‘23 CA Bronny James

USC better at producing pros lately and I think location matters. I don't think UCLA was even a finalist.
plus less expectation as a team. the scrutiny (which this kid will get anyway) would be amplified at a blue blood.
UCLA is in Los Angeles, I think???? Right?
I admit I'm not a Lebron fan and don't care about Bronnie.....but If he's as "great" as expected............shying away from scrutiny shouldn't be a concern. Arch Manning should have gone to Purdue then.....:rolleyes:

I admit I'm not a Lebron fan and don't care about Bronnie.....but If he's as "great" as expected............shying away from scrutiny shouldn't be a concern. Arch Manning should have gone to Purdue then.....:rolleyes:

I was thinking UCLA was on the other side of LA. It is not but Crypto.com arena is only 5 minutes from where the Trojans play and campus is on the same side of LA as their home in Brentwood. UCLA's arena is only 20 from crypto.com, but that can easily turn into an hour with traffic.

Who is as great as expected? Bronny? He's not expected to be that great. He'll play in the an NBA, but nobody is thinking he needs to prove in college that he can lead a team to greatness through pressure, because he's probably just gonna be a 3 and D guy.

I don't think it was fear of pressure, tho. I think it was a lot of things. I don't think pressure at UCLA is all that great, TBH. Maybe more than USC but probably not as much as Tennessee, even.

USC getting a phoney 5 star athlete.

If it wasn't for his father, LBJ, Bronny wouldn't be going to USC

What a waste of NIL money for the Trojans lol.

Feels like when knoxville made a huge deal about free Uros

No, Pasadena. Or Westwood. Or Hollywood. Who knows?

Everyone is acting like he's a scrub. Bronny isn't a bad athlete/player. Feel like a low-4* isn't exactly a bad ranking for him. Wish him the best of luck and actually hope he plays great.

I agree. I must admit I thought he was all hype until I saw him play in McDonald’s A-A game and I was really impressed by his performance. He has a really nice shooting stroke. He doesn't have the explosive athletic ability of Lebron but he has the potential to be an elite three point shooter, imo.

I was thinking UCLA was on the other side of LA. It is not but Crypto.com arena is only 5 minutes from where the Trojans play and campus is on the same side of LA as their home in Brentwood. UCLA's arena is only 20 from crypto.com, but that can easily turn into an hour with traffic.
Not to pick a fight but… UCLA is essentially in Brentwood. USC is on the other side of DTLA. Location would have played no part of choosing between UCLA and USC, but if it did, UCLA would be going to class in his back yard.

Reactions: peaygolf
Not to pick a fight but… UCLA is essentially in Brentwood. USC is on the other side of DTLA. Location would have played no part of choosing between UCLA and USC, but if it did, UCLA would be going to class in his back yard.

The only place Lebron ever has to be is Crypto.com arena and it's 5x the distance to UCLA's arena in LA traffic

Last edited:
Wut? Neither USC or UCLA play there. Do you think NBA players live at their home arena?

He doesn't ever have to be home. He only has to be at work. The only time work interferes is if he's on the road or at Crypto.

you're right thst it's not meaningful enough to exclude UCLA

Reactions: berryvol

*has never once watched Bronny played ball*

"he's a phony pawl!!!!111!!"

spending NIL $ to recruit the most popular 18 year old athlete on the planet is actually the opposite of a waste.

Funny to see people questioning why Bronny would pick USC, who already signed Isaiah Collier.

You think you gotta be a legit 5-star for USC to want you? You think you gotta be a legit 5-star to bring in revenue? Bro, that's not how any of this works.

Last edited:

Going to USC probably saved a lot of programs a lot of heartache from potential drama.

Reactions: Vols till I fall
Going to USC probably saved a lot of programs a lot of heartache from potential drama.

The kid has had a microscope on him throughout HS and all we got is a video of him smoking weed.

15 years ago I was in a sports econ class and I remember reviewing research that claimed the average future NBA player brings in $800k of annual revenue to the program. That was 15 years ago and this isn't an average future NBA player pre-social media era. This is a huge celebrity in the social media era. Imagine what he's worth to USC? He'd have to go nuclear with drama to not be worth the $ that he brings in.

Everyone is acting like he's a scrub. Bronny isn't a bad athlete/player. Feel like a low-4* isn't exactly a bad ranking for him. Wish him the best of luck and actually hope he plays great.

Supposedly he's grown 2" and the difference between 6' 2" and 6' 4" is immense for him and what he's trying to be (3 and D). If that's real, then it's hard to say 5* is a bad grade. If he pans out, guys like him are getting $70-100m contracts right now. Is that 4-star talent? IDK. Not sure how they determine it. If it's just "how good can you be in your role" then yeah, he's a 5-star.

Last edited:
The kid has had a microscope on him throughout HS and all we got is a video of him smoking weed.

15 years ago I was in a sports econ class and I remember reviewing research that claimed the average future NBA player brings in $800k of annual revenue to the program. That was 15 years ago and this isn't an average future NBA player pre-social media era. This is a huge celebrity in the social media era. Imagine what he's worth to USC? He'd have to go nuclear with drama to not be worth the $ that he brings in.

So let's use a UK for example. Do you think the revenue that James would bring in at UK would be worth having his dad poke around and criticize substitution decisions if he's not that good in year 1 which could split the locker room?

So let's use a UK for example. Do you think the revenue that James would bring in at UK would be worth having his dad poke around and criticize substitution decisions if he's not that good in year 1 which could split the locker room?
Have I missed something though where Lebron has been shown to poke around and criticize decisions by Bronny's coaches so far?

Do you think the revenue that James would bring in at UK would be worth having his dad poke around and criticize substitution decisions if he's not that good in year 1 which could split the locker room?

Please give an example of when Lebron has done this with his sons..

Please give an example of when Lebron has done this with his sons..

My point is why recruit a kid for name recognition and attention when he may not be a big minutes guy when it could lead to other issues.

It has been talked about for at least 4 years about Bronny playing in the NBA with his dad.

VN Store

Back