USM baseball

VolMarine1371

So USM had to come out of the loaders bracket of the conference tournament.
Then get beat by Samford and had to come out of the losers bracket again.
USM won’t be so fortunate a third time. The won’t come out of the losers bracket against the Vols.

Explain to me how USM was the better option when they struggled through the post season?

USM won’t be so fortunate a third time. The won’t come out of the losers bracket against the Vols.

Explain to me how USM was the better option when they struggled through the post season?
It's all about the storyline and this one is all about USM's head coach retiring. If he wasn't retiring this season then I believe UT would be at home for this series. Also something I read on Twitter is one of the committee members son plays for USM but take that with a grain of salt because it's from social media.

It's all about the storyline and this one is all about USM's head coach retiring. If he wasn't retiring this season then I believe UT would be at home for this series. Also something I read on Twitter is one of the committee members son plays for USM but take that with a grain of salt because it's from social media.
Wouldn’t be the first time the Vols send a coach into retirement with a lose. Last coach that retired after playing UT was PM at LSU.

Wouldn’t be the first time the Vols send a coach into retirement with a lose. Last coach that retired after playing UT was PM at LSU.
That was in Knoxville and the USM fan base will be insane. I really hope the baseball Vols fill disrespected and go on the road and take USM behind the wood shed. Go Vols!

It won't matter. They could play in the parking lot and Tennessee would win the series.

The committee member’s son does in fact play for USM. That’s true. It’s past due and doesn’t matter now, but surely him and the former AD did not have a vote on this matter…? Surely not lol

They weren’t the better option. Two people on the selection committee have close ties to USM and their coach is retiring, so it’s a feel good story for the media.
If I got a dollar for every time they’ll mention the coach, I would have enough to buy myself a nice steak.

Having to go to Hattiesburg may be a blessing in disguise. Omaha will be a road series too, so it may be better for us to get into the road game mentality instead of getting to relax at home.
The least they could have done was play the game in Nashville. Nashville was all prepped out to host a super regional. It would have been a neutral field and shown fairness to both teams, who supposedly were very close in the deserving department. I think it all depends on how strong USM's pitching is--or how deep. Hopefully, not too.

Reactions: VetVol
We should be hosting the super. We are even or better in all categories. To hell with the story line.
I do find it kind of weird that the last 2 nattys were won by school for the Sip. There is only 1 school left in the dance from the Sip and we play them Friday.

What sucks is I live in a major metropolitan area and there is only 1 flight per day to this crap town. Over $900 round trip............I would have to book a return trip Tuesday if I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a game. And in the vent we take the first 2, ain't no way in hell I'm spending 2 more days there.

FTNCAA Committee

What sucks is I live in a major metropolitan area and there is only 1 flight per day to this crap town. Over $900 round trip............I would have to book a return trip Tuesday if I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a game. And in the vent we take the first 2, ain't no way in hell I'm spending 2 more days there.

FTNCAA Committee
I rode the Amtrak there years ago to visit my Dad at Camp Shelby. It was a dump then, but maybe things have changed. Their airport looks small.

I looked at their record and the loses for each are almost the same, they have a few more wins but our schedule is way more difficult. Don't know how we are not hosting with that difference.

They’re 2-5 against Power 5 competition, including their win last week against Auburn.

I love it. We get the chance to send their coach into retirement, I hope we run rule their azz both games.

If we're the better team, we'll win this series no matter where it's played. Fans don't catch, throw or bat. Support at home or coming together when the opponents crowd is against you....either can be used as motivation, but frankly, if we need motivation at this point, we've got deeper issues than not hosting. This team has grown and gotten better over the course of the season. If we're the better team, we'll take care of business in Hattiesburg. Let's be honest here. When you talk hostile environments, the SEC is full of them. We were given a killer schedule to start with this year especially when you consider we replaced every single position player. This team has endured and sits in the supers. That's no small feat. Plus, there's no way to win a natty in baseball at LNS. You gotta play great teams on the road in Omaha to do that. Let's see what this bunch can do with the opportunity it's earned.

Reactions: dlravol2

VN Store

Back