2023 OV Thread

Added DL Herb Gray for the UGA game. Seems like many teams - including North Carolina, Alabama, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Penn State - are keeping him warm.

247: "I feel like every school is telling me to enjoy the process and don't rush it," Gray said.

Added DL Herb Gray for the UGA game. Seems like many teams - including North Carolina, Alabama, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Penn State - are keeping him warm.

247: "I feel like every school is telling me to enjoy the process and don't rush it," Gray said.
In other words, people are ahead of you and we need to see the senior tape

I don't see us turning down any high level Edge or DL. Especially because many of these guys (e.g., Fountain and Nwaneri) could end up being more DE than Edge. JMO of course...
Franklin is DT, Nwaneri is like Baron he’s a SDE but can flex in on pass plays. Fountain, Ross, Rushing, and Stewart are probably at the top of the Leo. The last 2 are unrealistic though.

Franklin is DT, Nwaneri is like Baron he’s a SDE but can flex in on pass plays. Fountain, Ross, Rushing, and Stewart are probably at the top of the Leo. The last 2 are unrealistic though.
Disagree. Think rushing is realistic. As is Houston. A lot of people counting us out there just like they are with Sammy brown.

Have you seen this kid? We are not turning him away if he wants in the boat.
DL Board most likely
1. Nwaneri
2. Franklin
3. Ross
4. Fountain
5. Rushing
and that's doesn't count the 2-3 we have already committed. we also lead for 1-4. He wont get in the boat unless the others one have already made their decision

DL Board most likely
1. Nwaneri
2. Franklin
3. Ross
4. Fountain
5. Rushing
and that's doesn't count the 2-3 we have already committed. we also lead for 1-4. He wont get in the boat unless the others one have already made their decision
I think Danny Okoye is a better prospect than Lindstrom. Franklin is an interior guy and Rushing is a long shot IMO. Ross and Fountain are pure EDGE guys and Okoye is likely a SDE long term.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
I think Danny Okoye is a better prospect than Lindstrom. Franklin is an interior guy and Rushing is a long shot IMO. Ross and Fountain are pure EDGE guys and Okoye is likely a SDE long term.
What are the chances at landing Breland? Also could this staff Gentle to look elsewhere if they do land him plus Fountain and Okoye

fountain is taller and weighs almost the same as okoye he would be a more realistic sde. franklin could also probably play sde, even though he may end up at DT

So the class
LEO: Ross and Fountain
SDE: Lindstrom, Nwaneri, Gentle. First 2 can flex into DT on pass downs. Lindstrom is also a better prospect then okoye because he has the frame to flex across the line
DT: Franklin and Heard

We also need to see what happens with Breland and Rushing

What are the chances at landing Breland? Also could this staff Gentle to look elsewhere if they do land him plus Fountain and Okoye
Won't know much on Breland until after he has his OV. I think they really like Gentle unless he doesn't show progression during his senior year. Big time wrestlers generally translate well to being quality DL.

fountain is taller and weighs almost the same as okoye he would be a more realistic sde. franklin could also probably play sde, even though he may end up at DT

So the class
LEO: Ross and Fountain
SDE: Lindstrom, Nwaneri, Gentle. First 2 can flex into DT on pass downs. Lindstrom is also a better prospect then okoye because he has the frame to flex across the line
DT: Franklin and Heard

We also need to see what happens with Breland and Rushing
I don’t see Lindstrom sliding inside at all. Has a thin frame for 6’6. I think he’s a LEO until he gets to 260 and then he moves to SDE. I see him and Gentle as more athletic versions of Roman Harrison. High motor, run defenders. Gimme Okoye over both. Elite getoff and power. I think he’s headed to OU though. I think his mom just backed off the “anywhere but OU stance”. Nwaneri will be a stud playing the exact role you described. Rushing and Stewart are the best LEOs we’re in on in this class imo. Will be the best DL class in the last 2 decades for Tennessee I’m guessing

VN Store

Back