2024 Recruiting Thread

There is no low balling. We need more corporate sponsors and/or members of BHC. We have some legit deals but aren't at the point to throw around six figures at each and every recruit. Only a couple schools can do that.
How do you know there was no lowballing? Do you have an exact number by both schools? Other part, business works both ways. Asking a corporate sponsor to invest more money in a kids cost of living to be happy by financial demand. The production has to be met by the team on the court for a business to want to invest.

Last edited:
How do you know there was no lowballing? Do you have an exact number by both schools? Other part, business works both ways. Asking a corporate sponsor to invest more money in a kids cost of living to be happy by financial demand. The production has to be met by the team on the court for a business to want to invest.

You can say it has to be production by demand, but LSU invested in these players before they won a natty because they knew that's how you get the players. The large majority of our fans aren't willing to invest until we are final 4. You have to invest upfront to get the players. I don't see why our fanbase can't put two and two together on that.

And yes I do know some of the deal sizes that our players are offered and receive. I'm just tired of our fanbase complaining yet doing nothing about it while other fanbases are willing to do so.

You can say it has to be production by demand, but LSU invested in these players before they won a natty because they knew that's how you get the players. The large majority of our fans aren't willing to invest until we are final 4. You have to invest upfront to get the players. I don't see why our fanbase can't put two and two together on that.

And yes I do know some of the deal sizes that our players are offered and receive. I'm just tired of our fanbase complaining yet doing nothing about it while other fanbases are willing to do so.
And know what LSU has offered players in comparison to ours.

Reactions: PRG
What did we blame lack of recruiting on before NIL whenever a supposed “lean” went somewhere else? Oh wait, I remember. We called it negative recruiting.

That's epidemic all over college sports now whenever players decide to go somewhere else. It's a factor, I think, when kids with plenty of playing time and recognition jump in the portal. I think its gossamer with every high profile recruit in multiple sports at USC (the California one). But WBB high school recruiting. I think its still a case, for the most part (see JuJu Watkins and USC), of the "it" programs getting the juice. UConn is UConn. Olivia Miles juiced Notre Dame the same as Skylar Diggens-Smith. Might not like her or her coach but Angel Reese put LSU in the stratosphere. With the help of one of the worse coaching jobs I've ever seen by Dawn Staley vs Iowa. South Carolina has had 2 bigs go as the #1 overall WNBA pick. Stanford will get their share because of it's academics and the assembly line of bigs out west.

As great and popular as Caitlyn Clark is. That hasn't transferred to Iowa as of yet.

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (12)
2. Mikayla Blakes (25)
3. Alexandra Blue (33)
4. Kaniya Boyd (29) To Tennessee!
5. Jaloni Cambridge (1)
6. Justice Carlton (4)
7. Morgan Cheli (17) To UCONN
8. Kendall Dudley (15) to UCLA
9. Joyce Edwards (2)
10. Jordan Lee (11)
11. Tahj Monet-Bloom (44)
12. Olivia Olsen (9) To Michigan
13. MeArah O'Neal
14. Taliyah Parker (31)
15. Bryanna Preston (35)
16. Arianna Roberson (28)
17. Blanca Thomas (10)
18. Ava Grace Watson (48)
2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (12)
2. Mikayla Blakes (25)
3. Alexandra Blue (33)
4. Kaniya Boyd (29) To Tennessee!
5. Jaloni Cambridge (1)
6. Justice Carlton (4)
7. Morgan Cheli (17) To UCONN
8. Kendall Dudley (15) to UCLA
9. Joyce Edwards (2)
10. Jordan Lee (11)
11. Tahj Monet-Bloom (44)
12. Olivia Olsen (9) To Michigan
13. MeArah O'Neal
14. Taliyah Parker (31)
15. Bryanna Preston (35)
16. Arianna Roberson (28)
17. Blanca Thomas (10)
18. Ava Grace Watson (48)

Is Lauren Ware, 6' 5" post, Arizona, still on any lists? She was supposed to have been fully recovered from knee surgery now and in the portal.

the trip to Portugal by a member of the coaching staff to assess a tall young player several months back. The story was launched but nothing followed that I read. does anyone have additional information?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back