2024 Lineup

taylorvol

First, let’s look who will likely or certainly be gone from the starting lineup or were big contributors in 23. It will be interesting to see which incoming freshmen will have an impact plus JUCO and portal transfers both IN and OUT

Dollander. MLB
Lindsey. MLB
Dickey. MLB
Ahuna. MLB
Sewell. Graduation
Halvorsen Graduation/MLB
Merritt. Graduation
Scott. Graduation

2024 Lineup:
CF. Ensley
RF. Tears
LF. Dreiling/Chapman
3B. Denton
SS. Jaslove/Kendro
2B. Moore
1B. Burke
C. Stark/Taylor
DH Miller/Dreiling/Chapman
SP: Beam, Burns, Sechrist, Russell
Relievers: Connell, Evans, Combs, Fanning, Jenkins, Bimbi

obviously, not sure if Denton will be back and there’s the possibility of Fanning or others getting drafted as well. Some will hit the portal so it will be interesting.

What was the deal with Colby Backus? I thought he was expected to make some noise, then everyone said he was getting red-shirted. Was he hurt? Not as good as expected? Something else?

What was the deal with Colby Backus? I thought he was expected to make some noise, then everyone said he was getting red-shirted. Was he hurt? Not as good as expected? Something else?
I don’t know. Assume he was a victim of a crowded OF and needed a season of conditioning. He could be another quality righty hitter next season.

We'll need to hit the portal hard IMO to round out the line up.

Reactions: volfan__18
First, let’s look who will likely or certainly be gone from the starting lineup or were big contributors in 23. It will be interesting to see which incoming freshmen will have an impact plus JUCO and portal transfers both IN and OUT

Dollander. MLB
Lindsey. MLB
Dickey. MLB
Ahuna. MLB
Sewell. Graduation
Halvorsen Graduation/MLB
Merritt. Graduation
Scott. Graduation

2024 Lineup:
CF. Ensley
RF. Tears
LF. Dreiling/Chapman
3B. Denton
SS. Jaslove/Kendro
2B. Moore
1B. Burke
C. Stark/Taylor
DH Miller/Dreiling/Chapman
SP: Beam, Burns, Sechrist, Russell
Relievers: Connell, Evans, Combs, Fanning, Jenkins, Bimbi

obviously, not sure if Denton will be back and there’s the possibility of Fanning or others getting drafted as well. Some will hit the portal so it will be interesting.

I got Dreiling and Chapman in LF and RF, with Tears at DH. SS looks like the biggest portal need. Wonder if this guy is an option:

Reactions: Orange.
So any chance this cole Eaton kid comes to school? I saw him play 5 times this year living in lincoln ne… he seems like an absolute stud but I wasn’t sure if he makes it to college.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I've call Dickey a professional hitter all season. What round is he projected? Any other than 1st than I wonder if he would come back.

He will definitely lose a little leverage, although he will still have 2 years remaining. I believe he is gone if he is anywhere in the top 10 rounds. Not sure his stock value gets any higher next year.

I'm still betting on his parents influence in keeping him at UT so however long it takes to get his degree.

WE NEED A CATCHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A SHORTSTOP !!!!!!!

TWO WEEKEND CALIBER STARTING PITCHERS!!!!!

Portal....come in portal!!! Can you read me????

I don’t know. Assume he was a victim of a crowded OF and needed a season of conditioning. He could be another quality righty hitter next season.
It could be that he’s just a product of the walters state machine, all power but little defense and poor contact

It’ll be interesting to see who gets the 3rd weekend spot next year. Lindsey is nearly a lock, as is Beam (who probably stays in the Sunday spot since he’s been so good there). Going into this season, one would assume Burns would be a weekend starter in 24, but things have changed. Maybe he goes back to that role. But I’m guessing he stays in the pen, becomes our stud in relief, and AJ Russell becomes the next star weekend starter for Tennessee.

It’ll be interesting to see who gets the 3rd weekend spot next year. Lindsey is nearly a lock, as is Beam (who probably stays in the Sunday spot since he’s been so good there). Going into this season, one would assume Burns would be a weekend starter in 24, but things have changed. Maybe he goes back to that role. But I’m guessing he stays in the pen, becomes our stud in relief, and AJ Russell becomes the next star weekend starter for Tennessee.
Lindsey is draft eligible and likely gone IMO. I agree with you on the remaiNing. AJ will be a stud. UT draftees have been the first pitchers in each of their last 3 draft classes to make it to MLB. UT is doing it right.

VN Store

Back