best. Need to start looking to the future.

It’s not even a debate.
I highly doubt next season is going to be a big year.

I highly doubt next season is going to be a big year.
Agreed. Our entire secondary will be new and most of our OL. DT and LB will also be tough positions to fill.

Some folks act like replacing starters isn’t a big deal because of the portal but they forget that the best available players will likely want to play for championship contenders.

Agreed. Our entire secondary will be new and most of our OL. DT and LB will also be tough positions to fill.

Some folks act like replacing starters isn’t a big deal because of the portal but they forget that the best available players will likely want to play for championship contenders.
I think there will just be too many good/productive players to replace, especially on O. Perhaps there's is a slim chance that Banks and Martinez are fired and someone can come in and get them to playing like we thought they might this year to offset the offense. And who knows maybe nico comes out playing really well.

VN Store

Back