NFL executive says former Vols WR Jalin Hyatt is 'naive'

I mean… I think when you are at a job interview you do your best to have some humility… everything is a test for these nfl guys. Reaction, demeanor, presence all matters. The second I saw that cowboys coach interview i said “welp that’s not good”
it’s the NFL.. the best job in the world.. be humble when answering questions no matter what they are

Ok? Just go out and prove them wrong. We need these drafted players to be successful to help recruiting and the false narrative that this is a gimmick offense.

Reactions: 08Vol
Though I'm not one who thought Hyatt was the best receiver in college football (and for his sake, I wish he had not won the Biletnikoff Award), it's not about where you start, but where you finish.

My only concerns with the labels "naive" and "arrogant" are if they mean he does not seek out and listen to people who know, who have been there, who can prepare him in ways he cannot prepare himself. Those traits never bode well for success in anything.

Peyton Manning was arrogant--in the cocky, self-assured meaning--but it was widely reported that he was always asking questions, always seeking advice from different perspectives, whether from Pat Summit or from NFL announcers.

Sometimes "naive" is simply a trust issue turned sideways.

Learn from everyone, Jalin. Don't worry about how you appear. You have tons of supporters wishing you every success in life!

Last edited:
There's a LOT of STUPID "NFL Executives"...

washington-redskins-harassment-daniel-snyder-punishment-report.jpg

There's a LOT of STUPID "NFL Executives"...

washington-redskins-harassment-daniel-snyder-punishment-report.jpg
Yep. There’s about 6-8 we’ll run organizations in NFL. Rest of them not so different than poorly performing college teams trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Stupidity mixed with ego is usually not a good mix. Not so worried about NFL…we got our guy with the right AD in Knoxville.

Record setter, All SEC, unanimous All American, Biletnikoff winner and one anonymous former NFL executive doesn't like that he doesn't have a stick up his ass. Terrible article with absolutely no merit.

Last edited:
Yep. There’s about 6-8 we’ll run organizations in NFL. Rest of them not so different than poorly performing college teams trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Stupidity mixed with ego is usually not a good mix. Not so worried about NFL…we got our guy with the right AD in Knoxville.
...and the Cowboys are not amongst the group of well run organizations if priority is placed on being a great team (winning) rather than simply the value of the organization. The Cowboys ownership and executive team can market. They just can't build a championship level football team.

VN Store

Back