'24 MO TE Jaden Reddell (Georgia commit)

I agree to an extent. I think he was an excellent game manager and made great decisions. He didn't have a ton of turnovers and made the throws he needed to. But it's alot easier when you have that much talent around you.
Have you ever seen that video where he runs about a 60-70 yard touchdown and outruns Auburn's defensive backs to the goal line? I'm not saying he was Vince Young or anything but he was an athlete at QB, he was just undersized and white. He was only a game manager to the extent what that means is that he has a stock broker's name, lol. He also made plays in key situations in big games. They wouldn't have won either national championship without him. I think he may be harder for them to replace than their fans think.

Last edited:
We can be very picky at TE this year and there's a huge crop of talent, not worried. We can probably only take 1 more in this class anyways

Yes as a freshman. Last year his yardage was roughly the same but less touchdowns. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? With more time in the system shouldn't his production go up? Which what I said still remains, at this stage they don't know how to use him properly. Imo he should've been a much bigger part of the game plan after winning the Mackey. Imo it shows they're not developing players very well.

Gud lawd man, do you even football much? The mutts can't develop TE's but all the elite TE's keep committing to them?
MULTIPLE elite TE's in every class. I'm embarrassed for you.

Really wanted Reddell dayum-it.

Reactions: Nooga
Kirby pretty much had an easy job when he was hired.

Mark Richt pulled in plenty of elite talent there. It’s not hard to recruit there.

Heupel walked into a complete mess and has done a great job of pulling in great players despite being at a disadvantage.

This is gonna sting but the truth is Richt could not develope talent nor bring the team together.

Bowlcut must have the market cornered on voodoo spells and pixey dust cause he's doing both.

Gud lawd man, do you even football much? The mutts can't develop TE's but all the elite TE's keep committing to them?
MULTIPLE elite TE's in every class. I'm embarrassed for you.

Really wanted Reddell dayum-it.
What? All the elite everything have been committing to them because they have been paying the most money for the last few years. People can still question if they are developing at different positions without you getting embarrassed.

This is gonna sting but the truth is Richt could not develope talent nor bring the team together.

Bowlcut must have the market cornered on voodoo spells and pixey dust cause he's doing both.
And that’s enough GA worship out of you today. I’m embarrassed for you pretending to be a Vol fan on a Vol fan site.

I'm curious of how big a year Echols has.
We have to keep recruiting him too.

Need Ethan Davis to get healthy so that Heupel can showcase what he can do with good TE talent.

Davis (So)
Okoye (RsFr)
Echols (Fr)
Transfer (Sr)
Freshman ()

If we can get to that then we may be just fine.

How many drops did Fant have? For all the nice things he did in short yardage runs, he was inconsistent catching the football...as a pass catching TE.
I have faith in what Heupel is doing offensively with the TEs for when he gets real talent there, they will be developed into NFL guys

Georgia throws it more than us.
We are a running team mostly.

Common misconception by our fans that we are a pass heavy team
Part of that is because we had a lot of chunk plays in the passing game so we didn't have to make as many attempts. We were tops in that category. We didn't utilize passes to RB's as much but I think that changes with the dynamics of the RBs we're continuing to bring in.

What? All the elite everything have been committing to them because they have been paying the most money for the last few years. People can still question if they are developing at different positions without you getting embarrassed.
I refuse to believe UGA has more money than we do. I don't know why WE don't lead the SEC in spending for recruiting instead of the mutts? Heck I think they lead all of CFB. Please tell me WHY we allow that to happen? Maybe we might actually close the gap to UGA and Bama if we try the same strategy?

