Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of major importance is setting a full rotation schedule, getting everyone's agreement on it, and then letting it run continuously to get Birmingham out of the schedule-rigging business.

Stage three will be when Birmingham says it needs a "schedule reveal" TV show (purportedly for more money.) But observe: that will require that the schedule be unknown. That will require that the level-scheduling idea dies immediately. That will "force" Birmingham to make last-minute schedule changes every year, when it will be least difficult to know who will likely be up and down.

I couldnt care less about the matchups, just make sure all schedules are equal, no more hiding the top two teams from each other until Atlanta.
They will make sure the schedules are rigged. I just explained how that is going to happen "accidentally" and purportedly "for money." #68,677

That will be the easiest stage to trick people about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Nice, we were gonna do the Bahamas this year but couldn't get the group to agree on anything 🙄. They wanted to stay in a resort all week, never leave it, and sit by the pool. I wanted to go to one of those eco-resorts on a small island and fish.

Told them if they wanted to go sit by a pool or a beach for a week they should go Florida. We settled on Biloxi, and I get to go fishing lol
We're fishing. Just got through trying to get a 4 large rods and a spear in a 4" tube. Had to settle on 3 big rods and 1 small and the spear.

Last edited:
Nice, we were gonna do the Bahamas this year but couldn't get the group to agree on anything 🙄. They wanted to stay in a resort all week, never leave it, and sit by the pool. I wanted to go to one of those eco-resorts on a small island and fish.

Told them if they wanted to go sit by a pool or a beach for a week they should go Florida. We settled on Biloxi, and I get to go fishing lol
You going out to Ship Island? Mary Mahoney's Old French House is good. So is Half Shell. We are going down there for a conference, in July, I think. Can't recall. When are you going?

Reactions: SoilVol
I couldnt care less about the matchups, just make sure all schedules are equal, no more hiding the top two teams from each other until Atlanta.

I know I’m fighting a losing battle, but I really don’t want to see college football become NFL Jr. The continuous, century-old rivalries are worth preserving, IMO.

Give me Kentucky, Vandy, and Bama. The rest can rotate in and out.

I’m glad we did…. Wouldn’t give back this years game for anything in the world.
I know I’m fighting a losing battle, but I really don’t want to see college football become NFL Jr. The continuous, century-old rivalries are worth preserving, IMO.

Give me Kentucky, Vandy, and Bama. The rest can rotate in and out.
Equal scheduling > Rivalries

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Me too and btw, our party just contracted dysentery. :(
oregon-tumblr.gif

@UTProf how is it going today?

He is a ton better but still a bit confused. What worries me is the local hospital still hasn't found anything wrong. His ammonia is good (and I knew it would be because he only got out of the hospital recently and he's always been compliant - the only way it was going to go up is if he had a weird spike like he had last time) and his other tests are good. BUT they still haven't gotten a urine sample from him. He tried to give them one while I was there and couldn't do it. I don't know why they didn't do a quick cath sample since we've been telling them that this is what we suspect but they haven't.

If he hadn't had the tachycardia and super high blood pressure that put him at such high risk for a heart attack or stroke, I would've either driven us to UT or had my step dad take us because the local hospital simply isn't going to do anything that's not obvious. If it doesn't come up on the simplest tests they're going to keep him a day or two and tell me he's fine - it's just his liver failure but it's more than that. My instincts on his health have been right almost every time. I even diagnosed his heart failure when we were just grad students and they laughed and reassured me that it wasn't going to be heart failure until they came back and with faces that said we were in deep doo doo and told us - he has heart failure and cardiomyopathy, if he makes it through the night he should be fine. (Ironically, they left telling us to a resident who happened to have a last name I recognized because it was unusual - turned out her younger brother was a student in one of my classes).

Short term I think he's going to be ok but I have the feeling we will be doing this again until we can get him to UT or somewhere else that will actually try and find out what's going on which is just so damn frustrating.

He is a ton better but still a bit confused. What worries me is the local hospital still hasn't found anything wrong. His ammonia is good (and I knew it would be because he only got out of the hospital recently and he's always been compliant - the only way it was going to go up is if he had a weird spike like he had last time) and his other tests are good. BUT they still haven't gotten a urine sample from him. He tried to give them one while I was there and couldn't do it. I don't know why they didn't do a quick cath sample since we've been telling them that this is what we suspect but they haven't.

If he hadn't had the tachycardia and super high blood pressure that put him at such high risk for a heart attack or stroke, I would've either driven us to UT or had my step dad take us because the local hospital simply isn't going to do anything that's not obvious. If it doesn't come up on the simplest tests they're going to keep him a day or two and tell me he's fine - it's just his liver failure but it's more than that. My instincts on his health have been right almost every time. I even diagnosed his heart failure when we were just grad students and they laughed and reassured me that it wasn't going to be heart failure until they came back and with faces that said we were in deep doo doo and told us - he has heart failure and cardiomyopathy, if he makes it through the night he should be fine. (Ironically, they left telling us to a resident who happened to have a last name I recognized because it was unusual - turned out her younger brother was in one of my classes).

Short term I think he's going to be ok but I have the feeling we will be doing this again until we can get him to UT or somewhere else that will actually try and find out what's going on which is just so damn frustrating.
Praying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back