Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Bernard: "Just look at that happy young couple!"
Cephas: "Yeah, but they ain't celebrated their Golden Anniversity, have they?"
Bernard: "Well...gotta go clean out my gutters...have a blessed day...."

Last edited:
Here’s the deal, imo. Unfortunately, there are currently no forum members that were active, BP, the age commonly attributed as Before Pat. Therefore, there are currently few sage enough to truly understand the years she struggled to build “The Program”.
Occasionally you’ll run across a post here that explains the ship that began to develop leaks and take on water, a couple of years after co architect, DeMoss headed to UK. This is also the beginning of the internet era. Woof. Now everybody gets an opinion.

Following Candace Parker, and the ascent of Geno, came the hard lesson. College sports programs don’t stay on top forever. Imo, I believe DeMoss returned to help right the ship. But the course correction was underway and she wasn’t tabbed by Pat to lead the next era. The Holly era generated all manners of foul internal issues within the program, few, if any, of her making, but certainly all within her sphere of her responsibility. Insert Fulmer with his politifan baggage. Thanks Phat for ‘98. He hires probably the only qualified/willing candidate available at cost due to the hemorrhaging of funds over at the money cow called Neyland.

So we’ve got this wonderful eclectic group, from a wide spectrum of eras with wildly disparate expectations. It’s easy to piss people off here. Then there are those that are here for that very reason. Try to enjoy the time you spend here. And make full use of the ignore button if so inclined. 😎

The way you stay at or near the top--or try to-- is to hire the right coaches--proven winners. We haven't done that.

Here’s the deal, imo. Unfortunately, there are currently no forum members that were active, BP, the age commonly attributed as Before Pat. Therefore, there are currently few sage enough to truly understand the years she struggled to build “The Program”.
Occasionally you’ll run across a post here that explains the ship that began to develop leaks and take on water, a couple of years after co architect, DeMoss headed to UK. This is also the beginning of the internet era. Woof. Now everybody gets an opinion.

Following Candace Parker, and the ascent of Geno, came the hard lesson. College sports programs don’t stay on top forever. Imo, I believe DeMoss returned to help right the ship. But the course correction was underway and she wasn’t tabbed by Pat to lead the next era. The Holly era generated all manners of foul internal issues within the program, few, if any, of her making, but certainly all within her sphere of her responsibility. Insert Fulmer with his politifan baggage. Thanks Phat for ‘98. He hires probably the only qualified/willing candidate available at cost due to the hemorrhaging of funds over at the money cow called Neyland.

So we’ve got this wonderful eclectic group, from a wide spectrum of eras with wildly disparate expectations. It’s easy to piss people off here. Then there are those that are here for that very reason. Try to enjoy the time you spend here. And make full use of the ignore button if so inclined. 😎

“He hires probably the only qualified/willing candidate available at cost due to the hemorrhaging of funds over at the money cow called Neyland.”

Which is code for buying out contracts and having to go cheap, if I read that correctly.

“He hires probably the only qualified/willing candidate available at cost due to the hemorrhaging of funds over at the money cow called Neyland.”

Which is code for buying out contracts and having to go cheap, if I read that correctly.
It’s a shame Holly lacked that mercenary edge you seem to seek.

Imagine if the AD had settled on this criteria in 1974 when Tennessee was looking to hire a coach for the Women's basketball team!

Jim
You didn’t need that criteria in 1974.The times are different the game is different the players are different. You can’t compare 1974 with this era of basketball

Did they not dribble pass and shoot ball in 74, lol worst thing I have ever heard can't compare this era vs that era who says?
I say because that was a time of innocence when ladies were just glad to play basketball there were no outside influences like it is now so yes the times are different

You didn’t need that criteria in 1974.The times are different the game is different the players are different. You can’t compare 1974 with this era of basketball
The coaching landscape back then was different too because there wasn't that many proven coaches to chose from. Coaches were getting hired straight out of college with no experience or with just a couple of years of assistant coaching experience.

Last edited:
The coaching landscape back then was different toobecause they wasn't that many proven coaches to chose from. Coaches were getting hired straight out of college with no experience or with just a couple of years of assistant coaching experience.
You are spot on and i thought of it I just chose not to write it

The coaching landscape back then was different too because they wasn't that many proven coaches to chose from. Coaches were getting hired straight out of college with no experience or with just a couple of years of assistant coaching experience.
There were other issues as well. In Tennessee they were still playing 3 on 3 x 2. So Pat was recruiting a large number of out of state players acclimatized and used to the full court game.
City honors Title IX anniversary with resolution; cites local people

You can say it has to be production by demand, but LSU invested in these players before they won a natty because they knew that's how you get the players. The large majority of our fans aren't willing to invest until we are final 4. You have to invest upfront to get the players. I don't see why our fanbase can't put two and two together on that.

And yes I do know some of the deal sizes that our players are offered and receive. I'm just tired of our fanbase complaining yet doing nothing about it while other fanbases are willing to do so.
LSU invested in the leadership before players. Get the leadership right the rest falls in place. Which falls in that business part of production met on the court criteria. The national championship coach was their biggest investment.

LSU invested in the leadership before players. Get the leadership right the rest falls in place. Which falls in that business part of production met on the court criteria. The national championship coach was their biggest investment.
Yes, but LSU followed up with investing in players immediately. Leadership demanded that investment in players as a contingency of employment at LSU.

What leadership are you wanting to replace?? Plowman,White??
Leadership are the ones in charge of the respective programs. I’m not calling for replacement, just stating the obvious you get what you pay for. Many want to pay for championships, players and bypass what separates the top tier teams and us. Fans can form their own opinions as they will and place blame where they see fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Leadership are the ones in charge of the respective programs. I’m not calling for replacement, just stating the obvious you get what you pay for. Many want to pay for championships, players and bypass what separates the top tier teams and us. Fans can form their own opinions as they will and place blame where they see fit.
Good job of not answering the question...

"
Get the leadership right?? What exactly does that mean then?
Head Coach/staff. That’s not a call to fire anyone, but accepting where we are compared to those we are chasing. Those others managed to win prior to NIL and portal.

Head Coach/staff. That’s not a call to fire anyone, but accepting where we are compared to those we are chasing. Those others managed to win prior to NIL and portal.
So a different head coach would get us more NIL money????

So a different head coach would get us more NIL money????
Not what I said, better production on the court will. Fans are wanting upfront money and businesses may be saying show me first. Those other teams showed they can win without NIL.

VN Store

Back