Last edited:
I refuse to believe UGA has more money than we do. I don't know why WE don't lead the SEC in spending for recruiting instead of the mutts? Heck I think they lead all of CFB. Please tell me WHY we allow that to happen? Maybe we might actually close the gap to UGA and Bama if we try the same strategy?
Bama? Gap? We just beat them, and we'll beat them again this year.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Abysmal take
Our TEs accounted for 36 catches for 417 yards and 3 tds. That’s 12.4% of our receptions, 9.8% of our passing yards, and 7.9% of receiving tds. For passcatchers with more than 3 catches on the season, only Jabari Small had a lower ypc than our most used TE, Fant (11.0). Warren did have a higher ypc at 13.6 on 12 receptions. In this offense, those numbers are not significant.

For comparison, uga’s backup TE, Washington, had 28 catches for 454 yds (16.2 ypc) and 2 TDs. (I only reference him because a previous post mentioned his ‘putrid’ numbers.)

A better TE would probably have higher numbers in our offense, but to think the TE position is of great value in our offense wasn’t supported in last year’s passing stats. I’m sure they add value to in run blocking, but ESPN doesn’t have stats for that.

Our TEs accounted for 36 catches for 417 yards and 3 tds. That’s 12.4% of our receptions, 9.8% of our passing yards, and 7.9% of receiving tds. For passcatchers with more than 3 catches on the season, only Jabari Small had a lower ypc than our most used TE, Fant (11.0). Warren did have a higher ypc at 13.6 on 12 receptions. In this offense, those numbers are not significant.

For comparison, uga’s backup TE, Washington, had 28 catches for 454 yds (16.2 ypc) and 2 TDs. (I only reference him because a previous post mentioned his ‘putrid’ numbers.)

A better TE would probably have higher numbers in our offense, but to think the TE position is of great value in our offense wasn’t supported in last year’s passing stats. I’m sure they add value to in run blocking, but ESPN doesn’t have stats for that.
The position isn't overrated. Your take was abysmal. We haven't had strong production from our tight ends because we haven't had tight ends with a high level of talent.

The position isn't overrated. Your take was abysmal. We haven't had strong production from our tight ends because we haven't had tight ends with a high level of talent.
So our TE talent and production have been abysmal, but they are of high value in our system? I’ll refine my take to say ‘We haven’t needed much from our TEs for this offense to be the best in the country. Their impact was not as significant compared to other positions last year. Elite talent at the position would probably lead to more production and a higher value placed on the position in the future, and make our offense more elite.’

Reactions: Vol423
Fant was a very effective player for UT.

You are right though. UGA is a terrible model when discussing TEs. Bowers was one of only 4 TE's to be in the top 100 nationally in rec/gm. There were 5 TE's in the top 50 of the SEC with Bowers and Washington both making it. UGA only had 1 WR make the SEC's top 50... he did not make the top 100 nationally.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

Yea that’s just bad. We had Princeton Fant which they used the best they could because of his experience in so many areas. But we haven’t had a true TE with a lot of talent yet.

2,701 members. Sad.
Yeah, how dare people worry about things like putting food on the table and paying bills. I should use my money to give to kids who are getting a free education and the opportunity to make millions in their future. Ill be sure to tell my daughter we can't pay her tuition this year because some athletes need money for their new cars.

A true receiving tight end usually causes a mismatch. DBs are usually too small to cover them well and linebackers usually can't match speed with them. That's why there is some much emphasis on tight end.
It's hard to compare Tennessee and Georgia on tight ends. It's apples and oranges. Georgia has an abundance of talent there. Just to say that thier backup had more yards than our entire tight end group is not painting the picture fully. Only reason he wasn't the star there was because of Bowers. I mean it's alot easier to get guys open when Bowers is getting all the focus.

For example if Bowers would've been on our team last year he probably would've had the same amount of yards and touchdowns if not higher.

We don't have that kind of talent yet.

Not overrated, and I think you will see it this season with Castles. He has draftable NFL ability at the position and should be a major safety net and chain mover for Joe Milton this season.
This. I also think we will use TEs more as Milton is more effective underneath. Hooker never really looked at the middle of the field in our offense, while the staff started focusing on underneath routes in the Clemson game with Milton

VN Store

Back