Jalin Hyatt - WTH?

Lol. Most of this is demonstrably false. He has broken tackles. He can run routes. He is a complete WR. One dimensional WRs don’t win the Biletnikoff award. Just stop it. Hyatt is being disrespected because he torches DBs and gets open. I remember another WR that did the same thing. I am not saying Hyatt is anywhere as good as he was but Randy Moss. All Moss did was run straight deep routes. I realize Hyatt isn’t as fast or tall. But this notion that he can’t run routes is ridiculous.

You are doing the same thing many are. Holding the system against him.
He’s the best receiver in UT history in my opinion. I still can’t wrap my mind around what he did to the Bama scum

Lol. Most of this is demonstrably false. He has broken tackles. He can run routes. He is a complete WR. One dimensional WRs don’t win the Biletnikoff award. Just stop it. Hyatt is being disrespected because he torches DBs and gets open. I remember another WR that did the same thing. I am not saying Hyatt is anywhere as good as he was but Randy Moss. All Moss did was run straight deep routes. I realize Hyatt isn’t as fast or tall. But this notion that he can’t run routes is ridiculous.

You are doing the same thing many are. Holding the system against him.
What I said has zero to do with any "system". Glad you know more than all those other NFL teams. Maybe you should buy a franchise and show them how its done. I hope he is the leading receiver in the NFL but if he played for anyone other than UT you wouldnt be saying the same. Again, Im a huge fan of his but Im a realist as well.

What I said has zero to do with any "system". Glad you know more than all those other NFL teams. Maybe you should buy a franchise and show them how its done. I hope he is the leading receiver in the NFL but if he played for anyone other than UT you wouldnt be saying the same. Again, Im a huge fan of his but Im a realist as well.

The NFL is validating an opinion you happen to share.

But they get stuff wrong ALL THE TIME. So maybe lay off the whole "it's their job" shtick just a bit.
If you haven't noticed, coaches get fired all the damn time. Well hey, maybe they weren't aware of their job??🙄

"Realistically" you won't be back here eating crow when Hyatt starts torching NFL secondaries.

Reactions: Snakebrown13
I do wish KC would take him. I believe thats one place that he could make. Ole Andy would know how to use him.

That’s a joke. The best WR in the nation is being disrespected. Hyatt is better than anyone besides maybe Njigba.

But they get stuff wrong ALL THE TIME. So maybe lay off the whole "it's their job" shtick just a bit.
If you haven't noticed, coaches get fired all the damn time. Well hey, maybe they weren't aware of their job??🙄

"Realistically" you won't be back here eating crow when Hyatt starts torching NFL secondaries.
BOT and LV are aligned…the prophecies have come true…
1682654430999.gif

What crow am I to eat? Literally everyone outside of volnation says the same and I hope they are all wrong including myself. I legitimately want him to succeed but because I state the reasons why teams are skeptical of using a 1st round pick on him yall get all kinds of tore up. 7th rounders can have a hall of fame career right? He will get drafted but again I can understand why he didnt go in the first. He wont be able to get as free as he was in college 40 yards down field in the NFL ( or maybe he can).

Reactions: BradstarVols
Cooper Krupp- 4.62
Michael Thomas- 4.57
Keenan Allen- 4.71
Devante Adams- 4.4
Stefan Diggs- 4.46
AJ Brown- 4.49

Jalin Hyatt - 4.4

I don't think anyone was calling Hyatt slow, just saying he needed to be 4.3 or better to be considered for a 1st round draft pick because of some of the skills he is lacking. Tillman is honestly the better pick to take in the draft than Hyatt. I wish Hyatt nothing but the best, and loved every second of what he contributed to our season, but he does have deficiencies in his game. Hyatt has an extremely difficult time getting off man to man press coverage, this is actually probably his biggest downside the scouts and GMs are looking at. The reason he needed a 4.3 or better is because he wont just blaze past NFL corners at his speed. I hope he gets in there and works his butt off to get better at the rest of his craft, but he's just not currently there yet.

Reactions: Jaingo and Helton1

Hmmm those same NFL teams took guys like aryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Brian Bosworth, arson Wentz, Josh Rosen, Tim Couch, Baker Mayfield. Johnny Manziel and countless others high and praised those guys. Stop acting like the NFL teams are infallible.

If he were playing for another team I wouldn’t be saying the same thing? Love that conjecture there bud. Hate to break it to you but you are just wrong. Remember when Addison won the Biletnikoff? I thought he was the best WR ok the nation.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Quinten Johnston was picked 21st. So I have seen people say oh well Hyatt didn’t do squat against UGA. Oh when he faced real DBs he couldn’t do much. Well how did #2 overall WR drafted do against UGA?

Hyatt bs UGA- 6 for 63 yards

Johnston vs UGA- 1 for 3 yards

He's not fast enough for his size. I honestly don't think he will be that good in NFL. He doesn't run great routes and he's undersized. If he would have ran sub 4.4 might have made a difference. Almost all his tds were him wide open. That's more Heupel then hyatt
I made a similar argument regarding Hooker earlier in the the year and got roasted. The vast majority of his completions were to guys running wide open, especially the long balls. Against UGA where guys were open but the windows much tighter he was just bad.

VN Store

Back