Draft Kings has Vols O/U at 9.5

I've had the same thought. I mean, I want it to be true but I'm pretty sure they still have plenty of talent? I find it hard to believe they'll only win 5 or 6 games.
I want them to firmly win 7, no more, no less. Don’t want a quick coaching change, really want to see them wander in wilderness for multiple decades.

So if my math is right they are expecting 3 losses. We do have Bama in Tuscaloosa and UGA is UGA but I have to imagine we are favored in all the rest of the games. Maybe they are looking at the egg we laid against South Carolina last year combined with our difficult schedule and just thinking we may have an off week somewhere.

They aren’t thinking or expecting anything. They are predicting what the gambling public will think or expect.

Yes, lots and lots of thoughts.

1. These prognosticators must be figuring that there will be a lot of TIES this year, as just about everyone has a .5 attached to their win totals

You know the .5 is for betting, right? You have to bet the over or under, so you are betting for UT to have 9 wins or fewer or 10 wins or more. Hence the 9.5.

lol... my man.... that's not why the .5's are there

Seriously? I am a UT grad and graduated w a strong 2.37 from the Business School of Glocker Country Club. Reckon I should have put that line in blue, but never figured someone would take it literally! Go Volz

15-0 til otherwise. CFB is hope eternal, and the off-season is when hope rises like bread dough. I drink orange Nehi. I answer baffling questions with “corn don’t grow on Rocky Top.” I wear my colors everywhere, even walking to the mailbox. GBO.
BIG ORANGE KOOL AID MAN.jpeg

Seriously? I am a UT grad and graduated w a strong 2.37 from the Business School of Glocker Country Club. Reckon I should have put that line in blue, but never figured someone would take it literally! Go Volz

You've been on message boards before, right? Not exactly unbelievable that someone would be that dumb.

Reactions: Volador
Speaking of betting, I was a little disappointed this weekend. I went to Cherokee for the WSOP. The first downer was they don't take bets on horse racing, so that took the fun out of the Kentucky derby. I went to drop $100 on Joe Milton for Heisman before I left. No dice there either. I was told no betting on anything that is voted on.

Texas A&M, @ UK and USCjr are going to be those swing games I think. Vegas is trying to make us guess if we can go 3-0 or 2-1 in those games. I guess they’re assuming we lose to UGA and Bama.
I think the A&M game is the real swing game here. It’s hard to know what to expect with them. TN will thump KY again. I’m a little nervous about USCjr, but Heupel probably has that game circled and it’s in Neyland. Payback time.

I think the A&M game is the real swing game here. It’s hard to know what to expect with them. TN will thump KY again. I’m a little nervous about USCjr, but Heupel probably has that game circled and it’s in Neyland. Payback time.

I like the fact that we get 2 of those 3 in Neyland and that we get a bye before aTm. USCjr is definitely a revenge game, and I hope the score of that game is posted all over that football complex. I feel like UK always plays us tough up there, but to me the biggest question mark is still Milton . I think he can be very good, but I just haven’t seen enough. Taking care of Clemson with a month to prepare is one thing. Doing it week after week after week is another . I will feel a lot better about things if he consistently shows that he can lead the offense efficiently and not miss throws on a regular basis. I just haven’t seen enough yet. I’m sure that’ll piss some people off, but that’s how i see it.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Considering A&M is our rotating West opponent this year, take the Over on them although they are a dumpster fire....
I wish I could buy into that. They have as much talent as any team in the nation and jimbo has past proven he can get things done. I don’t see them being as bad two years running. I hope they are though.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Is Florida really this bad ? I mean seriously ? If so, just wow. I cannot get my mind around that.

No they aren’t. I know people wanna make a big deal about their spring game but that’s meaningless. Florida will win at least 7 games this year. The overreactions to IF are almost as bad as ones about Bama being done.

I like the fact that we get 2 of those 3 in Neyland and that we get a bye before aTm. USCjr is definitely a revenge game, and I hope the score of that game is posted all over that football complex. I feel like UK always plays us tough up there, but to me the biggest question mark is still Milton . I think he can be very good, but I just haven’t seen enough. Taking care of Clemson with a month to prepare is one thing. Doing it week after week after week is another . I will feel a lot better about things if he consistently shows that he can lead the offense efficiently and not miss throws on a regular basis. I just haven’t seen enough yet. I’m sure that’ll piss some people off, but that’s how i see it.
I know what you’re saying and I have the same apprehensions of Milton. I just have faith in Heupel. He took a mediocre transfer and turned him into a heisman front-runner (pre injury) and produced an 11 win season with a bunch of misfits in year 2. Like what?!? I do expect a small step back on offense this year and that’s fine with me. We may finish 9-3, but then we have Nico primed and ready to take over with more star power and depth on defense as well. I don’t think Heupel is playing around here. We’ll be fine.

This can’t be right. SC jr. at only 6.5? Everyone knows they’re going to run roughshod over the SEC - just ask their fans.

I know what you’re saying and I have the same apprehensions of Milton. I just have faith in Heupel. He took a mediocre transfer and turned him into a heisman front-runner (pre injury) and produced an 11 win season with a bunch of misfits in year 2. Like what?!? I do expect a small step back on offense this year and that’s fine with me. We may finish 9-3, but then we have Nico primed and ready to take over with more star power and depth on defense as well. I don’t think Heupel is playing around here. We’ll be fine.
I’m with you on Heupel. I don’t know that I’ve ever had as much confidence in a head coach as I do with Heupel. Even during Fulmer’s tenure I always felt like it was a guessing game of which team was going to show up. With JH I feel like we have one of the best offensive minds in the game and I’ll trust that he’ll put us in the right position to succeed.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I think y’all are high thinking Bama is gonna lose more than once. My dog could go play QB down there. They are freaking stacked and mad.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL

VN Store

Back