Who Is The Best Player You Have Seen In Person?

Michael Jordan was the best player I have ever seen play in person. I know this is in the football forum but he was the best. When he wanted to score there was almost no one who could stop him.

Weirdly, I never got to see him play basketball, but I did get to watch him play baseball against - I can't remember if the Smokies were still the KJays or not - when he played for the Birmingham Barons.

I also got see Kevin Durant play in high school when he went to Oak Hill Academy., he seemed like he was going to be pretty good, lol.

Reactions: MAD
Haven’t been to any major college games, sadly. My family wasn’t big on going to games when I was a kid and then I moved away as an adult.

We did see one Colts game back when the Sheriff was in residence. Outside of Peyton, I got to see Randall Cobb play qb in high school and he was phenomenal.

OK, he's not a UT guy and the sport is not football, so flame if you want.

I was 13 years old playing YMCA basketball here in Huntsville AL. Our coach got a block of tickets to go watch an Alabama Basketball game, and I think we took a bus to Tuscaloosa, (can't remember the transportation).
This was Feb 7th, 1970. Alabama playing LSU. Pete Maravich just torched Alabama that night. His floppy "good luck" socks were on full display. No 3 point line back then and he put up an NCAA record of 69 points, and by golly, I was there.

Article about Pete Maravich Torching Bama

A link to the story above. Pasting a picture from that story below.

1683039664032.png

Even for someone who’s been watching since the mid 80’s I say Cordarelle Patterson was the most electric player I’ve ever seen at UT in his one year. He and Eric Berry are 1.A and 1.B if we’re talking Tennessee guys.

OK, he's not a UT guy and the sport is not football, so flame if you want.

I was 13 years old playing YMCA basketball here in Huntsville AL. Our coach got a block of tickets to go watch an Alabama Basketball game, and I think we took a bus to Tuscaloosa, (can't remember the transportation).
This was Feb 7th, 1970. Alabama playing LSU. Pete Maravich just torched Alabama that night. His floppy "good luck" socks were on full display. No 3 point line back then and he put up an NCAA record of 69 points, and by golly, I was there.

Article about Pete Maravich Torching Bama

A link to the story above. Pasting a picture from that story below.

View attachment 549557
Cool story

Who Is The Best Player You Have Seen In Person?

I’ve seen so many but none better than Condredge Holloway.
Hyatt has a case to be made based on pure performance. Hookers game against Florida was probably the best I’ve seen a UT QB play in my lifetime (I thought he was sharper vs Florida than Bama). I saw us manhandle an all time great running back and receiver combo in Jackson and Lynch against Cal in 06. I thought Bryce Young was impressive at Neyland, especially playing in a deafening noise with a messed up shoulder. Eric Berry deserves a shout. His pro career was a lot more impressive than his time with us but I remember getting to with Witten beating the pigs in overtime like 20 something years ago

Reactions: ptcarter and MAD

VN Store

Back