'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

“I think when you watch the variety of ways that he impacts the game it bodes well for his overall playmaking ability as a safety,” On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power said. “When you are evaluating safeties you normally see some of the players that end up being the best players in college football that end up as high draft picks having two-way play making ability at the high school level.”
A finalist for Mr. Football last season, Carter isn’t the biggest in stature standing somewhere around 5-foot-10, but his game plays big, especially on defense.

“He is a guy that is physical and isn’t afraid to throw his body around,” Power said. “He is very active on defense. He has good instincts in coverage and has been a standout on the 7v7 circuit. The reps there won’t have him swimming making that transition like some others would. It’s a nice win for Tennessee in recruiting as they have made recruiting the state a priority. I think he also projects well on special teams.”

-VQ

Some back story here from something I mentioned early in this story… My phone rang the Sunday after the Alabama game and it was Boo. He was ready to commit to TN. I went to CCS the next afternoon and shot a commitment video with him. By the end of the week, multiple other schools were working hard to get him to hold off of his planned Sunday commitment. As the visit high wore off a bit, he decided to let things play out and make an announcement around Christmas.

Again, schools got out ahead of this and did all they could to slow it down, convincing him to take OVs. Long story short, Michigan made a hell of a run late in this one, but I am not convinced there was ever a leader other than TN.

This is a big addition to TNs class and I expect they have their vocal leader for the rest of the recruiting cycle in the boat now. Strong relationship with a lot of guys that TN wants.
-Matt Ray

R.3de8abe797da895b6053f84adbc0bf50

VN Store

Back