LADY VOLS 3x3

Is there a sequence of steps to get to see the games once you are into the link provided in this thread or do you have to be a subscriber. I am having trouble finding the games.

Last edited:
i wonder how the addition of wells and spear will impact Tess with the starting lineup. i love tess, first of all. i just think both wells and spear add a 3 point shot to the starting line up. enough to stretch the defense, which was a huge factor with tess starting last year. i imagine tess earns the starting spot in practice too. with all that said, i could see her being a lethal first off the bench type of player next year.

Reactions: Volfan2012
i wonder how the addition of wells and spear will impact Tess with the starting lineup. i love tess, first of all. i just think both wells and spear add a 3 point shot to the starting line up. enough to stretch the defense, which was a huge factor with tess starting last year. i imagine tess earns the starting spot in practice too. with all that said, i could see her being a lethal first off the bench type of player next year.
We all know it should be Wells, Spear, Jackson, Key, and Hollingshead is your best five. What we could see however is Key with Hollingshead and Striplin as the fives. Jackson and Puckett at the four, We could see her work Darby and Strickland at the three, Spear and Wynn at the two, and Wells and Powell at the point.

This is 3x3 and y’all acting like we the worst team to ever take the court. I can not. Dear Lord. Hell, let’s fire Kellie now. Ya know this is her fault. :rolleyes:

so true LOL it is also really an opportunity for some players to get better. we don't typically send the main producers on our team to this event. it's a growth moment. context is key here. : )

This is 3x3 and y’all acting like we the worst team to ever take the court. I can not. Dear Lord. Hell, let’s fire Kellie now. Ya know this is her fault. :rolleyes:
A lot of teams sent their players that start all four of Creighton's team are in their starting five. I know Darby and Striplin started, but they were questionable starters and will be again is they start this season with the new additional players we now have.

We all know it should be Wells, Spear, Jackson, Key, and Hollingshead is your best five. What we could see however is Key with Hollingshead and Striplin as the fives. Jackson and Puckett at the four, We could see her work Darby and Strickland at the three, Spear and Wynn at the two, and Wells and Powell at the point.

absolutely spot on analysis. one thing that will likely happen (but i hope it doesn't!) is Key will find herself in foul trouble where Karo and Jil have to play the 5 for big stretches of the game. i personally prefer Jil at the 5 in those moments but guess it will depend on who else is on the floor at the same time.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Duke falls to Seton Hall in the best game of the day. 21-19 on last second free throws!!

Indiana brought their players and they already got thumped and are currently losing to MTSU 😵‍💫

MTSU run rules INDIANA with 2 mins left!!!! 21-14 both teams had poor performances in their first game

so true LOL it is also really an opportunity for some players to get better. we don't typically send the main producers on our team to this event. it's a growth moment. context is key here. : )
As is the context of what we were commenting on. Everyone knows you can't judge much in this format. OTOH, you can tell if players continue to struggle with known issues and believe it or not our players did just that in about 5 areas in 10 minutes. We're in constant player eval mode what with the portal adds and we're all working on our way too early starting lineups.

So I repeat. The first game today made me very grateful for our portal guards. The next game is free to change my mind.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
WOW! Ole Miss with the comeback. Collins hit some huge threes Scott looked good again. Better showing by UCLA after their first game struggle

Reactions: travis929
I can see some time sharing, esp early on, at both guard positions kind of like with Walker and Powell at PG last year. Inevitably that will give way to whoever ends up being most consistent. The good thing is we'll be able to play situationally, who's hot, who's got a good defensive matchup, etc. I'm pretty happy w Wells/Powell and Spear/Darby as tandems. I think I know how the time is going to eventually tilt, but all can contribute and it's good to have such quality depth.

Interesting that St. John's has Kadaja Bailey playing; I'm pretty sure she's out of eligibility.

Edit: Peeples and Reid are also out of eligibility. St. John's only has 4 players on their 2023-24 roster so far so I guess they didn't have many options.

Shyanne Sellers looks VERY good for Maryland.

Reactions: VolFuture

VN Store

Back