If You Could Attend Any ONE Sporting Event In History, What Would It Be?

A lot of posts regarding Ali, including myself…my personal choice because of his greatness and place in sports history as a whole. But if someone twisted my arm, I could be persuaded to pick Hagler-Hearns. As a lifelong boxing nut, this one takes the cake of all cakes.
My dad always said throughout his life that this was the best fight he ever saw--- that they were" throwing bombs from start to finish" --- his words..

Reactions: MAD
I would want to be at the Tennessee- Georgia game when Juan Jennings caught the Hail Mary from Josh Dobbs. I would have gotten every pennies worth of my Speech Communication degree I received at UT after that game..

Reactions: MAD
1976 Battle of the Network Stars

86e4f3c25514ba61b4fedbee27fcdf2c.jpg

Close second, Immaculate Reception

Last edited:
If You Could Attend Any ONE Sporting Event In History, What Would It Be?

I would go to the bowl game where we beat the Buckeyes.

The NC game. I had the opportunity to go and passed on it for some reason i cannot remember and now it seems ridiculous that i didn't. Honestly though, i was certain it wouldnt be the last chance as we seemed poised to become a permanent feature in NC talk.

Was ready to go to the Rose Bowl in the 2001/2002 season...but😐😐😐

My advice to myself is...if the opportunity arises again, go at all costs.

Reactions: Orange. and MAD
1976 Battle of the Network Stars

86e4f3c25514ba61b4fedbee27fcdf2c.jpg

Close second, Immaculate Reception

You and I need to be sipping some whisky somewhere...

OH...and one of my wife's favorite stories is SHE was actually on the field (with her 'Burgh area High School's Band) at the "Immaculate Reception Game"..

1982 Bama game. I was 5 and didn't make that one.
This was my wish too.
First game that we won against Bama in my memory. I was 11. I was listening to John Ward and it was electric in my living room. I would like to be at that one. I was screaming and hopping around the room, then ran to meet my daddy when he got home form work a few minutes later.
I hated the Bama fans always having bragging rights. I live on the border with Bama and Ole Miss.

VN Store

Back