Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is a linneal. I used to be in management, of millenials. I said **** this...back in sales. Not being cocky, but hard work begets success, that is from a higher power.

Had a linneal ask me once how I was able to connect with people so well? I said if I have to explain that, you prob need a new line of work.
Gen z is worse. Most parents try to live vicariously through their children with activities. Millennials regret not being millennial enough, so they're living vicariously through their kids by instilling millennial behavior in them at 4 years old.

Generation X invented and instantiated the idea of milennials.

Gen X doesn't exist. They once existed but then Millennials came along and everyone forgot about the in-between generation. And then there's a micro-generation (also somewhat forgotten) -- those born in the gap between Millennials and Gen X (1977-1983 or the years in which the Star Wars Trilogy was released although some extend it to 1985) dubbed The Oregon Trail Generation, Xennials, Generation Catalano, etc. -- who are neither Gen X or Milennial. We had an analog childhood but a digital young adulthood making us a kind of bridge between generations, although I'd argue that some of us who were early adopters actually had a digital childhood as I had a computer as a kid and even knew what the internet was before I went to college but that was extremely rare.

Officially, Xennials/Oregon Trailers will fall into either Gen X or Millennial but this group is different enough because we experienced a radical shift in technology so young that many consider it a micro generation. Smart HR departments and head hunters have taken note of Xennials because we're bridges between the way it was and the way it is and have the ability to talk to both.

Gen z is worse. Most parents try to live vicariously through their children with activities. Millennials regret not being millennial enough, so they're living vicariously through their kids by instilling millennial behavior in them at 4 years old.
Spent last two hours with my girls working in the backyard. Hope it pays off. I tell ya, hope they arent like that.

Ok, guys and gals. At 3:00am Tuesday begins my excursion in the Bahamas. Our flight leaves at 5:25am from Knoxville to Nassau via Charlotte. We arrive in Nassau at 9:30am. We need to arrive at the airport by 3:30am as we have a metric crap ton of baggage. I'll probably have $500 in checked baggage. 🙄

We grab our rental then check into an air bnb near the marina. From there I'll visit a Bahama cell phone store to purchase a sim card so I can have service down there.

We them will visit grocery stores to begin provisioning for two weeks aboard our boat. We can't board our boat until 5:00PM Wednesday so we'll probably continue provisioning Wednesday too. We stay in the marina that night, go through an orientation, then we leave the marina on our way to the top of the exumas. It's a couple of hour run to where we plan to anchor.

We'll cruise over the next two weeks about 450 miles ending up back in Nassau on the 14th of June.

All the thoughts, prayers, good vibes and such are all appreciated. This is a true bucket list item that we've planned and saved for for years. I'll try and post pics along the way if we have data or wifi.
Very happy for you and your family!! I truly hope it's everything you hope it is and more!

@InVOLuntary

Apparently, I misunderstood dolphin rape. I thought people were raping dolphins. Turns out, it's the other way around.

OIP.y8eeHTEmvyZ1U-L4hBivHwHaJ0

Good luck.

What is going on in Miami?

IMG_0820.gif

I don't think that's the word you were looking for. But I always respect stretching a definition in the name of alliteration.
I was thinking of the object oriented programming definition, to create a working instance/object from an abstract class.

You could swap it out with "implemented", but as you say the alliteration is lost.

A lot of near century long rivalries gonna be ended because Nick Saban thinks he’s not getting a favorable draw.

If you ask me..one would think they would have some semblance of how this would work BEFORE accepting new members. And I get it..football is only part of it, but the kingpin. The dang conference is becoming too diluted already as one doesn't see another team for years.

I served in Vietnam, crew chief on a Huey Gunship. I was with the Air Cav Troop, 11th Armored Cavalry. We knew why we were there. No one "lied to us". It was a sh[tty war, but all wars are sh[tty. Our officers actually educated us about our treaties, SEATO, and obligations. I have nothing but respect for how professional they were.

IMHO the problem with that war was that there was a draft and all the rich kids got a deferment, at least at the beginning. When deferments went away all the rich kids and their parents started b[tching about it, protesting. IMHO that war was more justified than Iraq, maybe even Afghanistan. JMO

I thank you for your service, my dad was there also. I respect your opinion but none of these you listed were justified at all and just resulted in unwarranted death. Your officers were just relaying the company line but it was 100% wrong.

Reactions: UTProf
Gen X doesn't exist. They once existed but then Millennials came along and everyone forgot about the in-between generation. And then there's a micro-generation (also somewhat forgotten) -- those born in the gap between Millennials and Gen X (1977-1983 or the years in which the Star Wars Trilogy was released although some extend it to 1985) dubbed The Oregon Trail Generation, Xennials, Generation Catalano, etc. -- who are neither Gen X or Milennial. We had an analog childhood but a digital young adulthood making us a kind of bridge between generations, although I'd argue that some of us who were early adopters actually had a digital childhood as I had a computer as a kid and even knew what the internet was before I went to college but that was extremely rare.

Officially, Xennials/Oregon Trailers will fall into either Gen X or Millennial but this group is different enough because we experienced a radical shift in technology so young that many consider it a micro generation. Smart HR departments and head hunters have taken note of Xennials because we're bridges between the way it was and the way it is and have the ability to talk to both.

This is me and my wife. Never heard of the Oregon Trail Generation moniker. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back